Spotting A Future Expat In Trouble?

TAWP

good girls in this country stick to their man like glue. if ur girl was out there screwing other men, i am not sure if any Thai man would still consider her a "good girl".

Normally religious fanatics don't move to Thailand. Go found a church somewhere and preach for the converted. Is it this hard to imagine people have other values as you. Swinging and stuff like that is quite normal nowadays. Besides look at all the Thais with their mia noi's.

You must be the most boring poster on the world. Like others said you would get the pope to start drinking.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The technical term for these kind of people is, Internet Predators.

Write back and tell him if he contacts your girlfriend again, you will have him traced and report him to the police.

I believe that only goes if they go after children. Not if they flirt with adults else half the male population will be locked up.

So OP caught his girl browsing social sites for other farang and he wants to know what to tell the other guy? weird day.

you've got it totally wrong. The OP just wishes to inform us that random men on the internet find his wife excruciatingly attractive.

if random farang keep "finding" his wife, there is probably a reason for it.

good girls in this country stick to their man like glue. if ur girl was out there screwing other men, i am not sure if any Thai man would still consider her a "good girl".

Normally religious fanatics don't move to Thailand. Go found a church somewhere and preach for the converted. Is it this hard to imagine people have other values as you. Swinging and stuff like that is quite normal nowadays. Besides look at all the Thais with their mia noi's.

I don't think that many Thai men allow their wife to swing. It's more of a one way street. :whistling:

I don't think that many Thai men allow their wife to swing. It's more of a one way street. :whistling:

True.. but that is what i call hypocrite, if i do it she has the same right as me.

If my long term girlfriend put herself on one of those social networking sites as single and not as in a relationship, that would be good enough reason for me to question her motive and suspect that she is still window shopping and our relationship is not conclusive.

Maybe the first thing to do is ask her to change her status on the website or leave it completely.

Call me old fashioned, (OK, you can ), but if a Thai female (married or not) is on the Web talking to farangs, to me it's the same as going into town and seeing my lady sitting in a bar having a cosy chat with a farang and everything that that could lead too. When on the Net reading stuff ones mind isn't a blank, it's working very hard taking in all sorts of stuff. One can talk of trust but l think inevitably one thing leads to another.

my wife is young and the same way. she would never waste time online chatting to random men. i really think OP and robo and some others in this thread are wearing blinders. wake up people.

Yes wake up mr chunky, your so afraid that someone might steal your wife. Maybe your not that good a man if you can't keep her.

Different folks different strokes. I trust my wife 100% and she trusts me. We were in an open relation before meaning i could go out and meet and bed other girls. She could do the same with guys. We did this for a while but in the end it created some problems so we stopped it. I have absolutely full trust in her and I would not lock my wife away from temptation.

Remember when you were a kid (maybe not too hard to remember) forbidden things always tasted better. However if you can do things your less tempted to do so. I could smoke and drink if i wanted and i never touched a cigarette. I might have if my parents made a big deal out of it. Its similar in relations in my view if you worry too much and check too much you either create a feeling of distrust or drive them straight in the arms of an other.

I can only say that you and I are real different, what i have read from your post you are quite boring you don't even let employees get on first name basis with you. You seem to think your always right and everyone has a prostitute wife. Transam on the other hand i like a lot more and he can accept about different folks and different strokes. He is also really knowledgeable about cars. You always talk like you know everything and your way is the right way. But i haven't seen you post anything interesting or displaying knowledge.

Maybe he hides his light under a bushel

Maybe he has hidden depths.

But regardless,

For Chunky: I don't think you're wife is wasting her time chatting to random men. How did you find out about us?

SC

If my long term girlfriend put herself on one of those social networking sites as single and not as in a relationship, that would be good enough reason for me to question her motive and suspect that she is still window shopping and our relationship is not conclusive.

Maybe the first thing to do is ask her to change her status on the website or leave it completely.

It's called "riding a buffalo while searching for a stallion."

You'd be right not to want to be the buffalo.

8>< SNIP NESTED QUOTES DELETED ><8

I thought that was a euphemism for looking both ways

SC

8>< SNIP NESTED QUOTES DELETED ><8

I thought that was a euphemism for looking both ways

SC

I don't know about that. But in Chinese it is often (though not exclusively) used in the context of a job search, as in take the job one can get now even if not ideal and continue searching for something better while at least earning a salary at the less than ideal job.

