Good Things Topic.

villagefarang

I should pint out that the village and the valley are called Doi Chang. Doi Chaang is the name of a coffee company established several years ago by a consortium of Bangkok and foreign businessmen who have laid now claim to the original coffee of the area. Amazing what money (distributed to the right people) will do.

If you want to get to know the original coffee growers of the valley, the company is called Doi Chang and is based in the middle of the village of Doi Chang.

Yesterday we traveled to an isolated mountain temple in a village inhabited only by mountain people.

Had a wonderful time, even if the kids managed kwai khau at least four or five times - but that was before we started hanging out the ice cream.

Then farang dee...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I went down with a friend a few weeks back.

Had a steak, bought some clothes, checked a few markets out, enjoyed the hotel pool and facilities and was glad to get home.

That was with 3 days away.

Once a year is more than enough.

http://theussteakhouse.com/

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

All our best friends still work in Bangkok so we can handle more than once a year but 3 or 4 days is about right for a nice visit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yes that really does sound good. Although thrilled and thankful to be back, adjusting to heat and smoke is taking its time. With all the water coming an icy man cave does sound like the perfect prescription for our current situation.

Enviously Randell

• Like 2

Driving home this morning from Chiang Mai was a good thing in itself with very little traffic on the 118 and the freedom to enjoy the high speed bends in the mountains. Stopping for coffee at Doi Chaang was very nice as I hadn’t visited since the remodel. Its nice to be home and it was so much fun getting here.

Coffee%2BArt%2BDoi%2BChaang-%2B1.jpg

Coffee%2BArt%2BDoi%2BChaang-%2B2.jpg

Coffee%2BArt%2B8.jpg

• Like 2

The Royal Project store has a some tasty items, smoked duck breast and smoked pork fillet (described as smoked pork chop).

Vacuum sealed for your convenience, useful deli goods with numerous culinary uses.

I'll have to check out those duck breasts - is the Royal Project Store the one on the bottom floor of Central near the food court?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...