Ford Canceled My Warrenty

garyk

So what have l learnt from this thread. I have learnt that some will spend a lot of their hard earned cash on a new ride that comes with a 3 year manufacturers warranty and THEN let Joe Bloggs, a garage that dabbles in fixing or fooling around with dozens of makes of vehicle, a ' Jack of all makes, master of none ' to take care of their investment just to save a few baht. Beggars belief.

Main dealer, you will get the correct quality lubricants in your ride, not possibly a cheap oil from a similar can but some will take that risk. One thing l have learnt about LOS is what ever, your car, your wash machine, your bike, Thais will bodge anything, if they can to save THEM from spending money to fix something but take as much as possible from the customer.

Some one says don't have to use original manufacturers parts during warranty, so, Joe Bloggs fits a cheap Chinese rod end, it fails and your family is wiped out and then you can scream but it was under warranty to the manufacturer and they accept responsibility for the Chinese replacement, total tosh.

The lack of understanding that this is Thailand not the west, Thailand, where nothing is straight forward if you have a problem.

People have said, ' oh, l take them to court ', how many out there want to get involved with the Thai legal system, virtually nil.

Your main dealer will fit the best possible parts to protect their product from possible future warranty claims and they want your ride to be reliable for a possible future purchase, hate to disappoint some but Joe Bloggs doesn't give a toss about you or your ride once you left the garage. BUT, l believe he will guarantee his repair till you get to the end of the road.:)

A lot of truth there, :thumbsup:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now the book here says the same thing. But the Thai laws do not protect you what so ever in my opinion. I think I could get it reversed but I have 50,000 KM's on the clock and it is a 2008 model ford ranger( I bought it new in 2009 a hold over from the previous year). If I have serious problems with it i will complain or even hire a lawyer. But it is not worth it now. 1000 baht and fixed. My gripe is with the franchise people who sell ford here. It is like everything elese here. There are no rules to go by. Everyone makes up there own. I still think it is a banana republic and has a long way to go.

Hopefully after reading this cautionary tale folks on this board will vote with their wallets & NEVER BUY A FORD PRODUCT.

Banana car company. Their styling sux anyway.

Now the book here says the same thing. But the Thai laws do not protect you what so ever in my opinion. I think I could get it reversed but I have 50,000 KM's on the clock and it is a 2008 model ford ranger( I bought it new in 2009 a hold over from the previous year). If I have serious problems with it i will complain or even hire a lawyer. But it is not worth it now. 1000 baht and fixed. My gripe is with the franchise people who sell ford here. It is like everything elese here. There are no rules to go by. Everyone makes up there own. I still think it is a banana republic and has a long way to go.

Hopefully after reading this cautionary tale folks on this board will vote with their wallets & NEVER BUY A FORD PRODUCT.

Toyota isn't better and by the way in my opinion Toyotas and Honda Styling sucks. Their ugly cars look so boring.......

I own a Ford Wild Track 4 door automatic "Pick". I know it have a 4 potter diesel, but it look at least like a american Pick, not like a asian one.

I can understand what the sales person did wrong but I do not see what Ford as a company has done wrong - They are doing what is standard and common knowledge in Thailand

Hi

I think its normal everywhere in the world that you have your car serviced with Ford (if you buy a Ford) yes? no? :o

I beleive now in the UK you can have your vehicle serviced by an independent dealer providing they are VAT registered and use the manufacturers parts in doing so without voiding the warranty. Also i don't know if the law there that also protects you if you modify the vehicle ie tune the engine then the warranty is voided on that and any part directly connected to it, but parts that are not like the air con blower etc are still covered. I presume in Thailand all the under three year old vehicles running around on non manufacturer aftermarket wheels have technically voided their warranty.

No you dont have to use manufaturers parts.

In Thailand you have to use manufacturers parts or you void your warranty, which country are you talking about?

Edit: corrected spelling mistake

The same country that has SpecSavers blink.gif.

This topic has gotten so far off the OP it's almost laughable. The guy was misrepresented by the salesman, he was no where near the original dealership for service and was forced to use someone else for regular vehicle maintenance rather then let that lapse too. He has given the vehicle proper service by others with documents to prove such which is legitimate in any civilized country and an accepted practice. His warranty was voided by a spiteful, dishonest dealership for something completely unrelated to his original problem and there is no defense for the actions of a dishonest, scum bag dealership who probably misrepresented that to Ford too and now won't even back up the tactics of their salesman, end of story, TIT..

All the other discussion is basically just argumentative tripe and irrelevant to the OP as stated and his circumstances..

