Moderator For Thai Language Thread

Boon Mee

Just a suggestion - it might be useful to have an active moderator for the Thai Language thread and one of the 'Big Guns' i.e. yoot, bannork, meadish etc would make it more "professional"?

ขอบคุณมากครับ

บุญมี

Just a suggestion - it might be useful to have an active moderator for the Thai Language thread and one of the 'Big Guns' i.e. yoot, bannork, meadish etc would make it more "professional"?

ขอบคุณมากครับ

บุญมี

Hi Boon,

I do my best to moderate the language forum when I can - but since I am out of LOS at the moment I dont spend as much time there.

If you have issues with anything going on in the language forum you're welcome to use the 'report' function - this will send a PM to all moderators calling attention to a specific post.

If you have any comments of a more general nature, dont hesitate to contact me personally by PM and I will do my best to help you as soon as I come online.

Cheers

Meadish

ขอบคุณมากครับ

บุญมี

Hi Boon,

I do my best to moderate the language forum when I can - but since I am out of LOS at the moment I dont spend as much time there.

If you have issues with anything going on in the language forum you're welcome to use the 'report' function - this will send a PM to all moderators calling attention to a specific post.

If you have any comments of a more general nature, dont hesitate to contact me personally by PM and I will do my best to help you as soon as I come online.

Cheers

Meadish

Meadish/dr. PP

I wasn't thinking so much in terms of issues but possibly an active moderator who could lead the forum. At present, we have the nominal mod who does not live in Thailand and rarely provides input so was thinking of a individual such as yoot or bannork/meadish who have an excellent grasp of the Thai language?

I know bannork personally. I dont know if it would be practical.ie he doesnt have PC at home. But he definatley knows stuff regarding the Thai language. If he doesnt read this thread then i will let him know about it tomorrow.

I know bannork personally. I dont know if it would be practical.ie he doesnt have PC at home. But he definatley knows stuff regarding the Thai language. If he doesnt read this thread then i will let him know about it tomorrow.

Sounds good, Jock.

What would be ideal is a 'mentor' of sorts for the Thai Language thread. Don't know if bannork would care for the role but perhaps there's some 'Big Gun' who would.

All this is up to George/dr. pp of course. I'm certainly not dictating policy here - just a worthwhile suggestion. :o

Why not have a 'Thai' person to moderate then. After all thats what this is all about. I am sure there are Thai members among us that can speak and write English as good if not better than some of our Farang members. And nobody can speak Thai as well as a native can.

Why not have a 'Thai' person to moderate then. After all thats what this is all about. I am sure there  are Thai members among us that can speak and write English as good if not better than some of our Farang members. And nobody can speak Thai as well as a native can.

This is a good idea... like Lampard has said, only a thai (with a good grasp of english of course) is really qualified to advise on the best use of his/her own language.. :o

totster :D

Why not have a 'Thai' person to moderate then. After all thats what this is all about. I am sure there  are Thai members among us that can speak and write English as good if not better than some of our Farang members. And nobody can speak Thai as well as a native can.

That's why I proposed yoot as the #1 likely candidate.

From what we've read, believe him to be Thai.

We could certainly add a mod to the language forum. Just let me know when you have nominated one, and we will be happy to welcome him onboard. If the person in question uses internt cafes for moderation, we have to arrange a little extra security for him though. No pompems!

Cheers!

I have a bit of a sneaking suspicion that George might be looking for someone unburdened by heavy external commitments.  :o

And someone with an active interest in providing help to us 'dumb' farangs.

I have a bit of a sneaking suspicion that George might be looking for someone unburdened by heavy external commitments.   :D

Maybe this should be posted in general topics and allow nomination of our Thai members then a vote. Just a suggestion :o

I have a bit of a sneaking suspicion that George might be looking for someone unburdened by heavy external commitments.   :D

Maybe this should be posted in general topics and allow nomination of our Thai members then a vote. Just a suggestion :o

That might be useful daley, but it seems those members of TV who are interested in pursuing Thai Language skills are already posting in the language thread? I'd generate a poll myself with all 'Big Guns' names but probably make a hash of it.

As been mentioned tho, a native Thai is probably the best candidate.

I have a bit of a sneaking suspicion that George might be looking for someone unburdened by heavy external commitments.  :D

That might be useful daley, but it seems those members of TV who are interested in pursuing Thai Language skills are already posting in the language thread? I'd generate a poll myself with all 'Big Guns' names but probably make a hash of it.

