Howard Webb

macanello

Nothing against the guy and I am 100 percent behind his decisions this evening but can u see him doing the same in the premiership

He was told what to do and as an ex ref I hate that. 13 yellow and one red??????????????????????????????

I'm with the ref here as the Dutch team could hardly have been more cynical especially first half.....he tried to let the game flow between two supposedly attacking sides.

Poor management from Holland cost them the World Cup imo.

You cannot have any sympathy for the Dutch. Van Bommel again got away with murder and De Jong as well. Both should have been red carded. Not a great game for Howard Webb. He was not helped by the Dutch especially. :realangry:

I am not sure what he could have done differently other than perhaps send off either van Bommel or de Jong to really send out a clear message. You might want to argue about two or so of the cards but all the others were absolutely justified.

I only watched the first half and the only card that maybe shouldnt have been issued was the one to the Spanish right back just after he'd booked 3 others for cynical fouls ... pity the Dutch thought theyd be better off kicking Spain off the park to get a result.

They didn't leave the ref much option. If it was in the premier league, he'd be slaughtered for only giving one red - the Dutch could have had a couple off by half-time. Despite the total count, I thought he took a more commonsensical kind of approach to brandishing the cards than you usually find nowadays. Certainly in terms of red. <br>

De Jong kung &lt;deleted&gt; kick reminds me of Diego Maradona kung &lt;deleted&gt; kick long time ago in a world cup match

Must admit I was surprised with De Jong last night. I'm a City fan and really rate him but I think he let himself down last night.

I dare say Webb made a couple of minor judgement errors, don't they all..

But otherwise he handled an exceptionally difficult match very well. The Dutch have criticised him for handing out too many cards, the Spanish for not handing out enough!!!

It's been a truly rubbish World Cup for England.

De Jong kung &lt;deleted&gt; kick reminds me of Diego Maradona kung &lt;deleted&gt; kick long time ago in a world cup match

Must admit I was surprised with De Jong last night. I'm a City fan and really rate him but I think he let himself down last night.

This has nothing to do with Fair Play, Jongs license should be cancelled for 1 year

This has nothing to do with Fair Play, Jongs license should be cancelled for 1 year

I understand why he's coming in for criticism but he was only palying the way the rest of the team did and that is the fault of the manager imo. If there is a ban then that's where it should be aimed.

Was it not actually 14 yellow cards shown ?, 9 to Holland and 5 to Spain, the two yellow that were shown to Johnny Heitinga then became a red for his second booking of the match.

Could be a quiz question for the future and catch a few out.

He did not start brandishing cards for quite some time into the game, he let a lot go after talking to the players concerned I think.

I do not think he had much choice in showing as many as he did, in fact he could easily have shown more reds and the final would have been a farce

Give over man. He got punished on the pitch and even he admits he was lucky not to get a red but that is the end of the episode.

What license are you talking about??

Drivers license?

Pub License?

Marriage License?

Drivers license?

Pub License?

Marriage License?

Probably 'License to Kill'

Drivers license?

Pub License?

Marriage License?

Kungfu and karate Black belt licence.