As an employer, I had had occasion to be both buffalo and stallion from time to time. As employee I had had occasion to ride on both.

From all I've read in these forums, it seems applicable to many a Thai gf. Present company excepted of course.

Edited by Thakkar

So OP caught his girl browsing social sites for other farang and he wants to know what to tell the other guy? weird day.

you've got it totally wrong. The OP just wishes to inform us that random men on the internet find his wife excruciatingly attractive.

While it is true she is, I actually believe he and many others would seek the company of girls newcomers find cute but long-term residents would deem 'not so pretty' and 'bad'. Hence the need to warn him perhaps...or just watch the train-crash happen I guess...

Indeed, luckely that is not an issue for me atleast.

Call me old fashioned, (OK, you can ), but if a Thai female (married or not) is on the Web talking to farangs, to me it's the same as going into town and seeing my lady sitting in a bar having a cosy chat with a farang and everything that that could lead too. When on the Net reading stuff ones mind isn't a blank, it's working very hard taking in all sorts of stuff. One can talk of trust but l think inevitably one thing leads to another.

my wife is young and the same way. she would never waste time online chatting to random men. i really think OP and robo and some others in this thread are wearing blinders. wake up people.

Nice to see that the "my gf is different" club is still thriving.

While it is true she is, I actually believe he and many others would seek the company of girls newcomers find cute but long-term residents would deem 'not so pretty' and 'bad'. Hence the need to warn him perhaps...or just watch the train-crash happen I guess...

so because my wife isn't on a bunch of online social sites searching for farang who keep sending her love letters and messages about wanting to meet, it means that my wife must be ugly? that is some pretty strange logic there.

how is it that you suppose these farang keep managing to find your thai wife's profile?

i find it hard to believe that is random.

she was probably farang hunting before she hooked up with you.

Edited by Chunky1

I can only comment on personal preference but I wouldn't add or converse with any stranger who added me on facebook - male or female, ugly or beautiful. the net is full of weirdos (just take a look here on TV).

if this is not a troll thread, then I think I'd be more concerned as to why your missus is speaking to some random belgian stranger. partly coz he's a bloke coming on to her, partly coz she's lapping it up, but mostly coz he could be a stalking psychopathic freak.

as mentioned previously in this thread, facebook has privacy/control settings so there's no excuse.

Years ago an ex GF of mine used to chat all the time on various sites, one old guy from Norway used to send her 8000 Baht per month, he had never been to Thailand either, just felt that her salary of 8000 Baht was incredibly low so he would send her the same.

Before I met her she told me she had a Farang BF before from USA who had really hurt her, 18 Months she had been with him she said, when she found out that he was going to get married to his GF in USA she was very upset and cut her hair off and didn't eat for a week, I asked her how she had found out about the GF in USA, it was by email, I said " wow he couldn't do it to your face ", how could he she said, he has never actually met her, he has never been to Thailand, it was an internet romance, I was amazed, quite incredible really.

But when I started to get computer savvy myself and had used chatrooms myself, I discovered a whole new world of cyberlove between people who have never actually met in real life, women from poorer countries tend to believe more because its what they want to think is true.

So to suggest that it's all harmless fun is not exactly right, many people take these chatrooms really serious, look at how upset some people get on this Forum.

The guy from Belgium has probably 200 girls that he chats to in Thailand, he will give each of them the same chat up lines, some will fall for it, wanting to believe that he is genuine, where as he just wants sex in Thailand without paying for it, and he'll get it too, I know I have.

It's not unusual. I went to Tokyo for 2 weeks and lined up 4 women to meet whilst I was there, for them they thought I was really looking for romance, for me it was because I wanted sex with J women without paying.

People lie all the time in the real world, so in an anonymous world do you think they suddenly become honest ?

Look at the guys here that claim to have married rich women from overseas universities, it's not just a few, most here claim that they never met their wife or GF in a Bar, yet in the real world I know that most Farangs do just that, so how is it that ThaiVisa members seem to buck the trend, what makes them so different ?

