A Tiger In Your Tank, Things Go Better With Shell ?

up2you2

Today I went to a Shell petrol station for some 91 grade petrol.

Mai bloody mee, in lieu they offered me a substitute fuel made up with fruit and vegetables.

When I did eventually find some of the genuine kosher stuff at Esso it was more expensive than the 95 grade !

If I want to put a smoothie into my tank I can easily go to a market garden.

So what's the true SP on all of this nonsense, as the Thai government would be the last source that would confirm that after a few years your engine simply seizes up.

Almost all 95 available now is E10 (with the fruit and veg). Real gasoline is mostly only available as 91 and even that is being gradually replaced by 91 E10.

If your engine is capable (most modern ones are) give the fruit salad a try, could save money :)

Almost all 95 available now is E10 (with the fruit and veg). Real gasoline is mostly only available as 91 and even that is being gradually replaced by 91 E10.

If your engine is capable (most modern ones are) give the fruit salad a try, could save money :)

And remember it could help as part of your "five a day" :lol:

The "tiger in your tank" was Esso, not Shell.  :)

I've been using gasahol for going on 30 years now with nary a problem.  It has a little less oomph, but other than that, it works the same.

It's only in the past month that Shell phased out their V-Power 95 Gasoline (Benzene) - Though quite why it is referred to as Benzene I don't know, the amount of Benzene in legal Gasoline here in Thailand is minute.

I've switched to the Shell V-Power 95 Gasohol and I find it very acceptable, not quite the umph or fuel economy of the V-Power Gasoline but near enough as makes no difference.

Yesterday I filled up with Caltex 95 Gasohol and there has been a marked decrease in power and fuel economy - It's nearly as bad as the crap sold at PTT stations.

For those who remember - Up until a couple of years back TPI used to sell a 97 Gasoline - Now that did make a difference, and was a favourite fill of many a Harley or Vintage Car owner.