Brit Arrested Over Ridiculous “Putter” Theft Case In Pattaya

Rimmer

Brit Arrested over Ridiculous “Putter” Theft Case in Pattaya

PATTAYA: -- A British national has been arrested on Monday after attempting to steal a golf club (putter) from a sports store in Pattaya’s Central Festival Department Store.

At the scene, in front of the Super Sport Store in Central Festival, officers discovered the offender, Mr. Christian Clarke [34] a British national, being detained by center security guards. Mr. Clarke was in possession of a Titleist “Scotty Cameron” putter (golf club), which he had allegedly stolen from the aforementioned sport store. The club is valued at approximately Bt15,000.

Full story and pictures HERE

PATTAYA DAILY NEWS

-- 2010-07-13

footer_n.gif

What's ridiculous about trying to steal a 15,000 Baht putter? It was pretty stupid. Maybe it was ridiculous to try to stick it down his trousers?B)

Edited by Jimi007

He's going to find out the hard way that it's not treated the same here as "shoplifting" in the UK.

in the uk, it would be a simple caution .. no fine, no prison, just a slap on the wrists....

but it depends if the sport shop has that 30 Times Policy IE you pay 30 times the value of the product to avoid prosiction

Where did that word 'ridiculous' come from? The reporter/editor? Surely not the police or shop-owner. Very odd to have that sort of opinion in the headline if you're not reading the British rags.

Can't imagine that the powers that be will be happy with the PDN saying it's OK for a farang to nick stuff. Lol.

Where did that word 'ridiculous' come from?

i noticed alot of Thais using this word now

but i think it comes from the fact he tried to stuff a golf club down his trousers, thus the word Ridiculous .

so in context, it was a ' Ridiculous ' theft, as who the hel_l steals a golf club and attempts to walk out with it concelled in his trousers....

i could just seen the scene now

Security Guard - Is that a Golf Club in your Trousers, or are you just happy to see me ' wink wink '

Brit - Err , Golf Club

He's going to find out the hard way that it's not treated the same here as "shoplifting" in the UK.

in the uk, it would be a simple caution .. no fine, no prison, just a slap on the wrists....

but it depends if the sport shop has that 30 Times Policy IE you pay 30 times the value of the product to avoid prosiction

In the UK they don't have to steal Golf Clubs anyway, its part of the Social Welfare Package there... :whistling:

as another poster commented on the PDN comment box, he doesnt exaclty look very English IE he looks and dresses as if he is Eastern European !

He is dressed in bland euro clothes, the lack of visible tattoos and the lack of football shirt or singlet (wife beater) does indicate he may not be English. I would need a sound bite to cast further dispersions as to his educational and social status.

He could say his was drunk, 'diminished capacity' etc.

Guess he didn't know enough to bargain his way out of the situation.

He may find that diminished capacity is not a good defence in Thailand. If they accept it you end up in an institution that makes the jails look good. :ph34r: Paying the ticket price is a good policy if this is your best defence.

as another poster commented on the PDN comment box, he doesnt exaclty look very English IE he looks and dresses as if he is Eastern European !

Yes, indeed he has not a football t-shirt.

Where are you from out of curiosity ??

He is dressed in bland euro clothes, the lack of visible tattoos and the lack of football shirt or singlet (wife beater) does indicate he may not be English. I would need a sound bite to cast further dispersions as to his educational and social status.

One thing I miss about Britain is the very rare times one has to come in contact with a loud mouthed idiotic septic tank. Unfortunately living over here one has the daily occurrence of having to put up with these uneducated, self opinionated imbeciles. If they're not shouting the odds in some restaurant causing an unnecessary atmosphere and spoiling it for everyone else they are doing it in shops, bars, shopping malls and even at the airport once they have landed.