Jewellery Vanished 'After Thai DSI Put It On Display'

webfact

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DSI chief denies missing Bt5 mln diamond items seized from Red Shirts during May 19 riot at DSI HQ

DSI chief denies missing Bt5 mln diamond items seized from Red Shirts during May 19 riot at DSI HQ, insists no such items on DSI evidence list

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2010-07-20

DSI chief denies missing Bt5 mln diamond items seized from Red Shirts during May 19 riot at DSI HQ, insists no such items in DSI directory /via @MCOT

HOW INTERESTING

For the oldtimers - REMEMBER the Saudi jewelry disappearing episode which lasted not days, weeks, months, but years - the Saudi Ambassador was even recalled from Thailand.

<br>
<br>
<br>How many people working for the DSI drive Mercedes or live in large mansions?<br>
<br><br>None. They all came to work on bicycle/free bus, and live in the free police flats behind police stations.<br><br>Those that did had all followed Khun Thaksin to shin Corp already.<br>
<br><br><br>How wonderfully and sweetly deluded you are.  Carry on young lady.<br>
<br><br>

Were you referring to the cops on the take following Thaksin. Or are you saying that there is no cops coming to work on bicycles, free bus and living in free police flats behind police stations. I know for a fact that some of them do come on byciclles so in that part you are sweetly deluded for the free bus and free police flats I don't know she might be deluded or again it might be you. Based on what I know for a fact I suspect it is you.

It never ceases to amaze me the way you people are so willing to condemn every single police man. There is no doubt that there is a lot of corruption in the police department. But there is also a lot of honest police men there. Are you a sex pervert there are a lot of foreigners here who are. Just using your logic. Or are you and the rest of your kind above that OK for you to use it but not OK to be used on you.

Edited by jayjay0

DSI chief denies missing Bt5 mln diamond items seized from Red Shirts during May 19 riot at DSI HQ, insists no such items in DSI directory /via @MCOT

Now that's funny; looking forward to see what floats to the surface on this matter :lol: :jap:

Right maybe, try his wife's traveling jewelry case....or any of those people who had access that shouldn't have.

Pure bluster.... 'someone' likely pocked the loot BEFORE the were to be logged into the directory.

DUH same issue, DSI had them, displayed them publicly,

and lost them.... before properly inventorying them...

Still guilty: of stupidity or probable theft or equally likely both...

If it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck

Edited by animatic

I think there are a lot more corrupt cops here than foreign sex perverts :whistling:

true but percentage wise it might not be true.

how about a lot more sexualy perverted corrupt cops on bicycles than foreign sex perverts?

:)I think a lot more bicycles corrupted by sexually perverted cops than foreign sex tourists.

:)

I think there are a lot more corrupt cops here than foreign sex perverts :whistling:

how about a lot more sexualy perverted corrupt cops on bicycles than foreign sex perverts?

:)I think a lot more bicycles corrupted by sexually perverted cops than foreign sex tourists.

:)

thats pushing it but still not beyond the realms of possibility :D

You figure there is that many on bikes. Why are you so defensive?

MISSING JEWELLERIES

DSI never had missing gems : Tharit

By The Nation

Published on July 21, 2010

30134213-01.jpg

The Department of Special Investigation (DSI) never had in its custody items of jewellery reported stolen by their owner, director-general Tharit Phengdit said yesterday.

"The DSI records and catalogues all items in its custody, but there are no details about the missing jewellery," he said, without giving further details.

A jeweller has lodged a complaint with the Justice Ministry that a number of items stolen from her shop in the Ratchaprasong area during the red-shirt protests in May went missing while in DSI custody.

Tharit said: "In a hand-over of jewellery items from the Centre for Resolution of the Emergency Situation, the DSI recorded and catalogued all 40 items. The items reported missing are not in the hand-over list.

"The jewellery in question was in police custody before it was handed to the military, then to the DSI. However, we are blaming the police or the military for the loss and are willing to cooperate in the [Justice Ministry] investigation," he said.

"All the items and pieces of evidence seized were handed over to the DSI in two containers through many agencies. DSI was the destination of all the items and where they were kept in custody," Tharit said.

The DSI earlier released details about jewellery items it received from the government's Centre for Resolution of the Emergency Situation (CRES), all of which were stolen during the protests in May.

A DSI source said the unnamed owner, upon retrieving the jewellery from the DSI, claimed that a diamond ring priced at Bt106,800 went missing, along with a pair of earrings with an unknown price.

"The owner's statement claiming the loss has damaged the DSI's reputation, especially the citing of the total price at Bt5 million despite the fact that the tag seen attached was only in the hundreds of thousands," the source said.

"But the DSI will not make any statement until the Justice Ministry investigation is complete," he added.

A sister of the owner of the Phet Siam Jewellery Centre declined to comment on the DSI's and Tharit's statements, saying she would also wait for the results of the ministry's probe.

