Looking To Rent Flat/House In Pattaya

goin2thailand

hi can anyone reccomend me a site that has good value apartments available for rent in pattaya, around 12000 baht per month?It would need internet connection!!thats about it,dosnt have to be slap bang in the middle, im open to all areasps whats the minimum contract likely to be?

Can recommend the East Coast agency in Jomtien, ask for David Gray.

im Looking for a guest house or condo to rent for my 16 day stay in Pattaya it seems the Thais still want silly money are there any Thai busineses with any common sense? if theres no customers surely its not good to increase the rental prices? wouldnt it be better to keep the prices down in order to attract customers?

it seems the thai mentality for business is flawed or am i thinking wrong after running my own businese in the uk for the last 20 years and being sucesfull if i took the Thai way im sure i would be bankrupt many times over.

i just want to find somewhere reasonably priced and i think 5,000 for 2 weeks is just that, if anyone agrees with me or disagrees i would like to know.

Can recommend the East Coast agency in Jomtien, ask for David Gray.

im Looking for a guest house or condo to rent for my 16 day stay in Pattaya it seems the Thais still want silly money are there any Thai busineses with any common sense? if theres no customers surely its not good to increase the rental prices? wouldnt it be better to keep the prices down in order to attract customers?

it seems the thai mentality for business is flawed or am i thinking wrong after running my own businese in the uk for the last 20 years and being sucesfull if i took the Thai way im sure i would be bankrupt many times over.

i just want to find somewhere reasonably priced and i think 5,000 for 2 weeks is just that, if anyone agrees with me or disagrees i would like to know.

Clearly a joker.... you've been running a "successful business" for 20 years, but you can only afford £7 per day for your accommodation over two weeks.

I holiday here for 2 months out of 3 fella so i know what the real cost here, and i retired here when i was 40.

WHAT GIVES YOU THE RIGHT TO JUDGE ME JUST BECAUSE YOU WASTE YOUR MONEY DOESNT MEAN WE ALL HAVE TO!.

further more i think its my choice what i want to pay as for the likes of you if you cant offer something constructive why bother at all?.

I holiday here for 2 months out of 3 fella so i know what the real cost here, and i retired here when i was 40.

WHAT GIVES YOU THE RIGHT TO JUDGE ME JUST BECAUSE YOU WASTE YOUR MONEY DOESNT MEAN WE ALL HAVE TO!.

further more i think its my choice what i want to pay as for the likes of you if you cant offer something constructive why bother at all?.

What gives me the right? This rubbish that you posted does so:

im Looking for a guest house or condo to rent for my 16 day stay in Pattaya it seems the Thais still want silly money..

You mean that they want more than £7 per day for their accommodation??

Of course it is your choice what you choose to pay, but if you choose to post it here you cannot complain if the comment is not favourable to your argument. :)

After all, you are 'judging' the 'Thais'.

Just for your information, I retired from work a lot earlier than you and spend more than half the year travelling the world. Maybe we have differing ideas of "successful".

Since you write

so i know what the real cost here
and profess yourself to be knowledgeable about Thailand, maybe you can advise us on good quality places to stay in Pattaya for between 300 and 350 baht baht per night on a short term basis. I have a feeling you are good at 'placing your foot in your mouth'.

What kind of "successful businessman" would subject himself to such a low quality of accommodation?

I think you will do better to check post boards at condo offices and some of the grocery stores. Dealing direct with owners will get you the best rate as you will not be paying a middle man. Given the current state of the economy you should be able to get something at that price. This board is full people who think they are cool because they pay to much for things. Don't let them get to you.

The guy is fairly new on here and you lot act like hyenas,give the guy a break and if you cannot help shut your gobs and stop acting alike middle class ponces.

Fairly new?? Joined:2004-05-12 Not only that, but he claims to be a "successful businessman" and to "know the prices". So why is here here asking??

Of course, he is just full of it and you are eating it.

I think you will do better to check post boards at condo offices and some of the grocery stores. Dealing direct with owners will get you the best rate as you will not be paying a middle man. Given the current state of the economy you should be able to get something at that price. This board is full people who think they are cool because they pay to much for things. Don't let them get to you.

