Paul The Octopus

ManOnTheRoad

<br>
<br>
<br>Paul already predicted the finals result, a win for The Netherlands.<br><br>So yes, I believe him.<br>
<br><br>Sorry, but you have to wait a bit longer for that. Paul will draw the winner of the third place match later today (4 pm or so) and after that the winner of the final - not sure whether this will be today or tomorrow.<br>
<br><br>For the 3rd place match (what's the point of this?) I expect a bunch of bench warmers to get a run-out.<br>
<br>Ermm????? to get 3rd place! That's like saying what's the point of getting a bronze medal in the Olympics. 3rd is better than 4th and it was a pretty good match with the passion it deserves.<br><br>

The big squid is German. You expected him to predict the Dutch to win? Red card!

Ahem, Paul is English - born at Sea Life Park in Weymouth but went to Germany a few years ago in part exchange for Owen Hargreaves. Looks like the Germans got the better deal than Man Utd in that one.

Paul is English? You don't say? Well, that's grand that an English subject, invertebrate though he may be, can find some small way to connect England to this World Cup. Bully for you.

I don't think octopus recognize nationalities, boarders or passports. To them your either an octopus or your not! I've been trying to explain nationality to my British Bulldog for years and I've finally come to the conclusion he doesn't understand a f@kin word I say?

Paul already predicted the finals result, a win for The Netherlands.

So yes, I believe him.

My Thai wife says the real Paul the Octopus from the Zoo in Oberhausen in Germany predicted that Spain was going to win the final.

A smaller less famous specimen somewhere in the Netherlands predicted that the Netherlands were going to win the final.

Suddenly there appear to be more than a handful of gifted animals.

The big squid is German. You expected him to predict the Dutch to win? Red card!

Ahem, Paul is English - born at Sea Life Park in Weymouth but went to Germany a few years ago in part exchange for Owen Hargreaves. Looks like the Germans got the better deal than Man Utd in that one.

Paul is English? You don't say? Well, that's grand that an English subject, invertebrate though he may be, can find some small way to connect England to this World Cup. Bully for you.

You think it is only Paul that is the English influence over this world cup. The referee and his team are English and if you take a look at Webb, the referee, it is pretty obvious he was an octopus in a previous life.

BTW I don't think Octopi have ears.

Let's keep this Thailand related shall we. As Lin Ping, the Chiang Mai panda cub has also gone for Spain.

Anything an octopus can do, so can a panda. ( Although I think she may just have copied Paul's result.)

30133507-01.jpg

Thanks for posting...and I do agree with your post as well....

The Panda is so cute.

:rolleyes:....tell me about it.......

Panda's do make mistakes though, like the one in the picture; they probably put the odour of even the Bamboo-leaves on/inside the -photo shopped- cake (is it a cake ?).

LaoPo :lol:

Paul already predicted the finals result, a win for The Netherlands.

So yes, I believe him.

Sorry, but you have to wait a bit longer for that. Paul will draw the winner of the third place match later today (4 pm or so) and after that the winner of the final - not sure whether this will be today or tomorrow.

For the 3rd place match (what's the point of this?) I expect a bunch of bench warmers to get a run-out.

Yes, the victory spirit of the players for the 3rd place position is negative since they have not as yet recovered from the previous lost game and they enter the pitch as losers, no doubt they want to go home, the German team fielded five "B" players for this game.

FIFA should reconsider whether the 3rd place position should continue to be determined by a full game, or by the teams goal scoring position in the competition, as is the case in the English league (and in other countries) were promotion and demotion of the appropriate teams is decided by their goal scoring position, What about Sepp B.

Didn't think it worthy of a new thread but funny (sad)  :lol:

WHO SAID FOOTBALLERSAREN'T INTELLIGENT?

>

> " My parents have always been there for me, ever since Iwas about 7. "

> David Beckham

>

> "I would not be bothered if we lost every game as long as we won the League."

> Mark Viduka

>

> "Alex Ferguson is the best manager I've ever had at this level. Well,  he's the only manager I've actually had atthis level. But he's the best  managerI've ever had."

> David Beckham

>

> "If you don't believe you can win, there is no point in getting outof  bed at the end of the day."

> Neville Southall

>

> "I've had 14 bookings this season - 8 of which were my fault, but 7of  which were disputable."

> Paul Gascoigne

>

> "I've never wanted to leave. I'm here for the rest of my life, and  hopefully after that as well."

> Alan Shearer

>

> "I'd like to play for an Italian club, like Barcelona "

> Mark Draper

>

> "You've got to believe that you're going to win, and I believe we'llwin  the World Cup until the final whistleblows and we're knocked out."

> Peter Shilton

>

> "I faxed a transfer request to the club at the beginning of the week,  but let me state that I don't want to leaveLeicester "

> Stan Collymore

>

> "I was watching the Blackburn game on TV on Sunday when it flashed on the screen that George (Ndah) had scored in the first minute at Birmingham . My first reaction was to ring him up. Then I remembered he was out there playing."

> Ade Akinbiyi

>

> "Without being too harsh on David Beckham, he cost us thematch."

> Ian Wright

>

> "I'm as happy as I can be - but I have been happier."

> Ugo Ehiogu

>

> " Leeds is a great club and it's been my home for years, even thoughI  live in Middlesborough."

> Jonathan Woodgate

>

> "I can see the carrot at the end of the tunnel."

> Stuart Pearce

>

> "I took a whack on my left ankle, but something told me it was my right."

> Lee Hendrie

>

> "I couldn't settle in Italy - it was like living in a foreigncountry."

> Ian Rush

>

> " Germany are a very difficult team to play...they had 11internationals  out there today."

> Steve Lomas

>

> "I always used to put my right boot on first, and then obviously my right sock."

> Barry Venison

>

> "I definitely want Brooklyn to be christened, but I don't know intowhat  religion yet."

> David Beckham

>

> "The Brazilians were South American, and the Ukrainians will be more  European."

> Phil Neville

>

> "All that remains is for a few dots and commas to be crossed."

> Mitchell Thomas

>

> "One accusation you can't throw at me is that I've always done mybest."

> Alan Shearer

>

> "I'd rather play in front of a full house than an empty crowd."

> Johnny Giles

>

> "Sometimes in football you have to score goals."

> Thierry Henry

Let's keep this Thailand related shall we. As Lin Ping, the Chiang Mai panda cub has also gone for Spain.

Anything an octopus can do, so can a panda. ( Although I think she may just have copied Paul's result.)

30133507-01.jpg

The Panda is so cute.

Imagine what the panda and the octopus could predict if they worked together!

Every picture I've seen of Paul 'picking' his World Cup winners, has show him gripping onto the block on the (our) right side. Seems he just likes that side, hence some 'expert' puts the likely victor there!!! Not so much an Oracle as an Octopus of habit I'd say!!!:jap:

30133507-01.jpg

The Panda is so cute.

Imagine what the panda and the octopus could predict if they worked together!

... a very weird baby!!!

:D