Can I Apply For A Tourist Visa When I Arrive In Bangkok?/

Hi Everyone

Im going to Hanoi towards the end of the year and planning to stay there for about 22 days to travel around vietnam/cambodia, then Im planning to go to bangkok and travel round thailand for maybe a month for two - This is where i get confused about the visa situation! I understand i need to apply for a visas for vietnam & cambodia thats easy. When i arrive in bangkok, can I apply for a tourist visa then? or will I need to sort that out in the uk?

Your help will be much appreciated :D

You can obtain a tourist visa for Thailand in UK, Cambodia, Laos, or Vietnam prior to entry. You can not obtain inside Thailand but with a UK passport you would receive 15 days visa exempt entry by land or 30 days by air arrival.

To be honest I think you might as well get your visa in the UK before you leave as it would save you time on your travels.

The Thai Consulate in Hull is very user friendly and you can apply by post, visas are free until March 2011, though you will have to pay a small service fee of £8 by post and £10 in person.

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/

To be honest I think you might as well get your visa in the UK before you leave as it would save you time on your travels.

The Thai Consulate in Hull is very user friendly and you can apply by post, visas are free until March 2011, though you will have to pay a small service fee of £8 by post and £10 in person.

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/

That website was very helpful and easy to understand - Thank u :)

Also - I mite be doing a orgainised tour for 22 days around vietnam/cambodia/laos and i will be flying into bangkok meeting there then touring via coach/train etc then back to bangkok to travel around thailand for maybe 2 months - would it still be the case getting a 2 entry tourist visa b4 i fly out to bangkok????

We have provided you the options. If you come by land 15 days without visa. If by air 30 days without visa. If a tourist visa obtained outside of Thailand 60 days that can be extended 30 more at an immigration office. As you do not intend to arrive in Thailand directly from outside the SE Asia region there is unlikely to be issued of visa exempt onward tickets by airlines. So a tourist visa for the long Thailand stay would be suggested so you do not have to leave/return during tour.

If you are now saying your initial entry may be Bangkok then yes, you will probably require a visa for a flight from the UK if you do not have a ticket out within 30 days.

Just make sure wherever you decide to procure the visa that you are in a window of 90 days from date of planned arrival.

My latest TRs from USA They were kind enough to give me six mos (the only year I haven't wanted or needed it -not given prior when I begged them because I wanted to take some trips first!. I think due to nsatbility of Thailand. Just a hunch.

is the tourist visa good for 60 days from date of issue . or the day you arrive in Thailand ?

Generally, from the time you receive the visa in your passport, you would have 90 days to make use of the visa. Upon entry into Thailand, you would be stamped permited to stay for 60 days, before the end of the 60 days, you can apply for a 30 day extension for 1900 Baht. You can apply for the extension before the 60 days are finished, and you will not lose any days.

Question: I arrive on an international flight at Swampy'boom. I am from a visa-waiver country but I see that there is a desk for Visa On Arrival. I realize that this is for people from Albania to get their 2-week stamp (or whatever) but is it possible for me to queue up at that desk for a 60-day Tourist Visa?

I think not, but it seems to be what the OP was getting at.

Question: I arrive on an international flight at Swampy'boom. I am from a visa-waiver country but I see that there is a desk for Visa On Arrival. I realize that this is for people from Albania to get their 2-week stamp (or whatever) but is it possible for me to queue up at that desk for a 60-day Tourist Visa?

I think not, but it seems to be what the OP was getting at.

No. Only for passport holders of Countries that are eligible for 15 day Visas on Arrival.

You can also ask for double or tripple touristvisa nowdays at any Thai Embassy , nice to have even if you need to do a visarun every 60 day! :)

is that true, you can apply for tourist visa with 3 entries? I have never heard of that before... great if thats the case!!!

also, 30 day visas for Cambodia can be gained on entry for those with an Australian passport... so I would assume it would be the same for those with a UK passport.

Edited by thequick7