Paraglider Accident

very random post....

who tried to repair his flying engine in his gerage,

random, why?

a) Who has a garage in Samui ? ... ( Car Port maybe )

B) Who has a ' Flying Engine ' in Samui ( or even ParaGlider if that is what you are refering to )

c) How can you have an accident with a ' Flying Engine ' in a Garage .....

can you be a bit more clearer? other wise BigC will start to comment and then this post will get confusing :whistling:

There is a regular motorized parasailer that flies over Phangan, that may be the guy. don't know anything about it but I do know that there used to be two of them and the other one died a couple of years ago when he hit an electric line (if I recall the story correctly)

Soory boater, it was in baan tai, KPG, not Samui, and as he repaired his propeller from his engine, the blade went somehow in his head and he died, must have happend a day or two ago.

Edited by frankman

Soory boater, it was in baan tai, KPG, not Samui, and as he repaired his propeller from his engine, the blade went somehow in his head and he died, must have happend a day or two ago.

:shock1::shock1::shock1::shock1::shock1::shock1:

If the accident was in his "gerage", than he should have switched off the motor first. Those propellers can be nasty. If the accident occured whilst flying, really don't have much simpathy. It's a dangerous sport... Up in the air with a lawn mower engine, for heavens sake! :blink:

If the accident was in his "gerage", than he should have switched off the motor first. Those propellers can be nasty. If the accident occured whilst flying, really don't have much simpathy. It's a dangerous sport... Up in the air with a lawn mower engine, for heavens sake! :blink:

B) Yes I always preferred those rotary push lawn mowers.

B) Yes I always preferred those rotary push lawn mowers.

A lot less bovver with a hovver!!!:rolleyes:

Heard it happend in his gerage.

May be schould have put the cage over the lawn mower's engine.  :unsure:

May be schould have put the cage over the lawn mower's engine. :unsure:

OK , found out now,

swedish guy in baan tai,

and yes IN the gerage fixing the engine.

12 yeas on KPG.

Sad !

RIP

P.S.

think this one should be closed now.

Edited by frankman

very random post....

who tried to repair his flying engine in his gerage,

random, why?

a) Who has a garage in Samui ? ... ( Car Port maybe )

B) Who has a ' Flying Engine ' in Samui ( or even ParaGlider if that is what you are refering to )

c) How can you have an accident with a ' Flying Engine ' in a Garage .....

can you be a bit more clearer? other wise BigC will start to comment and then this post will get confusing :whistling:

too late the corrector is here. maybe he meant he flew into a garage but i am confussed also. unless he had the worlds most biggest garage. that is something worth looking at. good tourist attraction other than the bars

May be schould have put the cage over the lawn mower's engine.   :unsure:

OK , found out now,

swedish guy in baan tai,

and yes IN the gerage fixing the engine.

12 yeas on KPG.

Sad !

RIP

P.S.

think this one should be closed now.

12 years old KPG. ? RIP? think u might be digging up the past. he was probably in peace then someone picks out that randoms story 12 years later. i herd a back backer died 20 years ago in samui. R.I.P

Really, it seems pretty obvious to me and yet some jokers think its funny. I am sure his family and friends would be less amused. Try to have some consideration when posting.

We used to watch him fly by all the time, he clearly loved it. Condolences to his family and loved ones.

Really, it seems pretty obvious to me and yet some jokers think its funny. I am sure his family and friends would be less amused. Try to have some consideration when posting.

We used to watch him fly by all the time, he clearly loved it. Condolences to his family and loved ones.

that looks fun. i might be up for a bit of that. where can i learn

not sure if it is the same fellow, but a few years back we hired a paraglider to take aerial photos of our house.

hope for his sake it wasn't. at least he went doing something he enjoyed.

Big C, you might want to start another thread about that. We are talking about someone passing away here.

Somewhere out there, is a village which has lost an xxxxxx

Sorry, I was referring to the insensitivity of Big C.

the fellow how died was a friend of mine..!! he was testing his engine in front of his house..! my friend David near his house only heared a loud bang,after thge engine run full on...?! nobody actualy saw directtly how it happened...! they found him with the blade in his Head (brain).... ! its very tragic.. something went very wrong....! i always said, Paramotor can bve very dangerous..!!! because its not only the flying part.,its also extremly importent to now how to take care of the engine,and handel it safely..!!!

I meet Soltan 50, from Sweden 3 jears ago in Koh Phangan...! he watched me flying around the island,and one day he meet me and asked me to sell him the engine.,but i told him he has to learn it prroberly.!

and it not so easy how it looks..!!! but he insisted that he want to start to fly NOW...!!!

he bought a engine from Pattaya and started to learn to fly..! he had one of the best Paraglider instructor he could find..! my friend Sebastian Bourquin from Geneve. a ViceWorld Champion in paragliding.!

so after a while he started to fly quite good around the island....! but when Sebastian went back to Nepal, Soltan keept flying around without his teacher....wich made me worry....!

