Uk Settlement Waiting

My wife received an SMS yesterday evening saying that her visa had been couriered yesterday, i.e. Friday. Don't suppose anyone knows how long this courier service normally takes to deliver do they?

The waiting is nearly over perhaps maybe Monday or Tuesday. She's going to phone the Courier company now. I'll return to the board when we have further news......

Good luck all

Cheers

Stam

Hi Stament. You queue jumping ?

Good luck, I hope it all works out.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife received an SMS yesterday evening saying that her visa had been couriered yesterday, i.e. Friday. Don't suppose anyone knows how long this courier service normally takes to deliver do they?

The waiting is nearly over perhaps maybe Monday or Tuesday. She's going to phone the Courier company now. I'll return to the board when we have further news......

Good luck all

Cheers

Stam

Hi Stament. You queue jumping ?

Good luck, I hope it all works out.

No I'm British, we Brits don't queue jump. We queue up in an orderly fashion!

Houston, we have lift off!!

Tigerfish please do the honours and mark us down as a success. Just got confirmation today. FANTASTIC FEELING. Good luck to all those waiting and thanks for keeping this thread running as it certainly gives hope and optimism for people waiting.

Got to go now, very busy still at work but will hopefully have a few to celebrate tonight if the tube strike is called off !!!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL,

Stam

Tigerfish please do the honours and mark us down as a success. Just got confirmation today. FANTASTIC FEELING. Good luck to all those waiting and thanks for keeping this thread running as it certainly gives hope and optimism for people waiting.

Got to go now, very busy still at work but will hopefully have a few to celebrate tonight if the tube strike is called off !!!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL,

Stam

great news stament, well done mate, good luck for the future.

cheers

GOOD LUCK TO ALL,

Stam

Best wishes to you and your wife Stament,I feel for Jason and Chiang mai though,and am especially interested in Jasons case ,as I am awaiting for my step grandchildrens application.

Good Luck everyone

I got a success too, we are chuffed to bits. Flights are booked, missus and daughter here in two weeks.

I would have posted earlier but worked have blocked access to this site.. Must be my recent activity , hehe.

Good luck everyone and thanks again for your support.

Congratulations to Stament and incy !!!

I was beginning to wonder where you were and was fearing the worst incy.

There is now some indication that there can be an element of randomness in the processing.

Waiting times from applications that have completed.

26 Feb, 08 Apr, 5 weeks and 6 days, weaver93, successful

03 Mar, 22 Apr, 7 weeks and 1 day, kp86, successful

04 Mar, 26 Apr, 7 weeks and 4 days, rinbury, unknown

08 Mar, 04 May, 8 weeks and 1 day, lostforwords, successful

08 Mar, 05 May, 8 weeks and 2 days, harrydash, successful

10 Mar, 06 May, 8 weeks and 1 day, samuzza, successful

19 Mar, 12 May, 7 weeks and 5 days, , refused

26 Mar, 25 May, 8 weeks and 4 days, andyandythai, unknown

30 Mar, 27 May, 8 weeks and 2 days, HowardJohnson, successful

30 Mar, 03 Jun, 9 weeks and 2 days, , refused

30 Apr, 04 May, 0 weeks and 4 days, bwalker1973, successful

07 May, 29 Jun, 7 weeks and 4 days, craiggm16, successful

11 May, 02 Jul, 7 weeks and 3 days, Phil_nu_uk and nongbkk, both successful

24 May, 09 Jul, 6 weeks and 4 days, friend of catch245uk, unknown

25 May, 12 Jul, 6 weeks and 6 days, candledinner79, successful

25 May, 15 Jul, 7 weeks and 2 days, sanook2me, successful

26 May, 16 Jul, 7 weeks and 2 days, catch245UK, successful

31 May, 21 Jul, 7 weeks and 2 days, Matty1243, successful

01 Jun, 23 Jul, 7 weeks and 3 days, billymalky and esoteric, both successful

02 Jun, 02 Aug, 8 weeks and 5 days, Kaks and mikeee, both successful

04 Jun, 18 Aug, 10 weeks and 5 days, snuggzzz, successful

08 Jun, 06 Aug, 8 weeks and 3 days, kevozman1, successful

09 Jun, 09 Aug, 8 weeks and 5 days, snakey, successful

11 Jun, 11 Aug, 8 weeks and 5 days, tigerjohn, successful

18 Jun, 25 Aug, 9 weeks and 5 days, Dubar, successful

21 Jun, 03 Sep, 10 weeks and 4 days, incy, successful

25 Jun, 03 Sep, 10 weeks and 0 days, stament, successful

Still waiting (06/09/10)

