Ford Fiesta Prices Announced

Does anybody know if the New Fiesta back seats fold flat like the Jazz? I'm seriously considering a Fiesta after all the positive reviews and I am looking for a small economical car, but I need to transport a couple of bikes regularly, so before this I have been looking at the Jazz as it's perfect for this.

No they don't. The Fiesta seat-back folds down, but the seat squabs don't move, so it's not a 'flat' floor when folded down. It works similar to the lower model Yaris', except it's much deeper trunk area then Yaris.

Yes but if someone is trying to then convert it to Km/L and they are using the mpg from an american site but using their own gallon measurement, its likely to end up in a mixup.

A Fiesta 5 door top spec white has been ordered at 699k.

Exactly what I ordered back in May :) Let's see if they can keep their August delivery promise for mine..

I have been running a Ford Focus 2.0 litre sport, bought in Bangkok for the past 2.5 years. I am over the moon with it and I have never had a moments trouble from new. The performance is awesome and it also looks good. If the new Fiesta is anything like the same you have spent your money well.

Just out of interest I am working in China at the moment and I am amazed at just how many Focus's have been sold here. You see them everywhere.

Cheers, Rick

I don't agree on pricing as you explain. I brought a focus a few months back, and they quickly took 100K off the sticker price and still gave me all the "freebee's" and if the car is made here in thailand, no import tax, and cost here are so much cheaper..... price should be lower IMO

eh? We're talking about the Fiesta..

Hi are you shure those MPG figures are correct i just converted the 35 MPG for the Jaz to KPL and it comes out just a tad under 15 Km Per Ltr, not much more than a Pick up.

Regards

TB

These are the official EPA numbers from the USA - the only other market to have the powershift (DSG) version of the Fiesta so far. Reference Here

DSG sold in Europe. 73% sold with diesel engine.

DSG top spec diesel gets fantastic reviews.

DSG sold in Europe. 73% sold with diesel engine.

DSG top spec diesel gets fantastic reviews.

Maybe for Focus, yes, but not for Fiesta - The current model Fiesta's in Europe come with either a torque coverter 4-speed (1.4L only) or 5-speed MT (1.6L diesel and 1.6L petrol), but no 6-speed powershift yet, and no AT option at all for 1.6L engines of either type.

So far the only market that has 6-speed DSG in the Fiesta is North America. Thailand and it's export markets will be next (so TH, MY, PH, SG, AU, NZ and Middle-East). No info on when Ford Germany intends to release the DSG model though (it supplies all of Europe and for a very short time being, SG, AU and NZ)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Look's like the usual boring Jazz and Yaris s....t. Don't understand why every car have to look the same today (with that ugly rear to front falling sideline). CRV, Mazda 2, Jazz, Vios, Yaris, even that small new Benz (i think A someting) and Chevy SUV made in LOS. All have the same sidelines, similar faces and rear ends in a "plastic bomber" style. I think the designers run out of ideas. Each ones copies the others! It's time for e change, but i don't know how long have to wait.

Thanks for the info Moon.

A dealer from Chiang Mai phoned yesterday and emailed

some pics. He originally though the price was going to be

720 000 Baht. Looks as if Ford want to keep it below the

700 000 Baht mark.

The dealer in Chiang Mai seems to be a lot more enthusiastic

than the dealer here in Chiang Rai. He said they have a lot of

orders for the mid level model but only 2 for the top of the range

5 door which is the one we're after.

Said if you deposit 5000 Baht, can have by mid to late October.

Regards

Will

5000 bt deposit to order a 700,000bt car , don't you mean 50,000 bt ? That's got to be 1 nights spending money on the town, amazing how would 5k make someone commit to spending the rest?

If LOS Ford dealers are unable to sell this one, they have a serious problem. Price and product is perfect, dealerships and name established, get to work :)

Agreed, this car is an absolute gift to the Ford Thailand marketing manager, as it just sells itself.

Hi katabeachbum, are those prices considered good? Considering the cars are made in LOS I would have thought the bean counters could start with a sharp pencil! :rolleyes:

BSJ, 699K Baht for the top model is a very sharp price, whether you compare it locally against the competiton, or whether you compare it to relative prices abroad.