How about you actually post some details of this 350 baht per day short term accommodation?

I think it would have been better if this character had started his own thread, instead of hijacking the thread.

How about you actually post some details of this 350 baht per day short term accommodation?

I think it would have been better if this character had started his own thread, instead of hijacking the thread.

The Sawasdee chain of hotels has sub 500 baht rooms for short stays. If you are staying for 16 days deals will be made.

Please stop all the bickering and off topic posts. As a reminder the topic is:

Looking To Rent Flat/House In Pattaya 12,000 bth or thereabouts

Sawasdee has rooms for 385 a night including breakfast and then a stay 4 nights pay for 3 promotion. Mission accomplished I feel like Captain Kirk.

Have you actually visited said establishment? It is squalid.

Said "establishments" they have five hotels in Pattaya. Stay at the Amari or the Royal Cliff if you have the money. If this guy wants to stay cheap let him. I stayed at the Worburi in Bangkok and it was fine. I have an apartment in Pattaya so I don't stay in hotels here.

Sawasdee has rooms for 385 a night including breakfast and then a stay 4 nights pay for 3 promotion. Mission accomplished I feel like Captain Kirk.

Have you actually visited said establishment? It is squalid.

Said "establishments" they have five hotels in Pattaya. Stay at the Amari or the Royal Cliff if you have the money. If this guy wants to stay cheap let him. I stayed at the Worburi in Bangkok and it was fine. I have an apartment in Pattaya so I don't stay in hotels here.

They may have five hotels, but only one of them offers the room price that you quote. It's a Sawadee Mansion Fan room in Soi Honey Inn. It's clear that you have never visited the place. :)

I took a lost Russian couple to this place they had booked sight unseen. I almost apologised to them when they asked me if that was the place that they booked.

I'm sure you are being silly when you mention the Amari, as if that is the only alternative to Sawasdee Mansion. :)

I too stayed at the Woraburi maybe ten years ago...there's still a difference between this and Sawadee Mansion.

Hopefully you've learned something from this....don't recommend something of which you know nothing. This is the kind of place bar girls will rent by the day because they can't afford to pay a month's rent on an apartment in advance.

Check the High Five guest house on Pattaya Klang. They are 500 baht per night. If you stay a long time they might make a deal. i recommend this to friends when they come from out of town and want lower end. It is across from the Century Hotel rooms are clean and new. Soi Bukhao has many rooms availabe around this price (350-500) simply walk and check them out. I would stay in one of these places for a few nights and then find a condo owner to make you a deal for the remaining two weeks. 10,000 Baht a month can be found so 5,000 for half that time is possible. You will probably pay for electric at this price. Ju-jitsu is right in that it would be a mistake to book without first looking. Hotel room quality can very greatly even within the same hotel so alway a good idea to look before you leap. good luck.

sounds like a classic argument which can only be resolved by handbags at dawn......

What gives me the right? This rubbish that you posted does so:

im Looking for a guest house or condo to rent for my 16 day stay in Pattaya it seems the Thais still want silly money..

You mean that they want more than £7 per day for their accommodation??

Of course it is your choice what you choose to pay, but if you choose to post it here you cannot complain if the comment is not favourable to your argument. :)

After all, you are 'judging' the 'Thais'.

Just for your information, I retired from work a lot earlier than you and spend more than half the year travelling the world. Maybe we have differing ideas of "successful".

Since you write

so i know what the real cost here
and profess yourself to be knowledgeable about Thailand, maybe you can advise us on good quality places to stay in Pattaya for between 300 and 350 baht baht per night on a short term basis. I have a feeling you are good at 'placing your foot in your mouth'.

What kind of "successful businessman" would subject himself to such a low quality of accommodation?

WELL SAID!

Plenty of cheap places around Soi Buakhao. My room is 5000 a month. AC, cable tv, hot water shower. Not flash though.

WELL SAID!