24 Jun, jasonr3255 and chiang mai, have been waiting for 10 weeks and 4 days to date

28 Jun, TiggerFish and Skeets, have been waiting for 10 weeks and 0 days to date

06 Jul, Mercury and lonnie41, have been waiting for 8 weeks and 6 days to date

23 Jul, yumster, has been waiting for 6 weeks and 3 days to date

30 Jul, liveforever, has been waiting 5 weeks and 3 days to date

03 Aug, silverdales, has been waiting 4 weeks and 6 days to date

17 Aug, sonicdragon, has been waiting 2 weeks and 6 days to date

Good luck everyone !!!

well done to incy and stament and good luck to the four of you for the future in the uk, since we started this topic i believe that staments is the 1st one we have seen not come in order??? dont worry jason and cm im sure you be in next day or so,

To all the well wishers thanks for the good luck messages. Sorry I've not been back on the board, mad busy at work. Now I'd don't know when I'll be able to go out and collect them as so busy at work. Hopefully sometime over next 2 weeks! ;-)

Keep it the good work.

If you dont mind me asking - why would you have to fly to Thailand to pick up your Mrs? Is it advisable to do so regards entering immigration with a new visa?

Cheers

I'm just doing it for support, but I would be interested to know if I can be with my Mrs through passport control and if so if I have to go to the non-eu passport desks.

Cheers

I got a success too, we are chuffed to bits. Flights are booked, missus and daughter here in two weeks.

I would have posted earlier but worked have blocked access to this site.. Must be my recent activity , hehe.

Good luck everyone and thanks again for your support.

Nice one Incy, pleased for you. Best of luck for the future. You really do feel like you make friends on this thread as we're all in the same boat sharing the agonising wait and pleased when we here success stories as it gives you a boost ( and bit of confidence) yourself whilst you're waiting.

If you dont mind me asking - why would you have to fly to Thailand to pick up your Mrs? Is it advisable to do so regards entering immigration with a new visa?

Cheers

No you don't have to. I'm choosing to as it's going to be a struggle for her with her young son (3 years) plus she's never been out of the country before apart from a flying visa visit with me to Malaysia last year so I think she's not too confident. I'm happy to go over there as need a break now - the last week has been 7am until 9pm hours and I'm shattered. Next time she'll go and return on her own as she'll know the procedure, etc and have confidence as I can explain everything to her this time (show her the ropes as it were).

I've been looking at flights and BA are very competitive for one way at the moment. Adult and child all inclusive one way for THB47,845.00 checked this morning and good out to 24th September (furthest I checked).

Indirect could be cheaper but if we get our visa, it is easiest for mother and child to fly direct by themselves (both flown long haul a few times before) and they are already in Bangkok which I accept makes matters much easier as well.

I'd check BA for returns as well if you are so inclined. Best of luck.

Looks like they've finally updated the stats:

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/processingtimes

100% within 12 weeks (60 working days) and 67% within 6 weeks (30 working days). As mine was submitted on June 25th and result 3rd Sept, I'm assuming mine would be in the Sept stats as it must be the length of time working backwards when the result is known.

I have been checking direct flight reguarly in the hope that my Fiancee get her visa very soon. The cheapest direct one way flights are with with EVA Air at about 20,000.00 Baht.

Good luck

I think you'll find that is most likely before taxes. BA before taxes is 21k and around 27k after taxes are included.

I just got into my humble Travelodge hotel room in the UK and am knackered but had to check my email before some well earned sleep - low and behold an email from the embassy stating that documents have been dispatched, more news as to what the answer might be, after I sleep and speak with Mrs CM. Jason, did you get the nod?

Hello my wife has been waiting from the 25th June 2010, for her settlement visa

However this is her second application the first she got 2 years ago in 15 days .successful because of the helpful guide i followed from this site and the fact we had 4 ring binders packed with every last detail of our life.

we lived in England for the two years no problem, we submitted the F.L.R. application i didn't check the form i downloaded from the Internet and the payment went up a few days after i sent it off i used the old price , so they returned the whole application as void.

we could have re-submitted the application but would lose the right to appeal if there where any problems, so for one little but silly mistake on my behalf, we played safe( i hope )and my wife returned to Thailand to enter a new settlement visa app,

I don't know if anyone has ever done this before and i am worried what the immigration officer must think! its been the worst time of both our lives and the wait is not over yet

I normally check everything twice

post-53208-032032900 1283899977_thumb.jp

I just got into my humble Travelodge hotel room in the UK and am knackered but had to check my email before some well earned sleep - low and behold an email from the embassy stating that documents have been dispatched, more news as to what the answer might be, after I sleep and speak with Mrs CM. Jason, did you get the nod?

Just checked on line tracking and no news of dispatch to VFS as yet. Good Luck mate hope you get the clearance !