I'll tell you, Anonimity.

I wouldn't worry about the Farang from Belgium, he knows what he's doing.

Even TAWP believes him. rolleyes.gif

Edited by GM1955

Years ago an ex GF of mine used to chat all the time on various sites, one old guy from Norway used to send her 8000 Baht per month, he had never been to Thailand either, just felt that her salary of 8000 Baht was incredibly low so he would send her the same.

Before I met her she told me she had a Farang BF before from USA who had really hurt her, 18 Months she had been with him she said, when she found out that he was going to get married to his GF in USA she was very upset and cut her hair off and didn't eat for a week, I asked her how she had found out about the GF in USA, it was by email, I said " wow he couldn't do it to your face ", how could he she said, he has never actually met her, he has never been to Thailand, it was an internet romance, I was amazed, quite incredible really.

But when I started to get computer savvy myself and had used chatrooms myself, I discovered a whole new world of cyberlove between people who have never actually met in real life, women from poorer countries tend to believe more because its what they want to think is true.

So to suggest that it's all harmless fun is not exactly right, many people take these chatrooms really serious, look at how upset some people get on this Forum.

The guy from Belgium has probably 200 girls that he chats to in Thailand, he will give each of them the same chat up lines, some will fall for it, wanting to believe that he is genuine, where as he just wants sex in Thailand without paying for it, and he'll get it too, I know I have.

It's not unusual. I went to Tokyo for 2 weeks and lined up 4 women to meet whilst I was there, for them they thought I was really looking for romance, for me it was because I wanted sex with J women without paying.

People lie all the time in the real world, so in an anonymous world do you think they suddenly become honest ?

Look at the guys here that claim to have married rich women from overseas universities, it's not just a few, most here claim that they never met their wife or GF in a Bar, yet in the real world I know that most Farangs do just that, so how is it that ThaiVisa members seem to buck the trend, what makes them so different ?

I'll tell you, Anonimity.

I wouldn't worry about the Farang from Belgium, he knows what he's doing.

Even TAWP believes him. rolleyes.gif

You have done a better job than me in my trying to put my point of view in words, but l have been told off by someone about my one liners :huh: .

WE seem to see further down the line, bit like learning to drive, when you are taught to read the road ahead for potential problems but many don't, to busy looking in shop windows.:ermm:

Your version is an option, he could also be gullible. I am quite computer minded visited millions of chatrooms spend many hours a day behind a computer. Internet romances can happen and some work out good. That is how i met my current wife. I met her online in a chat room (not a dating site). We chatted loads of time and then i just came over to visit Thailand and met her. The rest is history.

Have i had multiple online girls at times.. sure.. has she.. sure.. as long as you know and don't believe everything you hear you will be fine. You just have to be smart and see the difference between the real and the fake ones. Then you keep chatting with the one you think is real. I understand that for many older people the internet is still a big scary black box. I however started working with computers when i as 10 or so. I was already on the internet before it was a hype.

I love computers, i love working out love fishing.. 3 totally different kind of hobbies. But good money is to be made if your good with computers.

Just want to make clear that sure there are loads of fakes out there.. but there are genuine people out there too. The Belgian guy could be either one.

Have a look at the new topic ' Be careful what you post '.

I don't care much im open about my life. But you won't see me posting financial data or pin numbers. People are paranoia about new media.

It must be noted that there are plenty of stupid people around posting nud_e pics of themselves. Or guys doing things on webcam forgetting that those things can be recorded. (same goes for girls)

You just have to be sensible about things like this. But with a little good will i could discredit people without them posting bad things. You can pretend to be someone else.. make fake message logs ect. Everything is possible but it would cost a lot of time.

test.jpg

Just an example i know its far from perfect and i hope im not breaking any forum rules else ill delete it. I hope im not making you angry transam. Just trying to get a point across that even if you dont do anything stupid things can be faked.

I did this in 5 minutes and if i wanted i could make it perfect... but did this to make sure nobody would think it was real.

if this is not a troll thread, then I think I'd be more concerned as to why your missus is speaking to some random belgian stranger. partly coz he's a bloke coming on to her, partly coz she's lapping it up, but mostly coz he could be a stalking psychopathic freak.