But he would not listen.....????

so the tragic thing is that he not even was flying......it happened at home..???

R.I.P. SOLTAN

k

p.s. the pictures are from me flying in koh phangan...;-)

i was already 10 jears ago flying paramotor in Samui and Phangan, and Fly since 1984 Paragliders and since 1998 paramotor... without ever hurting myself.. accident-free.. nocknocknock......:whistling:

wish you all the best.; Daniel.A. Meiringen,Switzerland

the fellow how died was a friend of mine..!! he was testing his engine in front of his house..!  my friend David near his house only heared a loud bang,after thge engine run full on...?! nobody actualy saw directtly how  it happened...! they found him with the blade in his Head (brain)....  !  its very tragic.. something went very wrong....! i always said, Paramotor can bve very dangerous..!!! because its not only the flying part.,its also extremly importent to now how to take care of the engine,and handel it safely..!!!   

I meet Soltan 50, from Sweden 3 jears ago in Koh Phangan...! he watched me flying around the island,and one day he meet me and asked me to sell him the engine.,but i told him he has to learn it prroberly.!

and it not so easy how it looks..!!! but he insisted that he want to start to fly NOW...!!!

he bought a engine from Pattaya and started to learn to fly..! he had one of the best Paraglider instructor he could find..! my friend Sebastian Bourquin from Geneve. a ViceWorld Champion in paragliding.!

so after a while he started to fly quite good around the island....! but when Sebastian went back to Nepal,  Soltan keept flying around without his teacher....wich made me worry....!

But he would not listen.....????

so the tragic thing is that he not even was flying......it happened at home..???

R.I.P. SOLTAN

k

i was already 10 jears ago flying paramotor in Samui and Phangan, and Fly since 1984 Paragliders and since 1998 paramotor...   without ever hurting myself..  accident-free.. nocknocknock......:whistling:

wish you all the best.; Daniel.A. Meiringen,Switzerland

Thanks for the info Daniel .

I am very sorry for your loss !

HELLO JOSE, THANKS FOR POSTING MY FLYING PICS....ITS IN BAN TAI PHANGAN..! RIGHT.?

I'M STILL ALIVE... AND FINE...! BUT SHOCKED ABOUT MY FRIEND SOLTAN 50,(SW)

HE NEVER WANTED TO LISTEN TO ME OR MY FRIENDS...... I WAS ALWAYS AFRAYD THAT HE GONE CRASH ONE DAY..! BUT NOW IT HAPPENED SO STUPID..BY TESTING THE ENGINE AT HOME.......BANG..!!! AND BYEBYE...;-( HOW THE fuc_k HE HOLDET THE ENGINE..?????? I JUST CANT BELIVE IT... HE PROBABLY MADE SOMETHING VERY WRONG!!?? MAYBE HE WAS LIKE (ALWAYS) VERY STONED..??? WELL HE WILL NEVER GONE TELL US....??!!!

IM SO UNHAPPY BECAUSE I WAS THE FIRST GUY FLYING IN PHANGAN., AND THIS MAKES IT LOOK DANGEROUS FOR OTHERS..!! BUT ITS NOT..!!

ONLY THE PILOT IS DANGEROUS..,IF HE NOT FOLLOWS THE INSTRUCTIONS HE LEARNED..!!!!

THERE ARE NO OLD PILOTS, BUT BOLD PILOTS..!!! HEHE :rolleyes:

BYEBYE..AND GRACIAS

DANIEL.ANDEREGG BERNER OBERLAND,SCHWEIZ

5mZpA.jpg

t06Bc.jpg

ID3B4.jpg

yTxI6.jpg

RIP Icarus.

I'm sorry - I thought that was Soltan. I'm very glad to hear that you are alive and well.

I've heard a rumour that Soltan's prop blade had broken, and that he glued it back into place before re-starting the engine without the prop safety cover.

Daniel, your pics were taken early morning at Bantai about 100m from Rung Arun.

To an amateur observer like me, it seemed at the time that you had a scary moment when you swung like a pendulum after take off. :o

jose '-)

• 2 weeks later...

There is a regular motorized parasailer that flies over Phangan, that may be the guy. don't know anything about it but I do know that there used to be two of them and the other one died a couple of years ago when he hit an electric line (if I recall the story correctly)

yea not sure where the man was from,, but he use to move his paraglider in a side car of a motor bike...a few days ago my thai neighbor told me of a horrific accident where this mans head went into the blade....my he rip