Edited by WarpSpeed

This topic has gotten so far off the OP it's almost laughable. The guy was misrepresented by the salesman, he was no where near the original dealership for service and was forced to use someone else for regular vehicle maintenance rather then let that lapse too. He has given the vehicle proper service by others with documents to prove such which is legitimate in any civilized country and an accepted practice. His warranty was voided by a spiteful, dishonest dealership for something completely unrelated to his original problem and there is no defense for the actions of a dishonest, scum bag dealership who probably misrepresented that to Ford too and now won't even back up the tactics of their salesman, end of story, TIT..

All the other discussion is basically just argumentative tripe and irrelevant to the OP as stated and his circumstances..

Warpspeed, it surprises me that you call all Scandinavian countries un-civilised.

Please apologise or go home to the country you came from

<quote name='HDRIDER' timestamp='1279788426' post='3765705'>

Hi

I think its normal everywhere in the world that you have your car serviced with Ford (if you buy a Ford) yes? no? :o</quote>

I beleive now in the UK you can have your vehicle serviced by an independent dealer providing they are VAT registered and use the manufacturers parts in doing so without voiding the warranty. Also i don't know if the law there that also protects you if you modify the vehicle ie tune the engine then the warranty is voided on that and any part directly connected to it, but parts that are not like the air con blower etc are still covered. I presume in Thailand all the under three year old vehicles running around on non manufacturer aftermarket wheels have technically voided their warranty.

No you dont have to use manufaturers parts.

In Thailand you have to use manufacturers parts or you void your warranty, which country are you talking about?

Edit: corrected spelling mistake

The same country that has SpecSavers blink.gif

Oscar Wilde once wrote - Women are meant to be loved, not understood. Agree, women are most of the time incomphrehensible, as is the meaning of the last post by kartman. Or maybe it's me who is thick.

I really try but I still don't understand, care to elaborate?

Edited by MikeyIdea

Blimey, the point is that you violated the service requirement by having the service performed by an unauthorized mechanic. After sales service is a major factor in dealership revenues it would be crazy for them to allow unauthorized backwards mechanic in a two bit filling station using unauthorized oils and parts. These are not morons you are dealing with. rolleyes.gif

And just how do you know all that?

I find it just as likely (actually rather more, to be honest) that in 50,000 kms and up to two years it is quite likely that he would have been relatively near a Ford dealer at least once around service time but he simply couldn't be bothered, ever, until something finally went wrong when he somehow found himself near a Ford dealership for the first time; that he never had the vehicle serviced properly and had nothing genuine to prove that he had, possibly beyond receipts for oil changes; that he was told by the original dealer that he could have the vehicle serviced "anywhere" meaning any Ford dealer or anyone qualified, but he either didn't understand this or interpreted it to suit himself; that his warranty was voided perfectly reasonably because he had not fulfilled any of the conditions of the warranty or even made a reasonable effort to do so; that he has made no effort to take his case further up the chain with Ford, preferring instead to blacken their name here, with little justification.

I don't know any of that - I am just using the limited imagination I have.

I agree with Warpspeed's summary.

However the thread has raised a coupleof other related issues.

One being is it required by law?

Well, it would make sense USUALLY totake your vehicle to a company agent for service

Does the Ford contract stipulate this?Maybe – not clear.

Even if it does would this stand up inlaw? – probably not – not even in Thailand.

Some posters seem to just naturallyassume that because it is the usual thing to it must be enshrined inlaw – also they assume that if it says so in a contract it must be legal – neither of which necessarily follow on.

Warpy, sorry to carry it on a bit but l still can't believe your post. As your an established racer and if a guy comes to you to set up his motor to your specs and pays you. He goes away and lets some guy fool with it and then has a failure. The guy comes back to you saying your set up failed, fix it. You see some other has messed with it, what do you do. Ask if he has a paper with a stamp on it or tell him he should have brought it back to you and so to bugger off . ? Please don't answer it wouldn't go wrong, just what would you do. Think/hope you might see my drift.

No need to apologise, I can understand the urge. In my opinion, Warpspeed doesn't even seem to know in which country he woke up this morning :lol:

Warpy, sorry to carry it on a bit but l still can't believe your post. As your an established racer and if a guy comes to you to set up his motor to your specs and pays you. He goes away and lets some guy fool with it and then has a failure. The guy comes back to you saying your set up failed, fix it. You see some other has messed with it, what do you do. Ask if he has a paper with a stamp on it or tell him he should have brought it back to you and so to bugger off . ? Please don't answer it wouldn't go wrong, just what would you do. Think/hope you might see my drift.

"Some fool" -nobody is suggesting that you let a fool do it! - you don't need to be a dealership to be competent. In fact it sometimes is better not to be - what if "an established racer" serviced my car?