Recieving one message hardly constitutes as speaking. What is next, a guy looking at your gf in the MRT constitutes snogging?

Lighten up there...

test.jpg

Just an example i know its far from perfect and i hope im not breaking any forum rules else ill delete it. I hope im not making you angry transam. Just trying to get a point across that even if you dont do anything stupid things can be faked.

I did this in 5 minutes and if i wanted i could make it perfect... but did this to make sure nobody would think it was real.

No problem for me as l feel mainly we are all chums enjoying having a chat, of course there are exceptions.

What your last few points have shown makes my points clearer in that there are thousands of weirdo's out there that cannot play out there dodgy fantasies in real face to face life or lack face to face communication confidence that they would not dare put into practise with targets, but they can on sites. Look how these young vulnerable girls in farang land have been enticed into meeting rapists etc via chatting on sites. The word that sums it up is ' vulnerable ', whether young, stupid or easily led into something they never envisaged before.

Blimey, l'm getting old, have real trouble putting in words what l have been trying to say ( ha ha ) but l think you get my point.

I think your overreacting, but sure there are weirdo's around. But not everyone is stupid and most rapes still happen by people you know. Not from strangers on the internet (just to put things back into perspective).

Anyway i like chatting and then meeting, its fun did it many times in the past. Had a lot of fun at those times. I still think its a good way to get into contact with girls.

I even came to know people from Thaivisa, so is that bad too.. knowing people because you seen them on the internet first. I think we just have to accept the internet has expanded our possibilities but we still have to be careful. If i were a girl id have no problems with meeting guys from the internet but first in public places. I don't see much difference with talking to a stranger in a bar.

I do think we are both of a different generation for me this second nature. I might be a bit over the top in my love for computers. But i balance it with working out a lot and fishing.

Think your statement ' over reacting ' is a bit OTT, as you say, we have an age gap, so perhaps in my extra years and brought up in a different environment to today that l look at things in a different way, over cautious perhaps but the world is changing and the younger generation see's things in a totally different light. Agree with the fishing. :)

True the younger generation sees things differently. So in my view your over reacting for you its normal. Just have to accept about different views. But like i also said most rapes happen by people you know that kinda shoots your argument about perverts praying on girls down. I am sure it happens but the other stuff happens a lot more and is more realistic.

Anyway for me my generation and younger internet is perfectly normal as are the facebook and so on (i don't have a facebook because i don't like it).

But i think its just our age gap that makes us see things differently. I hope to go and fish a lot next month. This month only working. Posting this while taking breaks from imput work.

People post stuff for all sorts of reasons. First you have to understand human nature. Many women flirt or intentionally attract attention to themselves for no other reason than it makes them feel powerful. Women with good figures wear bikinis and sexy dresses because they want to be seen. Women flirt for no other reason than to boost their own egos, and very often have no intention of following up on any man who comes a calling. However, it can be a dangerous game if they play it with strangers. Some men are too thick headed to understand it is just a game and will occasionally react with violence. Men have always been easy to manipulate by an attractive women. Certainly some men are wary, but far more aren't, and fall easily for what they WANT to hear... "Oh, you big, strong handsome man. Come save me."

People post stuff for all sorts of reasons. First you have to understand human nature. Many women flirt or intentionally attract attention to themselves for no other reason than it makes them feel powerful. Women with good figures wear bikinis and sexy dresses because they want to be seen. Women flirt for no other reason than to boost their own egos, and very often have no intention of following up on any man who comes a calling. However, it can be a dangerous game if they play it with strangers. Some men are too thick headed to understand it is just a game and will occasionally react with violence. Men have always been easy to manipulate by an attractive women. Certainly some men are wary, but far more aren't, and fall easily for what they WANT to hear... "Oh, you big, strong handsome man. Come save me."

Great Post.

More and more you remind me of an old, wise and fun-loving friend I had.

He sounds hopeless. Good advice would probably have little effect. :blink:

I tend to agree. From the OP it seems the man is old enough to know better, to be a lot more realistic about life and realtionships, but isn't.

Unfortunately there are people (male & female, old & young, educated & uneducated etc.) who never learn.

Sometimes people in every country who are their own worst enemy. What a shame.