Plenty of cheap places around Soi Buakhao. My room is 5000 a month. AC, cable tv, hot water shower. Not flash though.

I think you may be missing the point. I have acquaintances staying long term in rooms for as little as 3500 baht per month. But they don't claim to be successful retired businessmen and in turn slag off Thai people for not acceding to his 'generous' offer of 5000 baht for 14 days. :)

In fact there are well placed accommodations available at that price point, but why the " successful businessman/'Clueless Thai/I know Thaialnd' " crap? Understand?

If he hadn't have posted such nonsense, I would have posted some personal recommendations. But after his posts..... I wouldn't wish to inflict such a customer on them.

Maybe he should try Sawasdee Mansion(now Sawadee Sunshine :) ) after all.

I have stayed in Sawadee Mansion and I find it fine for short stays. Last time in Pattaya I was condo hunting and was out all day, and eating out and drinking in evening so hardly there. I could afford a nicer place but it is clean and comfortable and quiet and the bed is comfy. That is all I need if I am alone so I don't see the point to spend more. I would rather spend more eating out or shopping. I would not stay in a fan room with no window though, that would be depressing for me. If I am staying longer I prefer a more luxurious place.

Im not here to get into a slanging match with imature people who obviously seem to know it all,

havnt really been to pattaya since i owned a property there back in 2003, to my ignorance things mustve changed a lot.

As we used to say in the forces opinions are like <deleted> everyones got one.

Thanks for the helpfull info Pol pat.

But as Ju jitsu said the (joker :-)), as found a couple of plces which look good for the price i wish to pay.

Well said Jay1980 who wants to pay so much for somewhere just to get your head down? id rather spend my hard earned on eating out and enjoying myself.

I knew there must be somewhere reasonably priced as ive been staying in a great Lana style place in Chaing mai for the last 6 weeks 15,000 with pool and breakfast, so it seems these places still exist.

If anyone wants anymore info on this place dont hesitate to pm me after all i thought this forum was here to help others not hinder them, and id much rather do that than slag others off just because they have a different view on things.

Edited by Aikido

Im not here to get into a slanging match with imature people who obviously seem to know it all,

havnt really been to pattaya since i owned a property there back in 2003, to my ignorance things mustve changed a lot.

As we used to say in the forces opinions are like <deleted> everyones got one.

Thanks for the helpfull info Pol pat.

But as Ju jitsu said the (joker :-)), as found a couple of plces which look good for the price i wish to pay.

Well said Jay1980 who wants to pay so much for somewhere just to get your head down? id rather spend my hard earned on eating out and enjoying myself.

I knew there must be somewhere reasonably priced as ive been staying in a great Lana style place in Chaing mai for the last 6 weeks 15,000 with pool and breakfast, so it seems these places still exist.

If anyone wants anymore info on this place dont hesitate to pm me after all i thought this forum was here to help others not hinder them, and id much rather do that than slag others off just because they have a different view on things.

You are being ironic. You should learn to spell 'immature' if you would like to use it. Don't forget that you were the "successful businessman who claimed the Thais were incompetent and knew the prices...."

Maybe if you'd posted with a different attitude(and maybe started your own thread) you would have received a bit more help.

Chiang Mai is not Pattaya. I'm pretty sure that you won't be staying in a "a great Lana(sic) style place" in Pattaya for the same money, Mr "Know the prices" "I holiday here for 2 months out of 3 fella so i know what the real cost here, and i retired here when i was 40." :whistling:

As I wrote, it is your attitude, not your budget that was the problem.

As it is I could have directed you to a beach road property with a pool for for a little over your budget. But since you've found some places that look good within your budget, maybe you can share them with other members who are in a similar situation.

As to the last sentence of your post....I guess you weren't thinking that when you were slagging of the Thai people. :)

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu

Only speaking from my experience of thai business people is all, but as you seem to know so much why not offer good advice instead of been negative?

your obviously an antoagonistic sort so good luck with your negative attitude im sure youll need it.

As you said you retired before me and are obviously more sucessful in everyway you should consider changing you name to Black cat as im sure if i had one yours would have to be blacker!