Cost Of Mains Water

rocky123

Wow! Who do you pay? Some villages put in their own meters bill you and charge more. I haven't ever heard of them charging that much though. Some villages have their own water tank and pump using a private well. There isn't government supplied water available.

Why do people let themselves get hosed (pun intended) like this for water and electricity charges? Only buy or rent houses or condos that have direct billing from the respective utility providers...never a place where the owners add a additional mark-up!

My bill for my 3BR 2 BA house is 85 baht a month.

I can't imagine a village charging as little as 5 baht per unit as the city rate is about 12 baht per unit. If this village has it's own well and tanks and pumps they could not maintain the system and pay the electric to pump the water for this cost

I pay 28 Baht/m3 in the condo, and use on average around 10 m3/month. I always thought that was pretty cheap, at least compared with the UK where they not only fleece you for providing water, but double-charge you for the sewerage to take it away again afterwards. The condo recently introduced a water meter charge of 15 or 20 Baht/month, but it hasn't appeared on my bill yet so maybe the owner is picking it up?