Jewellery Vanished 'After Thai DSI Put It On Display'

webfact

Maybe, just maybe, the Red-shirt managed to steal it for the second time.

Why not, they did it in the 1st time.

It is almost impossible for the DSI to steal it themselves, as they are the law enforcer themselves.

LOL! Cut out the middle man! The cops ARE the robbers. 55555.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<BR>Maybe, just maybe, the Red-shirt managed to steal it for the second time.<BR>Why not, they did it in the 1st time.<BR><BR>It is almost impossible for the DSI to steal it themselves, as they are the law enforcer themselves.<BR>
<BR><BR><BR>

Maybe, just maybe, the Red-shirt managed to steal it for the second time.

Why not, they did it in the 1st time.

It is almost impossible for the DSI to steal it themselves, as they are the law enforcer themselves.

LOL! Cut out the middle man! The cops ARE the robbers. 55555.

never heard about tea money and in this case cake money as well

Think back towards the end of the Bkk upheaval in May. Recall how many photos and articles were published regarding the respect shown by the general public for the Royal Thai Army. Think about each time the Army was praised and honored, how the same general public, heaped ridicule, scorn and disdain on the police.

Now re read this article..... is there any wonder the people show dislike for the police?

The entire thing is completely beyond the least bit of common sense..

Greed knows no boundries.

Interesting, lets see what happens next.

those that came on bike this year will be on benz next year....an if ur stopped for no helmet, dont forget to give 20 baht for ice....they like that too.....

are you saying tea money has come of age and evolved to ice tea money?? :D

"A DSI source said many unauthorised people had access to the items in DSI custody and requested to view this set."

So the DSI knew unauthorized people had access to them. I was unauthorized, how come no-one told me about this great opportunity? I'm guessing you had to know someone at DSI to get a look at these items.

Sounds like the fox was guarding the hen house.

<BR>btw, where is the investigation about the stolen jewels of the Saudi Prince ? The police had had one of its finest moments there .Wonder whether the Thaï thief is still alive.<BR>
<BR><BR>probably silenced to keep quiet about who has that piece now<BR><BR><BR>

Interesting, lets see what happens next.

those that came on bike this year will be on benz next year....an if ur stopped for no helmet, dont forget to give 20 baht for ice....they like that too.....

are you saying tea money has come of age and evolved to ice tea money?? :D

were talking benz's beamer's n heritage soft tails on this island,,,kp,,,, those no helmet stops add up...

<BR>btw, where is the investigation about the stolen jewels of the Saudi Prince ? The police had had one of its finest moments there .Wonder whether the Thaï thief is still alive.<BR>
<BR><BR>probably silenced to keep quiet about who has that piece now<BR><BR><BR>

Everyone knows who kept it... but better i moderate myself.

Edited by BigPanda

a law enforcer (FROM ANYWHERE) that's HONEST....... whoever told you that LIED.

None are honest, never have been and NEVER will be. remember that `lawmen' were killers, theives and bandits first, that's how they got to LAWMEN. They are still the same today, except they now have uniforms, badges and guns. And the courts always sides with the crooks. This has been true from the start of time and it has not changed nor will it ever change...

btw, where is the investigation about the stolen jewels of the Saudi Prince ? The police had had one of its finest moments there .Wonder whether the Thaï thief is still alive.

Well, there would have been more than one. As I recall, the Saudi prince complained that about half of the items returned to him were fakes, and of course many items were not returned to him at all. I never did find out the name of the police general whose wife was supposedly photographed wearing one of the necklaces, but surely there would have been many others of lower rank who would have shared in the loot to reward their help in destroying evidence. The general would have been older (but still not sixty, the mandatory retirement age)so might have passed away by now, but most of the younger people would still be alive. Might be retired by now, though.

