Fibreglass Pools

TigertheCat

Thinking about a pool,fibreglass is faster to install but are they as good as cement pools.<br>I have heard they are about the same cost also but this from a business that installs traditional cement pools.<br>Any advice would be appreciated.<br>I tried contacting Splash Pools loads of times but could never get through via phone or email.<br>

I understand one of the main disadvantages of fibreglass pools is that they must be kept full of water otherwise they can lift in the ground. I guess this would depend on method of installation and soil conditions.

• 5 months later...
<br />I understand one of the main disadvantages of fibreglass pools is that they must be kept full of water otherwise they can lift in the ground. I guess this would depend on method of installation and soil conditions.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

No Fibreglass pool will pop out of the ground when emptied if you install it correctly, and you can always put a static valve in for extra safety

I have a fiberglass pool in the U.S. It is very difficult to keep the algae away. More importantly the walls turn light brown very easily. It takes and expensive chemical to bleach it out again. I grew up with a cement pool and never experienced these problems. Maybe just my bad luck.

I understand one of the main disadvantages of fibreglass pools is that they must be kept full of water otherwise they can lift in the ground. I guess this would depend on method of installation and soil conditions.

I think that if your hole goes into the water table it can lift it. :huh: