A "Jap" On Thai Visa! What The......

Tokay

Dear mods,

As an Japanese-American I am a little offended by the smily icon called "jap" that you have here. Can you please rename it? If you do not know, that is a derogatory word and ethnic slur used against the Japanese.

:jap:

If the word "whistling" is used for :whistling: then I can't imaging calling :jap: "Japanese" would be an issue regarding the amount of letters in the icon name.

Thank you.

• Like 1

Why not delete the "Jap" wai emoticon? There is a Thai wai already which most posters prefer.

Please replace it with something much more offensive!

I don't see a Thai wai. Which one is it?

Why not delete the "Jap" wai emoticon? There is a Thai wai already which most posters prefer.

:wai:

Click the emoticon icon and then click "show all" and then look for it sort of near the bottom.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Click the emoticon icon and the click show all icons and look for it sort of near the bottom.

:wai: Looked right over that little bugger. I always click on the happy face above the posting area and it only loads a set icon list. You have to click "show all" in order to see the Thai one from there. Thanks!

Click the emoticon icon and the click show all icons and look for it sort of near the bottom.

:wai: Looked right over that little bugger. I always click on the happy face above the posting area and it only loads a set icon list. You have to click "show all" in order to see the Thai one from there. Thanks!

No problem. I hope that they replace the offensive one with the Thai one so I do not have to click "show all" every time that I want to use it. :)

Edited by Ulysses G.

I would imagine that my Japanese friends would find Tokay's avatar to be far more offensive than naming some obscure emoticom "Jap".

Fair enough, if he finds it offensive then there is no reason not to change it.

I can't see anyone getting offended if it was to be called the Japanese Emoticon, maybe change the colour too, that could be construed as being offensive to some.

Could any other Japanese folks who read this forum take offense at your ID Photo ? maybe time to change that ?

I would imagine that my Japanese friends would find Tokay's avatar to be far more offensive than naming some obscure emoticom "Jap".

You ever watch Japanese TV or our game shows? We enjoy our version of humor and that image is darn funny. Nothing offensive about the image at all.

Get over it.

Will do. Thanks for being sensitive to racial slurs.

Where you from, England or one of the hillbilly states of America?

Yes, I am from England.

I am often referred to as a Brit, a term which is an abbreviation of my nationality.

Get it yet?

Racial slur? <deleted>. And I thought that blighty was going overboard with the PC crap/

Got to agree here. Being offended by an abbreviation for a 'emoticon' !! Come on, that's ridiculous....

It's the same as the 'hillbilly comment you just made. You obviously didn't think that would be offensive. Get a life man.

Edited by dvdlock

21) Not to discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy

You ever watch Japanese TV or our game shows? We enjoy our version of humor and that image is darn funny. Nothing offensive about the image at all.

Unfortunately, Thai TV has some of these 'shows'. They perfectly match the inanity of Thai TV shows, which is obviously why they are shown in Thailand.

Have a nice day.

Oh.....my.....god......

And did someone actually start blaming the op for wwII? rofl

I consistently name my Japanese documents jap to differentiate them from my english versions. Hope they dont get offended.

I can assure you that your documents will not be offended since they have no way of making a choice about this (the docs are not living things). On the other hand, humans have a choice as to whether they wish to be offended or not. Such a decision is usually learnt from early childhood.

Edited by elkangorito