Transam give up, they cant see it, let them go to the cheap Charlie guy and have it fixed and then complain after it goes wrong

Transam see it from the bright side. At least you know which country you wake up in every morning :)

You're beginning to come round.

No-one has suggested that substandard work is acceptable. Thy are suggesting Ford aren't the only people who can o the work.

According to the OP there was no substandard work they company's contention was that ANY work by anther company would VIOD the warranty. As the warranty covers many aspects even if there is a problem it would seem inappropriate to void the whole warranty anyway.

We are saying that you should, and probably do have the right to get it done by whoever is competent regardless of who they are.

If they fuc_k the car up, they would be liable in more or less exactly the same way Ford would be if they fuc_ked your car up.Admittedly it is likely to be easier getting Ford to put something straight - but an exclusive deal with Ford is both unnecessary and against fair trade.

The problem the OP had was with a part not even associated with regular servicing - Ford just used this as a get out for any future claims. In most countries they couldn't or wouldn't do this - in Thailand whether it is legal or not they think they can get away with it - I think the reality is that they can't or won't

Warpspeed, it surprises me that you call all Scandinavian countries un-civilised.

First off you have no business telling me what to do. Secondly this is Thailand in case you'd forgotten so where I live has nothing to do with Scandinavian countries nor do you have any clue whether or not I live in my home country or not? So quite a foolish comment from you.. But bottom line if Scandinavian countries have such policies in place then that places them squarely in the class with Thailand in terms of uncivilized countries IMO.. Maybe time for them to move into the 21st century with the rest of us..

And just how do you know all that?

Because I can read and comprehend, how is it that you don't?? It's in the OP..

No need to apologise, I can understand the urge. In my opinion, Warpspeed doesn't even seem to know in which country he woke up this morning :lol:

Moreover you don't have a clue what country I woke up in this morning or any morning for that matter...... :clap2::cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Transam give up, they cant see it, let them go to the cheap Charlie guy and have it fixed and then complain after it goes wrong

No you can't see it, I've owned plenty enough new cars to know what my rights are when I own it under warranty so if you want to be a fool and ASS-U-ME that you have only to deal with the stealership (sorry Daewoo I had to plagiarize your post for that and use it again) then that's up to you but it isn't a fact..

I bought a brand new Dodge Daytona TurboZ when I was in my early 20's, it had been dropped off the back of the auto transport and then repaired and sold as new. How I found it had been dropped was that I was competing in a track sport called autocrossing on occasional weekends which was the very same thing they advertised the car could do so well on TV, at that time this car was Dodges Vette though no where the same in performance nor cost, it was the sportiest thing they offered.

This type of competition was for time only through various maneuvers on a track and really did no harm to the car only putting it through it's paces. In the first month I owned it, 2 weekends in a row only weeks apart the right front drive shaft snapped the outer CV and the axle (prop shaft to you Brits) dropped right out on the ground.

This era was during the first fuel crisis so Dodge was downsizing and learning some hard lessons about producing power from turbos while providing a strong enough drive train to support it especially with 225/50/15 tires on all corners and FWD..

After I had my car towed back to the original dealer of purchase which is what the warranty book told me to do they tried to reimburse me only $25 on a $100 dollar towing bill saying I should have towed it to more local dealer in essence jerking me around as the owners manual warranty book contradicted that statement.. I argued that point and made it clear i would get the manufacturer involved and since they are licensed by a given manufacturer to sell and not entitled to do so, so bad reports are no good for their relationship so they relented and finally compensated me full reimbursement but if it was any one of you I'd gotten screwed..

Then the matter of the CV came into play, they kept my car for 2 weeks the first time trying to figure why it was snapping them when run into tight corners and then dropping them onto the ground as it did it twice while they had it. Bottom line, apparently even though they actually knew why, they couldn't resolve the problem but in their mind they got it to hold together long enough for their satisfaction and gave it back to me and then another week later at another event it snapped again leaving me stranded.

This time they tried to void my warranty for doing with the car what they had actually advertised it to do and I made it clear I didn't purchase an Aries K car which was the same basic chassis but the grocery getter version not the sported up performance version, but the real reason was clear the knew the car had been hit and there were clues initially but being young and my first new car I overlooked them but later it was clear what had happened after more investigation.

