Good Things Topic.

villagefarang

I see that the Deli behind Da Vincis has increased their line of local made cheese.

I bought a "semi-hard" ( I know the feeling) Parmesan and a Munter that seems to be a type of Brie.

Not tried them yet, have to finished what's there.

Watch this space.

Not real happy with the Chiang Rai Deli, he's already closed three days a week and I happened to land on one of his random days off today.

• Like 1

Both cheeses were acceptable.

I had them with some charcoal BBQ chicken.... the place opposite the failed supermarket on the old Chiang Mai Road has to be the best in Chiang Rai, she told us today she sells 80 a day and the large restaurant behind the grills is very popular with Thais.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to tip my hat to all the staff in Immigration up at the Mae Sai Border point. I should have made my exit and reentry for my non o visa on the 3. But due to totally unforeseen circumstances( read I totally forgot). I didn't get there till the morning of the 5th. I stopped at the main immigration office in Mae Sai just to check procedure as it was suggested by Sceadugenga. But they told me no its ok go to the border and pay the two day fine all will be ok. It took some extra time in the checking back in and issuing my visa which gave  my stomach a few  quivers. But all good  the cute officer came out and I had my picture take with her of us holding  a pamphlet  of warning on overstay and the penalties. So it all went good for which I am thankful that i didn't have to pay a far bigger cost of a trip to Lao.

Randell

• Like 2

So there we were in Tops checking off the things on our list and filling our cart, when one of the uniformed girls from Fuji smiles and says hello.  She was terribly embarrassed to tell us that we had forgotten to pay our lunch bill.  We had been deep in conversation, and for the first time in our lives, we got up and walked out into the mall to do some shopping, without paying.  The girl seemed a bit embarrassed but we were horrified that we had forgotten all about the bill.  We gave her our membership card and assured her we would be up as soon as we finished with our shopping.

The important thing here is not what happened but how it was handled.  Everyone was very polite and no one was accused of wrong doing or evil conspiracy.  When we showed up, everyone smiled and we apologized profusely.  No doubt they will remember us the next time we eat there.  

Anyway, the way they handled this situation was a very good thing in my opinion and a good example of why it is so nice to live here.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, sceadugenga said:

Ours is in Chiang Rai at Central Plaza, no idea where it is down  in what's the name of the place again... (Traffic jam city... :tongue:)

The only other one I've seen is in Suvarnabhumi Airport at domestic departures.

I stop in there frequently. Good produce.

• 2 weeks later...

Certainly cool today, took a drive down to the new Doi Chang Coffee at the White Temple, both there and Boon Rawd Park were VERY busy.

Everyone in their warm clothes.

There's a second cafe behind the one on the main street that's quite cozy.

Friendly staff and nice small foods.

Two episodes of The Grand Tour available this weekend.... :partytime2:

• 3 weeks later...

Well i finally got round to getting my Thai Drivers Licence
After much research i decided it was time,
Residence certificate(2 wks confirmation) 2 hrs Mae Sai !
Time for processing car and motor bike licence 2 hrs CR !
They gave me the mb licence for free !
Total cost for everything 800bht
What i thought would take 15 days took 4 hrs !
Thankyou Chiang Rai [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I have noticed that tops supermarket have a big selection of cheese now . I especially like theJarlsberg sliced cheese . They also had very good salami from France . Went back a few says later and the salami was gone . Just waiting now till they get it in again . It seems Tops get product in and when its gone , you have to wait quite for them to get it in  again.