I agree with Boon here. The Thai Language forum is more suitable for this kind of poll, because it will affect the Language forum contributors more than anyone else - lots of people look at and post in General who are not necessarily interested in Thai, and I fear we'd get a number of p*sstaker voters if we introduced the thread there.

Still, I am not entirely sure what you are looking for in this new moderator, Boon? We already have a number of people who do their best to answer the questions that come up according to their time and abilities, so what is this "leading" role you envision for the new moderator? What would the role involve that is not taking place already?

/Meadish

I agree with Boon here. The Thai Language forum is more suitable for this kind of poll, because it will affect the Language forum contributors more than anyone else - lots of people look at and post in General who are not necessarily interested in Thai, and I fear we'd get a number of p*sstaker voters if we introduced the thread there.

Still, I am not entirely sure what you are looking for in this new moderator, Boon? We already have a number of people who do their best to answer the questions that come up according to their time and abilities, so what is this "leading" role you envision for the new moderator? What would the role involve that is not taking place already?

/Meadish

Perhaps what I'm thinking of here Meadish is a 'lead' moderator who would be the more authoritive voice w/respect to various nuances that come up. Someone who we could all look to as the 'Adjarn' so to speak?

Agree we have no problems getting questions answered but 'am thinking of yoot in particular structuring the thread in a semi-lesson plan format?

Just exploratory ideas at this stage... :D

/Meadish

Luckily we have Yoot as the regular Thai contributor,either out of the goodness of his heart or because he's happy to see foreigners learn Thai, perhaps both; whatever, at times it can also help his English.

Meadish,self and others on the farang side hit the questions back and forth between ourselves and Yoot. To find a moderator who's completely fluent in English and Thai would be a hard job, Appisit Wejajira, the leader of the Democrats, fits the bill but I doubt he's got the time....

In the meantime the forum rolls on, it maybe the turtle of Thaivisa.com, less hits than General Forum and Farang Affairs, but it will run longer, plodding its sincere course, paved with genuine intention and positive contributions to mutual understanding......

I think its fine as it is, now that meadish is a mod, you have him and sabijai Its not just knowing the one language but how they relate to one an other. I dont really see it becoming sort of online learning center. In short its fine as it is.

RC

In general being a mod is to help forum members and (try to) enforce the forum rules. A good mod is also an active poster, starts interesting topics and keep the discussion going. If a thread goes bad, the moderator can edit or remove posts, warn or ban members who abuse the rules, or just clean up off topic posts.

A mod for the language forum should be well versed in Thai language and able to write as well. The language forum is one of the easiest forums to moderate, as there are very few cases of problems in this particular forum branch.

May I invite you as a mod for the language forum, Khun Samran?

In general being a mod is to help forum members and (try to) enforce the forum rules. A good mod is also an active poster, starts interesting topics and keep the discussion going. If a thread goes bad, the moderator can edit or remove posts, warn or ban members who abuse the rules, or just clean up off topic posts.

A mod for the language forum should be well versed in Thai language and able to write as well. The language forum is one of the easiest forums to moderate, as there are very few cases of problems in this particular forum branch.

What's wrong with Meadish Sweetball as the moderator? Has he done a Steven Gerrard, demanding an increase in salary,(in this case from zero to nothing), or is he doing a runner, fleeing the scene,namely Michael Owen?

There's no need for the moderator to start topics on the Thai Language forum as it depends entirely on members' requests, the members themselves have to be interested or self-motivated enough to post, it lives or dies by its own flame.

This is a good idea... like Lampard has said, only a thai (with a good grasp of english of course) is really qualified to advise on the best use of his/her own language.. :o

totster :D

farang =meadish_sweetball ,bannork

thai =siamesekitten ( i dont see her in TV a while)

Bambi

What's wrong with Meadish Sweetball as the moderator? Has he done a Steven Gerrard, demanding an increase in salary,(in this case from zero to nothing), or is he doing a runner, fleeing the scene,namely Michael Owen?

There's no need for the moderator to start topics on the Thai Language forum as it depends entirely on members' requests, the members themselves have to be interested or self-motivated enough to post, it lives or dies by its own flame.

I'd vote for Meadish as well. He's a keen poster with a proven track record and a fair guy.

That's not to say the other 'Big Guns' are not but Meadish exhibits the most enthusiasm of late. :o