New Cheaper 8Gb 3Gs Released In Thailand

nikster

True sent me an email about the iPhone 4 this morning. Couldn't make any sense of it, as they still don't have a release date. Seemed to be just some shiny pages touting the virtues of the i4.

But, apparently, they're now selling the new 8GB iPhone 3GS for 19,000 baht factory unlocked, 18,900 baht if you get a package from True. Prices compare well with others factory unlocked from around the world.

http://iphone.mythailandblog.com/2010/07/the-new-iphone-3gs-8gb-in-thailand/

No antenna problems either ;)

No antenna problems either ;)

oh really...not according to Apples own video they posted on you tube :)

3GS Signal drop

Fascinating. I've never had a problem with my 3GS. But I can 100% reproduce this. If I hold it like they do in the video, I drop from 5 to 1 bars after 10 seconds.

It goes to show then that all phones suffer from this and that antennagate is mostly media hype.

Meanwhile, RIM had all videos which showed the same issue on various BB models pulled...

Just back from HK and i went to the Apple store near the Kowloon Park.

They told me that they will get the Iphone 4 early September for a reasonable price but couldn't not tell me exactly how much. He just confirmed it wont be 14k like the Shopping Malls.

So i have a 2 month Tourist Visa for Thailand now and after i will go back than to HK to by a IPhone 4 there if i don't have any other chance to get it for a good price.

So sad to be in this situation for this phone when 80% of the world just isn't. :(

I don't think the 8GB offers enough bang for the buck for that price. Also a whole 100 Baht discount for a contract is a bit laughable. I am not saying it isn't a good deal for somebody but the 16GB isn't that much more. If I were really squeezed for money maybe I would consider it.

I don't think the 8GB offers enough bang for the buck for that price. Also a whole 100 Baht discount for a contract is a bit laughable. I am not saying it isn't a good deal for somebody but the 16GB isn't that much more. If I were really squeezed for money maybe I would consider it.

1000 baht discount, not 100 ... ;)

Can't make sense of the 3GS website (True... sigh) but I imagine the 1000 Baht rebate is just for signing up, without any commitment to a longer term plan.

Anyway the pricing is just the same as everywhere else. The 3G is dropped, the 3GS 8GB offered instead for the same price the old 3G was, and the iPhone 4 drops into the two price levels previously occupied by the 3GS. They just don't have the i4 yet.

If you think the 3GS 16 GB is a good deal for 5k baht more, wait until they have the iPhone 4 instead - then that's a much better deal. And that's exactly the way it's intended. They want you to think "hey, for just a little extra, I get way more value here" so that you may spend more money. It's just marketing...

I think 8GB is perfectly all right, BTW. I have a 16GB and it's only half full.

Edited by nikster

You'll be able to buy it direct from Apple, they are on the Thai store now but no price as of yet. In Singapore they are $748 direct from Apple or around 17.5k baht

I reckon 8gb is more than enough for a phone and I'll be getting one for sure when I'm in Sg next week

You'll be able to buy it direct from Apple, they are on the Thai store now but no price as of yet. In Singapore they are $748 direct from Apple or around 17.5k baht

I wish that were true but I don't see any evidence for that. All Apple stores have iPhones in them, always had, but in most countries they just tell you where to go and buy it (find a store).

Would be great if they finally got over it and just sold it direct from the Apple store, unlocked.

They are already doing this in the UK right now, and also in Singapore. But not, for example, in HK. We'll see about Thailand.

19,000 - 18,900 is 100 if I am not mistaken.

Yes

And 19,900 - 18,900 is 1,000

I am glad we got those basic math questions out of the way now.

Guys. Decide which one of you have the bigger number in whatever discipline you decide on!

The 3Gs is just a catch up, but a very cool phone for most people around, and if you or your networked people are in the US just pick it up anywhere for around 6,000 baht. I have a couple of them to throw around for the kids. They are cool and you can get on wi-fi anywhere around the school where you pick up your kids if that's your thing, at your local PTT Amazon beverage place etc.

Around 20,000 baht for a phone reminds me of 16 years ago in BKK, when I (not thinking) wanted to buy this cool motorola 5 kilo mobile for around 40,000 baht - what a joker! BTW, I wanted to buy it as my story goes, but I didn't buy it due to a lack of funds. It would have been cool, but also very stupid to buy it - Are we moving towards that stage vis-a-vis Apple models? I don't know, but I like the basics of the 3Gs, so perhaps the iphone4 is as cool, but is it needed? perhaps - I don't know.

• 1 month later...

19,000 - 18,900 is 100 if I am not mistaken.

Yes

And 19,900 - 18,900 is 1,000

I am glad we got those basic math questions out of the way now.

Why dont you just admit you r wrong and did a typ mate your post says 'hey're now selling the new 8GB iPhone 3GS for 19,000 baht factory unlocked, 18,900 baht if you get a package from True.'

So that is a whole 100 baht not 1000