Once I was certain, I took it to a well known chassis specialist shop with measuring equipment and irrefutable experience, they found it to be a full 3/4" further forward on the right side then the left and 1.5 inches higher on that side which is a massive misalignment when mils make a huge difference clearly demonstrating that it had been dropped from some elevation onto one corner and why it had been snapping CV's not my competitions. When I confronted them with this info and official documents provided by another shop and threatened a lawsuit suddenly they were kissing my posterior as they should have been from day one but they were too busy trying to be scumbags and if I buckled under like you I'd still be stuck with that POS but instead got a brand new one in exchange in less then a week and a 10,000 dollar settlement check without even contacting a lawyer. I never had another issue with my competing in these events and won 3 consecutive state and regional class championships in that car as well as voted driver of the year by my peers which is by far my most humbling award of many to date to reinforce I had made the right choice in cars just the wrong choice in dealers.....

So need to dictate to me what is my rights and what isn't where stealerships (Daewoo it's said that imitation is the best form of flattery)are concerned. Bottom line is they have a reputation to uphold with the manufacturer and if you believe that the manufacturer knows or condones every cheap trick a dealer tries to pull to sell their cars or dodge supporting them (no pun intended)you're a fool in doing so as they can't know and don't know unless customers complain and inform and they want you to do that as their eyes and ears so don't hesitate. Not all are crooks all the time and certainly now they can't afford to be one at the moment, sales and good customers are too far and few between...

Edited by WarpSpeed

First off you have no business telling me what to do. Secondly this is Thailand in case you'd forgotten so where I live has nothing to do with Scandinavian countries nor do you have any clue whether or not I live in my home country or not? So quite a foolish comment from you.. But bottom line if Scandinavian countries have such policies in place then that places them squarely in the class with Thailand in terms of uncivilized countries IMO.. Maybe time for them to move into the 21st century with the rest of us..

Warpspeed, was that an apology for calling Scandinavian countries un-civilised? :whistling:

Moreover you don't have a clue what country I woke up in this morning or any morning for that matter...... :clap2::cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Warpspeed has revealed his secret, it isn't Thailand but yet he has opinions on what he thinks is the norm here :rolleyes:

Warpspeed, was that an apology for calling Scandinavian countries un-civilised? :whistling:

Still having comprehension problems I see.. What do I have to apologize about?? Telling it like it apparently is according to you?? I have been there though it does border on third world in many ways..

Warpspeed has revealed his secret, it isn't Thailand but yet he has opinions on what he thinks is the norm here :rolleyes:

Have I?? You're still tripping on your challenged intellect in that case..

No you can't see it, I've owned plenty enough new cars to know what my rights are when I own it under warranty so if you want to be a fool and ASS-U-ME that you have only to deal with the stealership (sorry Daewoo I had to plagiarize your post for that and use it again) then that's up to you but it isn't a fact..

I bought a brand new Dodge Daytona TurboZ when I was in my early 20's, it had been dropped off the back of the auto transport and then repaired and sold as new. How I found it had been dropped was that I was competing in a track sport called autocrossing on occasional weekends which was the very same thing they advertised the car could do so well on TV, at that time this car was Dodges Vette though no where the same in performance nor cost, it was the sportiest thing they offered.

This type of competition was for time only through various maneuvers on a track and really did no harm to the car only putting it through it's paces. In the first month I owned it, 2 weekends in a row only weeks apart the right front drive shaft snapped the outer CV and the axle (prop shaft to you Brits) dropped right out on the ground.

This era was during the first fuel crisis so Dodge was downsizing and learning some hard lessons about producing power from turbos while providing a strong enough drive train to support it especially with 225/50/15 tires on all corners and FWD..

After I had my car towed back to the original dealer of purchase which is what the warranty book told me to do they tried to reimburse me only $25 on a $100 dollar towing bill saying I should have towed it to more local dealer in essence jerking me around as the owners manual warranty book contradicted that statement.. I argued that point and made it clear i would get the manufacturer involved and since they are licensed by a given manufacturer to sell and not entitled to do so, so bad reports are no good for their relationship so they relented and finally compensated me full reimbursement but if it was any one of you I'd gotten screwed..

Then the matter of the CV came into play, they kept my car for 2 weeks the first time trying to figure why it was snapping them when run into tight corners and then dropping them onto the ground as it did it twice while they had it. Bottom line, apparently even though they actually knew why, they couldn't resolve the problem but in their mind they got it to hold together long enough for their satisfaction and gave it back to me and then another week later at another event it snapped again leaving me stranded.

This time they tried to void my warranty for doing with the car what they had actually advertised it to do and I made it clear I didn't purchase an Aries K car which was the same basic chassis but the grocery getter version not the sported up performance version, but the real reason was clear the knew the car had been hit and there were clues initially but being young and my first new car I overlooked them but later it was clear what had happened after more investigation.

