Where Can I Find

kirkinpattaya

I had to laugh a little when I read this....I was just looking for it last week to make up some hummus. Villa Market at the Avenue has two different brands and both are on the expensive side. If I remember correctly one is Bt 250 and the other was over 300. Not sure of the size but I would consider the container on the medium side, maybe 6-8 oz.

If you are making hummus you might try searching the net for hummus without tahini, most substitute sesame seeds which can be slighly roasted/fried in a frying pan and then added to the recipe....much cheaper and available everywhere. We made up some naan bread and cooked on a griddle...also much cheaper than the stores and in my opinion even better.

Sorry, got carried away....

ACMike

Edited by ACMIKE

I had to laugh a little when I read this....I was just looking for it last week to make up some hummus. Villa Market at the Avenue has two different brands and both are on the expensive side. If I remember correctly one is Bt 250 and the other was over 300. Not sure of the size but I would consider the container on the medium side, maybe 6-8 oz.

If you are making hummus you might try searching the net for hummus without tahini, most substitute sesame seeds which can be slighly roasted/fried in a frying pan and then added to the recipe....much cheaper and available everywhere. We made up some naan bread and cooked on a griddle...also much cheaper than the stores and in my opinion even better.

Sorry, got carried away....

ACMike

thanks mike, yeah i want to make some hummus its my first time doing it and i want to try a certain recipe that calls for it

Although MAKRO has a very good range of spices unfortunately they don't have Tahini....unless it is hidden on another aisle somewhere in the store. I searched every aisle and may have missed it.

The info on the Indian supermarket is good, will have to check that out.