Can'T View Thaivisa Using Chrome

frodo

Not sure if this topic belongs here or in the internet forum. I'll try here first.

This past week, I have not been able to use TV using Google Chrome. The site will display correctly for a second, then after that it blacks out. Other websites are fine.

I can use IE8 and Firefox with no problems at all.

Any suggestions?

post-6428-093206000 1279675893_thumb.png

Page will display for a moment

post-6428-022575700 1279675914_thumb.png

After a second or two, I get this.

Sorry I have no suggestions but my Chrome 5.0.375.99 works very well with Thai Visa, Maybe it's a computer problem so I'll move to the internet forum.

Thanks SBK.

I cleaned everything, did a scan, changed the screen resolution and even uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome. Still doing the same.

Not sure what this can be. The main forum is normal as well as the sub-forums. Individual threads are giving me the problem. I'll play around with the settings and take it from there.

Thanks, again :)

Hi Sulasno,

I'm using the latest version, 5.0.375.99.

Everything was uninstalled, except my bookmarks, prior to reinstalling.

Went through the bookmarks and found nothing unusual there.

Thanks

I'm getting exactly the same thing when using Firefox, but IE is OK. I've noticed in the loading bar at the bottom of the page it is trying to access some adware and or statistics sites while the thread is loading. Mostly too quick to write down but the main one appears to be whos.amung.us - which appears to be a statistics site?? Tried blocking access to this site with Bitdefender but still have the same problem. Also tried the Control F5, log out, clear cookies and viruus scan as suggested in the Forum Support Desk section - but still get the same thing happening when trying to access TV in Firefox. IE still OK.

Thanks Yotspeed.

I recorded the screen to see exactly when the problem occurs. Looking at the frame shots, I found, at least for me, that each time cdn1.predictad.com began to load, the page would black out. Oddly, it only does that on threads, not on the main forum or when replying.

I'll see if I can block cdn1.predictad and see what happens.

Thanks for the info. :)

Hi Sulasno,

I'm using the latest version, 5.0.375.99.

Everything was uninstalled, except my bookmarks, prior to reinstalling.

Went through the bookmarks and found nothing unusual there.

Thanks

I hope you are running WinXP 'cos I don't have the paths to other OS offhand

Uninstall Chrome

goto C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome

change the folder Chrome to ChromeOld

download a fresh version of Chrome and install it

start visiting this site and when there is no problem,

Copy what you need from ChromeOld to Chrome eg Bookmarks,etc from

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\ChromeOld\User Data\Default

hth

Hoping you techie guys can please help me with Google Chrome.

I'm in Bangkok, I downloaded Google Chrome just today, direct from a google site, therefore I'm assuming it's the latest version.

Early in the download it asks for a language option, I selected English.

But after the download is completed and I click on the shiny new icon on my desktop it's all in Thai script.

Contacted the Google on-line help facility three times. Not helpful.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Thanks

@frodo

since you identified predictat(dot)com to be involved...

As far as I can tell, this website is not referenced from the Thaivisa forum website. Thaivisa loads quite a bit of 'junk' (sorry!) but during my check the mentioned website was not one of them.

A check on WOT and a google search turns out that the website might be related to the distribution of adware or malware. I say 'might' because 'evidence' (well, basically reports on WOT and Google) is not strong. It might be as well a questionable business model.

Check for installed addons and software like Autocomplete Pro, SEO Live YSRank, Autoresponder.

Or just run Malwarebytes, it seems that it will find and remove adware software installed from this website. One of its files even relates to a browser overlay, this is from a scan log I found in a security forum.

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutocompletePro\[email protected]\chrome\content\browserOverlay.xul (Adware.PredictAd) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

My guess is that it is supposed to show you some add, but due to some technical problems its just black ;)

http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100317224407AAAE97k

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t318153.html

welo

Edited by welo

@scorecard

1) Click the wrench icon in the top right

2) Choose the 4th menu option from the bottom (this is the options menu)

3) Choose the second tab on the window which pops up.

4) Click the button in the section second from the bottom (the bottom button)

5) Choose the second tab on this screen

6) Click the button at the bottom of this screen

7) Now you should be able to choose English.

source: http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Chrome/thread?tid=6298d5836fcd7776&hl=en

visual: http://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B8Ha1GyWNEDfZmVkY2UyNzAtNGI5Ny00YTI0LThiMTUtM2I5ZjMwYmIxNDQ5&hl=en_US

next time: just google 'how to change language in chrome' ;)

welo

Thanks for all the responses so far. They've been useful in one way or another.

Sulasno, I am using Win7 pro on a new notebook. I was able to find the path and unsinstall Chrome, cleaned the registry, etc., and reinstalled it again and updated java. Still have the problem though.

Welo, thanks for the link. I installed the malwarebytes and thankfully the system is clean. When I did a clean install of Chrome, I made sure that no extras or addons were installed.

Again, for some reason this is only occurring on individual threads. I did do an inspect element in the blacked out part and found that there is an overlay with the color black enabled. When i disable that, the screen is fine. However, it is only for that particular thread, as the others will continue to do the same.

I don't know enough about scripting and how to fix overlays. Is there a way to preset overlays in Chrome? I have a feeling the problem rests in that area.

Thanks again for all the help and advice. It has been appreciated :)

post-6428-034337000 1279874185_thumb.png

post-6428-039312900 1279874200_thumb.png

Thanks for all the responses so far. They've been useful in one way or another.

Sulasno, I am using Win7 pro on a new notebook. I was able to find the path and unsinstall Chrome, cleaned the registry, etc., and reinstalled it again and updated java. Still have the problem though.

Welo, thanks for the link. I installed the malwarebytes and thankfully the system is clean. When I did a clean install of Chrome, I made sure that no extras or addons were installed.

Again, for some reason this is only occurring on individual threads. I did do an inspect element in the blacked out part and found that there is an overlay with the color black enabled. When i disable that, the screen is fine. However, it is only for that particular thread, as the others will continue to do the same.

I don't know enough about scripting and how to fix overlays. Is there a way to preset overlays in Chrome? I have a feeling the problem rests in that area.

Thanks again for all the help and advice. It has been appreciated :)

Thank you for the information, we are looking into why this is happening for you.

Thanks, bazmlb and Patrick,

I also reported it to Google with a snapshot on their report a bug. Maybe they will look into this as well. Appreciate you looking into this as well, bazmlb.

Patrick, I am using 32-bit. I am also going to check which updates were recently installed from Microsoft. Not sure of that would have an impact with Chrome, but it'll be worth a try.

Thanks again for the help.