Once I was certain, I took it to a well known chassis specialist shop with measuring equipment and irrefutable experience, they found it to be a full 3/4" further forward on the right side then the left and 1.5 inches higher on that side which is a massive misalignment when mils make a huge difference clearly demonstrating that it had been dropped from some elevation onto one corner and why it had been snapping CV's not my competitions. When I confronted them with this info and official documents provided by another shop and threatened a lawsuit suddenly they were kissing my posterior as they should have been from day one but they were too busy trying to be scumbags and if I buckled under like you I'd still be stuck with that POS but instead got a brand new one in exchange in less then a week and a 10,000 dollar settlement check without even contacting a lawyer. I never had another issue with my competing in these events and won 3 consecutive state and regional class championships in that car as well as voted driver of the year by my peers which is by far my most humbling award of many to date to reinforce I had made the right choice in cars just the wrong choice in dealers.....

So need to dictate to me what is my rights and what isn't where stealerships (Daewoo it's said that imitation is the best form of flattery)are concerned. Bottom line is they have a reputation to uphold with the manufacturer and if you believe that the manufacturer knows or condones every cheap trick a dealer tries to pull to sell their cars or dodge supporting them (no pun intended)you're a fool in doing so as they can't know and don't know unless customers complain and inform and they want you to do that as their eyes and ears so don't hesitate. Not all are crooks all the time and certainly now they can't afford to be one at the moment, sales and good customers are too far and few between...

Blimey warpy, l read all that and it's got sod all to do with Thailand. :crying:

Not surprising at all, just like you to miss the point entirely... Jai yen yen...

Bet he double parks eh. :cheesy:

:crazy::blink: I guess there's an attempted joke or poke in there somewhere?? With blinkers like you have I think it's more likely you get double priced a lot..... :cheesy:

The point being that people have been telling me how things are so much different here then anywhere else ever since I arrived and that's just a way to throw ones arms up and throw in the towel without trying but it doesn't really apply especially in the case of multinational western companies such as Ford where they have a larger reputation to uphold then just little old Thailand. I've been doing what I've been told I couldn't ever since I got here all within the law and on the up and up and most of it is quite like other countries but that Thai's will tell you different because it requires them to do more and try harder which they feel isn't in their best interest most of the time.. They suffer from megalomania and self serving accomplishments only, and a child needs to be led by the hand on most occasions.. Just like he was given incorrect info from the sales man and many have told him he should have not believed them the same applies to the rest of you who believe what you've been told by the same sources who are no better informed then he was..

Hel_l!! I saw a post on another channel where a guy was told in an outlying province that farang could not get a 5 year license "no way" and yet I have one as do countless others so he had to get it in Bangkok and had the supervisor of the Bangkok office call and correct his subordinates who claimed they never got the "memo" :rolleyes: . If they can't even get uniformity on such an important law that has been in effect for at a minimum the last 5 years and even longer is likely then how can you trust any "mai dai" or "mai me" you get from anyone here?? I never do and I get the results I seek in the end......

Edited by WarpSpeed

Bet he double parks eh. :cheesy:

:crazy::blink: I guess there's an attempted joke or poke in there somewhere?? With blinkers like you have I think it's more likely you get double priced a lot..... :cheesy:

The point being that people have been telling me how things are so much different here then anywhere else ever since I arrived and that's just a way to throw ones arms up and throw in the towel without trying but it doesn't really apply especially in the case of multinational western companies such as Ford where they have a larger reputation to uphold then just little old Thailand. I've been doing what I've been told I couldn't ever since I got here all within the law and on the up and up and most of it is quite like other countries but that Thai's will tell you different because it requires them to do more and try harder which they feel isn't in their best interest most of the time.. They suffer from megalomania and self serving accomplishments only, and a child needs to be led by the hand on most occasions.. Just like he was given incorrect info from the sales man and many have told him he should have not believed them the same applies to the rest of you who believe what you've been told by the same sources who are no better informed then he was..

Hel_l!! I saw a post on another channel where a guy was told in an outlying province that farang could not get a 5 year license "no way" and yet I have one as do countless others so he had to get it in Bangkok and had the supervisor of the Bangkok office call and correct his subordinates who claimed they never got the "memo" :rolleyes: . If they can't even get uniformity on such an important law that has been in effect for at a minimum the last 5 years and even longer is likely then how can you trust any "mai dai" or "mai me" you get from anyone here?? I never do and I get the results I seek in the end......

A clear improvement and a personal record Warpspeed, you write Thailand once and Thai's once in the same post... And 2 Bangkok, wow :)

Did you come to Thailand to change the Thai's to drive on the other side of the road too? :cheesy: