Knife Sharpening In Bkk?

OM3N

I just bought a beautiful and expensive Japanese Chef's knife, and am scared to ruin it by sharpening it myself. Does anyone know of a good knife sharpening service in BKK?

Any help much appreciated.

You might check at the restaurants in your areas and see what the chefs use to sharpen knives.

I was going by a local neighborhood restaurant (about 3* so not fancy) and saw a knife sharpener. He was on his bike with his strop and whetstone sharpening several knives which I assume belonged to the rest. chef.

First time I have seen one in Thailand in more than 5 years.

Wow......how old are you and you can't sharpen a knife?? Maybe you're not married, as Thai wives say that dull knives mean a lazy husband.

I've got lots of different knives...Jap, German, Philippines, Chineese, stainless, carbon steel and they're always sharp because I leave a wet stone near the kitchen sink and simply swipe the stone over the knife at the same angle as the edge of the blade first 5 swipes each side, then 4, 3,2,1 with wet stone fine side. I'm sure you can buy a stone for cheaper than getting an 'expert' in.......

Or google will tell you other ways.

ps,

i am a lazy husband, but my knives can always cut a tomato.

There is a bicycle-bound knife sharpener who comes through our neighborhood ~ once a month. Must be lots of lazy husbands because he sharpens hundreds of knives in an afternoon, including all of mine. For high-end knives I'd check with the manufacturer, or distributor, to get an idea on the best options for your particular knife. Ask around with your neighbors, or at the restaurants in your neighborhood, to see if/when anyone comes around to sharpen knives. Also check in the tailor job-shops (the places where they actually cut and sew the items for the tailor shops; some job shops only do pants, while others only do jackets or shirts). All their scissors have to get sharpened frequently.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 13 years later...

Two professional  Bangkok knife sharpeners are:

SHARPLINE KNIVES

https://web.facebook.com/sharplineknife/?_rdc=1&_rdr

and

CUTBOY KNIFE
https://www.cutboyknife.com/

Both have sites on face book.

I apologize for the other member with snarky comments belittling you not being an expert knife sharpener. He clearly knows little  about quality cutlery. 

Edited by Bob219
Typos and omissions