Pathum Wan police chief Pol Colonel Chumphon Kanjanarat said officers handed over whatever jewellery items they had along with suspects to the CRES not long after the items were found in Pathum Wanaram Temple, which is near the protest site.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-07-21

<br>
<br>
<br>How many people working for the DSI drive Mercedes or live in large mansions?<br>
<br><br>None. They all came to work on bicycle/free bus, and live in the free police flats behind police stations.<br><br>Those that did had all followed Khun Thaksin to shin Corp already.<br>
<br><br>Rucharee, please don't call Thaksin "Khun" - it makes him sound like someone worthy of respect.<br>
<br><br>More like Khun(t)<br><br>

It was in the list, and photographed by DSI. Now DSI try to divert the matter saying it is not 5 mil, but 100K.

BUT STILL IT WENT MISSING ISN'T IT?

Or is it OK to steal 100K & not 5 million?

DSI, & Tharit, shame on you to divert the matter.

Soounds like an inside job engineered by outsiders on the inside...Time to call the police hmmmm do they have a number?

Let me see if I've got this right.... police are being assigned to investigate the police?

I can believe this story as being very true. Jewellery will infact vanish if left alone for any lengthy period of time. This can happen anywhere in the world , although it could be more prevelant within Thailand. I can just see the process of the investigation ..........did you see the diamonds on my desk yesterday officer .... they were there when i went out for noodles sir ..........but when came back they vanished sir .....next day the cleaner arrives at work in a new BMW.....lol.. Amazing Thailand. :blink:

In a culture which learns to toss out excuses as easily as spitting, we've got a tempest in a rice bowl which offers a hundred possible excuses for anyone implicated:

"the jewels were never noted on the manifest."

"I never saw them."

"the other guys had them, maybe."

"I thought they were fake diamonds, so I gave them to a kid's birthday party."

"I tested the diamonds' hardness on my windshield glass, they failed, so I tossed them in the drain."

"my daughter dreamt she was given a diamond ring, so I made her dream come true."

"I want to marry a high class lady named Pim, so I needed a very impressive ring."

<br>
<br>
<br><br>Rucharee, please don't call Thaksin "Khun" - it makes him sound like someone worthy of respect.<br>
<br><br>More like Khun(t)<br><br>

I prefer to just call him " that Khun T. "

Maybe, just maybe, the Red-shirt managed to steal it for the second time.

Why not, they did it in the 1st time.

It is almost impossible for the DSI to steal it themselves, as they are the law enforcer themselves.

Please follow this story and see if justice is served. Law enforcers is not the correct statement for them, its Law abusers......

I can predict the outcome. Nothing will happen, the story will disappear and will blow over where the jewelry owner probably has no insurance on his assets and DSI will continue on adding performance of their unsolved crimes to their everlasting list.

Its funny to think that when a criminal is caught, all these news come out but not once do they announce the conviction and terms of imprisonment or trial dates etc..

It is almost impossible for the DSI to steal it themselves, as they are the law enforcer themselves.

Please follow this story and see if justice is served. Law enforcers is not the correct statement for them, its Law abusers......

I can predict the outcome. Nothing will happen, the story will disappear and will blow over where the jewelry owner probably has no insurance on his assets and DSI will continue on adding performance of their unsolved crimes to their everlasting list.

Its funny to think that when a criminal is caught, all these news come out but not once do they announce the conviction and terms of imprisonment or trial dates etc..

So if DSI did not steal it, could it be the police or the army? Unlikely too, as they are good people that protect Thais from bad people (like the thieves that stole it).

It was in the list, and photographed by DSI. Now DSI try to divert the matter saying it is not 5 mil, but 100K.

You say it was on the list and was photographed by the DSI.

DSI say it wasn't on the list.

Whos' right?

Do you have any documents to share to prove it was on the list?

Nothing better can be expected of the DSI. They probably confiscated the jewelry from people related to the DSI in the first place. But with a DSI chief who writes bomb making notes in the notebook of a suspect in Chonburi everything is possible. It is completely weird that this criminal is still in office. there is one explanation possible, he is related to his boss and upstanding member of society Suthep.

If you are going to post something that directly leads to a libel suit, shouldn't you post your factual source to this allegation?

Or I know, let's just post fantasies that you cannot back up just because it suits your agenda...

• Like 1

So if DSI did not steal it, could it be the police or the army? Unlikely too, as they are good people that protect Thais from bad people (like the thieves that stole it).

Just wondering about the background of the jewellery dealer. Anything to share on this point?

And, wonder if the jewellery dealer has paid all taxes due from their business transactions?

No, DSI never said they had it.

The anon owner claimed after a bunch of valuables was returned that one gem and a pair of earrings was missing from the collection.

There have however sofar not been any evidence presented that shows that DSI ever had these items.

It would be easy for any jeweler to claim that more of his stock was taken and some not returned, while actually selling the items on the side...insurance-scam is it called.

• Like 1