Flying Phuket To Uk On Airasia/Airasia X On Flat Bed

Sleesy

Hi All,

Flying on my own back to UK in August...

Just wondered if anyone has done it from Phuket/BKK via KL on Air Asia X Premium Flatbed...

Did u make it ...cos there's only 2 hours at KL between flights (if from Phujet) and I've heard you have to clear customs, pick up bags, check back in etc.

And did you slip off the end of the flat bed ? Or was it OK ?

Ps It's only 520GBP single so maybe worth the Premium budget route to try once ...

Any other tips ...?

Cheers

Sleesy

Immigration lines at the KL LCCT are very chancy. I have been through there twice in the past month and four times this year (that's just the TH->Malaysia part, double that for returning). All have been at the same time, arriving around 11AM. One time had to wait in line just over an hour, another time the wait was about five minutes. Exiting KL the immigration wait was less variable, mostly under 10 minutes. Baggage arrival is reasonably prompt, with the first bags arriving minutes after clearing immigration. Check-in lines can be extremely long, causing huge delay. I use the kiosk check in, which prints your boarding pass and usually no wait in line for that. Then have to dump the bags at the special counter and get your papers checked. That is usually a matter of less than five minutes but last time through (a week ago) this service was suspended and had to wait in regular check-in line.

Departures from HKT have been very much on time and arrivals in KL on time.

Two hour time gap is chancy. Probably work out OK but about 30% chance of buggerup. Better take earlier flight to KL.

Two hour time gap is chancy. Probably work out OK but about 30% chance of buggerup. Better take earlier flight to KL.

Thanks, does sounds chancy, the AirAsia X to UK leaves KL 10.30am with first AirAsia flight arriving 8.30am so no choice there will have to check other airlines,

non-budget don't fly earlier,

will have to look at budget ...

Nope they dont either so I guess the answer is No can do from Phuket unless you overnight in KL

Edited by Sleesy

"Overnight in KL".

KL suburban / city area is quite a drive from the airport, about one hour to the outer suburbs. At peak hour am/pm from the suburbs into the city is a nightmare.

Hotels in the outer suburbs tend to be fairly expensive. One that my company used many times was the Hilton at Petaling Jaya (outer suburb). About three years ago is was aroung US$150- a night. Inner city (not advisable because of traffic jams / unpredictability) a lot more expensive.

Some quick hotel options close to KL International Airport:

- Concord Hotel, right at the Airport, 5 minutes walk - approx 2,100Baht per night

- KLIA Hotel, right at the airport, 5 mnutes walk - approx. 5,308Baht per night (highly overrated hotel)

- Sepang hotel, about 7 kilometres from the airport, 1,580Baht per night. Tranport (taxi) from the airport to Sepang would not be a problem however I would check before booking whether there are local taxis or other transport options to get back to the hotel. If I recall correctly, Sepang is a fairly small rural town.

All of the above gleaned from a very quick google.

Edited by scorecard

"Overnight in KL".

KL suburban / city area is quite a drive from the airport, about one hour to the outer suburbs. At peak hour am/pm from the suburbs into the city is a nightmare.

Hotels in the outer suburbs tend to be fairly expensive. One that my company used many times was the Hilton at Petaling Jaya (outer suburb). About three years ago is was aroung US$150- a night. Inner city (not advisable because of traffic jams / unpredictability) a lot more expensive.

- Concord Hotel, right at the Airport, 5 minutes walk - approx 2,100Baht per night

- KLIA Hotel, right at the airport, 5 mnutes walk - approx. 5,308Baht per night (highly overrated hotel)

- Sepang hotel, about 7 kilometres from the airport, 1,580Baht per night. Tranport (taxi) from the airport to Sepang would not be a problem however I would check before booking whether there are local taxis or other transport options to get back to the hotel. If I recall correctly, Sepang is a fairly small rural town.

The simple hotel solution is to fly into the LCCT the night before, or take the shuttle bus from the "regular" terminal to the LCCT, then stay at the Tune Hotel. Usually costs under 100 MR for a single room. Then just walk to the LCCT (<100 meters) for the Air Asia X flight.

This may be a better deal, Eva Air nonstop.

U 3 Months 22,500

H 1 Month 19,500

http://www.evaair.com/html/b2c/english/deals/Asia/EVAAir_Promotions_Bangkok_London_Last_Minutes

By the way Sleesy, what price did you score on AirAsiaX?

Yeh we fly Eva Evergreen when Lees Jnr was under 2 cos then they give you forward seats with baby cot a quite a good price...

"Overnight in KL".

The simple hotel solution is to fly into the LCCT the night before, or take the shuttle bus from the "regular" terminal to the LCCT, then stay at the Tune Hotel. Usually costs under 100 MR for a single room. Then just walk to the LCCT (<100 meters) for the Air Asia X flight.

Or fly via Bangkok without having to overnight somewhere ....