The Fiesta stands out with:

• Class leading power (121HP with 151Nm - closest is Jazz with 120HP and 145Nm but with much narrower torque band)
  • Class leading fuel economy (40MPG vs 35 for Jazz, 36 for Yaris)
  • Class leading NVH and handling (considered by most professional reviewers to rival C and even D class)
  • Class destroying transmission (6-speed DSG)
  • Class leading safety (Electronic Stability Program)
  • Class leading features (Voice control, USB, Bluetooth)

Is it me, or is it looking very much like a Mazda 2?

I think it's just because these newer models feature some common design traits (trapezoidal front, strong waistlines, wedge shape, cab forward etc). In the flesh they look very different.

Point taken. Down under it's usual for the competitors to discount their mid or late cycle cars to try and stop their sales slide when the opposition bring out a new one. With that spec sheet Mazda, Nissan and Toyota may have a few worries!

Thanks for the info Moon.

A dealer from Chiang Mai phoned yesterday and emailed

some pics. He originally though the price was going to be

720 000 Baht. Looks as if Ford want to keep it below the

700 000 Baht mark.

The dealer in Chiang Mai seems to be a lot more enthusiastic

than the dealer here in Chiang Rai. He said they have a lot of

orders for the mid level model but only 2 for the top of the range

5 door which is the one we're after.

Said if you deposit 5000 Baht, can have by mid to late October.

Regards

Will

5000 bt deposit to order a 700,000bt car , don't you mean 50,000 bt ? That's got to be 1 nights spending money on the town, amazing how would 5k make someone commit to spending the rest?

No mate,

A 5000 deposit is all they asked for.

Regards

Will

[

Focus in LOS is old, replaced in most other markets, and IMHO overpiced in LOS still without import duty. I looked at a Focus yesterday, 1.150.000 baht. Ad less than 100k and you get an Accord, Camry or Teana.

1,150,000???? I got mine for 810,000 in December.

My dealer needed only 1,000 Baht :)

I see you can still have any colour, unless its black,grey,silver or white (with one model exception).

Not very original IMO

That's only the base model - other models have more colors:

Chilli Orange, True Red, Phantom Blue (which is actually dark green), and Aurora Blue (which actually is blue)

1,150,000???? I got mine for 810,000 in December.

1.15M is the diesel powershift (DSG) model.

• 1 month later...

Hi Gangsters

They had the top of the range Sport

Powershift on dispaly today at the

Big C in Chiang Rai.

It was the chiili orange colour and I've

got to say, it's an impressive looking

motor.

Swarms of people looking through

it as well. I think it's gonna be a good

seller.

Regards

Will

MRO, I thought you said that sedan's were dangerous compared to SUV's & pick-up's and you ordered a new Fiesta? Or is for the wife?

Nice looking car, god price, good reviews, yes it will be a seller for sure.

That Farang on the picture looks very tall or is he standing on something?

MRO, I thought you said that sedan's were dangerous compared to SUV's & pick-up's and you ordered a new Fiesta? Or is for the wife?

That Farang on the picture looks very tall or is he standing on something? Just saw him in the red Fiesta, he is way too big for that car, he-he.

The Fiesta is strictly for around town use (replacing a Yaris), where it'll share the road with mostly B&C segment cars and a bazillion motorsai. The SUV is the car that gets the bigger intrerstate trips where the % of large vehicles on the road skyrockets..

And yes, the farang (Peter Fleet - President Ford ASEAN) is a big lad :)

I ordered mine in Phuket yesterday. Black 5-Door sport with delivery in October. All they wanted was a 2,000b deposit and the guy even said I'd get it back if I change my mind and it's ok to change color too as i was 60/40 between black and orange. To me the orange looked great in brochures but in the showroom it didn't have the shine I was expecting, maybe it looks better out in sunshine.

On Ford papers it says "1st class insurance Viriyah" 19,700b. Do you recommend taking insurance from them or is expensive?

