A Scenic Place To Visit In Thailand

travellife

I have been to the tourist places in Thailand (Bangkok, Phuket, Krabi, Pattaya, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, etc). I would like to drive from Bangkok and visit a new place. It would be interesting to visit scenic places like a lake or mountain. Someone mentioned the Nakhon Ratchasima area (4.5 hours by car) has some interesting places to visit. Anyone recommending this place or another place?

Thanks

Yep, if not Nakorn have a look in the Kan region... a good option within 4 hours.

Sai Yok NP is nice and Erawan Falls and Hellfire Pass are also not far away. You could stop in the town to see the Kwai Bridge on the way up, do the national park or see the falls or the Pass, and then loop back through Ayuthaya (via the 324).

Sai Yok

Sai-Yok-Noi-Waterfall.jpg

Ayutthaya

wat_phra_si_sanphet_ayutthaya.jpg

• Like 1

Khao Yai national park

Is Khao Yai as nice as it looks online? Any recommendation on where to stay (preferably a guest house or hotel).

A couple of weeks ago we travelled through Khao Yai on the 3077 road south to north.

After leaving the north exit/entrance and heading towards Pak Chong you will find many resorts, hotels and guest houses.

We chose one called InKhaoYai/the bakery coffee shop. It's fairly new, has adequate sized bungalows with a/c & european b/rooms. 1200 baht per night including b/f. There are plenty of places to eat and drink but at this time of year it was fairly quiet. It was Friday night though and at a bar called "Cowboy City" there was a Thai group playing some good music.

Don't know if they play every night.

Head all the way up North. Beautiful. From Chiang Mai- Pai- Mae Hong Son.....Check out my Northern Thai trip. Waterfall, mountains, Buffaloes, Hill Tribe etc........ Check out my photostream and you will see lot's of Thai scene. Hope this help! http://www.flickr.com/photos/nusaba/

Note: It's very challenging from Chiang Mai to Mae Hong Son, total 1864 of curve.

post-55926-044296400 1279992265_thumb.jp

post-55926-072081900 1279992412_thumb.jp

post-55926-000993900 1279992792_thumb.jp

post-55926-047268500 1279992883_thumb.jp

post-55926-081735800 1279992978_thumb.jp

Edited by sunnyhor