This entire scenario reminds me of something that occurred several years ago in Thailand.  A jewelry store owner claimed that someone stole a diamond that was worth several hundred million THB, and that the police were involved.  Lots of stories and finger pointing.  The truth eventually came out: the missing diamond was a poor quality counterfeit, worth only a few hundred THB.  The store owner was arrested for making a false police report.

I would like to know why on earth they felt it necessary to display this stuff in the first place. Totally unnecessary.

Everything should have been returned to the rightful owner asap. If they had wanted to display something, then a few photographs would have done the trick.

Absolutely stupid and all for a "bit of face". which is presumably a bit red at the moment.

<BR>ROFLMAO   Yep the KeyStone Cops at it again , This is just Super Typical !  Maybe there was a farang walking around the office when he went for noodles and was last seen in the BMW with the cleaner!!!<BR>
<BR><BR><BR>ROFLMAO?????????? Please explain

How many people working for the DSI drive Mercedes or live in large mansions?

None. They all came to work on bicycle/free bus, and live in the free police flats behind police stations.

Those that did had all followed Khun Thaksin to shin Corp already.

Rucharee, please don't call Thaksin "Khun" - it makes him sound like someone worthy of respect.

Yes, before we looking like trailer park idiots with no manners and beer bar stool 'experts' with no education, it is recommended that we all use the official/protocolary term to refer to Thaksin. they way like its done in his arrest warrant for example, its Pol. Lt-Col. Thaksin Shinawatra. if you want to go more academical (and even more humorous than the first variant) you can use Pol. Lt-Col. Dr. Thaksin Shinawatra.

So the people who most likely stole them are in charge of investigating the theft? I'm sure they will come to a quick conclusion. A culprit will be found and promptly executed.

The DSI is the government's branch of the police.  If you remember, when charges were pressed against a member of the government, he didn't turn himself into the regular police; he turned himself into the DSI.  <BR><BR>They are most likely untouchable and an arrest and conviction are unlikely. 

None are honest, never have been and NEVER will be. remember that `lawmen' were killers, theives and bandits first, that's how they got to LAWMEN. They are still the same today, except they now have uniforms, badges and guns. And the courts always sides with the crooks. This has been true from the start of time and it has not changed nor will it ever change...

What a pointless first post.

Worldwide law enforcement did not start in the States in the 1800s. There's more to the world than the "US Wild West". You've been watching too many westerns.

When Sir Robert Peel started the Metropolitan Police in London in 1829, do you really think he chose to only employ criminals?

By the way, in the UK the police don't carry guns.

DSI chief denies missing Bt5 mln diamond items seized from Red Shirts during May 19 riot at DSI HQ

DSI chief denies missing Bt5 mln diamond items seized from Red Shirts during May 19 riot at DSI HQ, insists no such items on DSI evidence list

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2010-07-20

DSI chief denies missing Bt5 mln diamond items seized from Red Shirts during May 19 riot at DSI HQ, insists no such items in DSI directory /via @MCOT

...the owner got a receipt from the police who handed the goodies over to the military.

Did the police get a receipt from the military?

Edited by bunnaag

Worldwide law enforcement did not start in the States in the 1800s. There's more to the world than the "US Wild West". You've been watching too many westerns.

When Sir Robert Peel started the Metropolitan Police in London in 1829, do you really think he chose to only employ criminals?

Not been back to the UK lately then, when you do i wouldn't pull your plastic toy gun out on any airport police for starters you may end up with some extra holes that weren't there before. Some UK police do carry guns .

Not been back to the UK lately then, when you do i wouldn't pull your plastic toy gun out on any airport police for starters you may end up with some extra holes that weren't there before. Some UK police do carry guns .

Yes, I am aware that many police at airports carry guns.

There was also the case of Raoul Moat recently when 10% of the trained firearms officers in the UK were tasked to find him.

That having been said, your average bobby on the beat does not carry a gun, unlike the majority of countries around the world.

The point I was trying to make, but obviously not very well, was that that "facts" stated in the post I replied to were less than accurate.

Sorry Scott it won't happen again.

Edited by samjaidee