EDIT: jap.gif First post after 3 years of lurking!

Edited by wuffe

On Ford papers it says "1st class insurance Viriyah" 19,700b. Do you recommend taking insurance from them or is expensive?

Sounds expensive (I'd expect 13-16K), but then again it's a new model for Thailand so difficult for the Actuaries to calculate.

I will be pushing to get it free for the first year - if that fails I'll then shop it around ;)

The Fiesta is strictly for around town use (replacing a Yaris), where it'll share the road with mostly B&C segment cars and a bazillion motorsai. The SUV is the car that gets the bigger intrerstate trips where the % of large vehicles on the road skyrockets..

And yes, the farang (Peter Fleet - President Ford ASEAN) is a big lad :)

MRO i am on the lookout for a new car for the wife, do you know if there will be a diesel Fiesta available in Thailand.

I like the 2.0 Diesel Focus but the cost is on par with my PS. Have you any thoughts on whare and how low i may be able to locate a diesel Focus. Do you think there may be a good deal available if there is a few left when the new version appears.

There's a review of the fiesta in the BP online at the moment. They said its pretty good, especially the gearbox handling and design. I was surprised that they said the jazz goes better at higher speeds though - they look similar on paper. However they didn't really rave about this new kid on the block, even though you will often see that in overseas reviews. That might just reflect the overall view of Ford in this country. This car, and the new focus should improve that perception.

BP journos have always had a heavy bias towards Honda.

One particular article they wrote a couple of years back was so incredibly biased towards a particular Honda model that I directly and publicly challenged the writer (IRL that is) - which resulted in a revised article with an entirely different conclusion..

Just seen this thread and read the prices and have to say i'm very pleasantly surprised. I assumed that as with the Focus, they would over-price it. They haven't. It should sell very well, even taking into account the undesirable badge - as it is perceived by most Thai customers.

Depreciation i don't think will be too bad. Perhaps not as good as the Jazz, but nowhere near as bad as the Focus. Small cars in general, regardless of make, hold their value well.

Look forward to hearing the comments of those who are buying. Happy motoring.

MRO i am on the lookout for a new car for the wife, do you know if there will be a diesel Fiesta available in Thailand.

I like the 2.0 Diesel Focus but the cost is on par with my PS. Have you any thoughts on whare and how low i may be able to locate a diesel Focus. Do you think there may be a good deal available if there is a few left when the new version appears.

We all want the diesel Fiesta!.. But unfortunately Ford have already publicly stated that there's no plans to release it in Thailand :( That may change in the future of course, with Honda releasing the Hybrid Jazz next year, and Mitsubishi releasing their Hybrid eco-car in 2012.. Both of which the Fiesta eco-netic will still blow out of the water for economy (Baht/km), I wouldn't write it off as an impossibility (but no way will it happen soon).

You ask a bout a diesel Focus - well, they're readily available here already - perhaps that was a typo? :)

As for good deals at the turn of the new model Focus - perhaps 0% interest and some more freebies, but no way will there be a discounted price run-out or some-such, as that's just a guaranteed way to kill your brand value in Thai minds (which is why no manufacturer here ever publicly discounts).

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

We all want the diesel Fiesta!.. But unfortunately Ford have already publicly stated that there's no plans to release it in Thailand :( That may change in the future of course, with Honda releasing the Hybrid Jazz next year, and Mitsubishi releasing their Hybrid eco-car in 2012.. Both of which the Fiesta eco-netic will still blow out of the water for economy (Baht/km), I wouldn't write it off as an impossibility (but no way will it happen soon).

You ask a bout a diesel Focus - well, they're readily available here already - perhaps that was a typo? :)

As for good deals at the turn of the new model Focus - perhaps 0% interest and some more freebies, but no way will there be a discounted price run-out or some-such, as that's just a guaranteed way to kill your brand value in Thai minds (which is why no manufacturer here ever publicly discounts).

No typo i am aware the Focus is available, only problem they retail at 1,149.000 Baht, this is more than i wish to pay for a small car. If i could locate one new 2010 model with a big discount i would be interested to purchase