Mirror'S Right Position

danielrzg

Hi everyone, this may sound as a silly question at first but,

I just bought my CBR 150 two days ago, and rode it for the first time (very first time on riding a CBR 150 for me) all the way from the bike shop to my town.

I noticed that the mirrors weren't placed in a good angle that could provide me a good rear view, so I adjusted them a little further out from the bike and tried riding again.

The rear view was little better but still my arms were blocking most of it. I would have to lift my arms up to be able to see a car coming behind me.

So here goes the question.. Is it normal to have only a partial view of the rear through the mirrors or am I the one who is not getting it right when adjusting their position?!

Thanks for now :)

The bike was designed for much smaller people. Try pushing the mirrors even further forward. I have mine farther forward than most people, but it does give me a little better view. It is still partially obstructed though. I can tuck the elbow to look before I change lanes. I also put the little small mirrors in the corners which helps see the small Thai guy hiding behind you in the dead spot.

Get mirrors with longer stalks..

I actually bought some bar end mirrors, assumed they would be gimmicky but liked the look.. But dam_n if they are not a great clear view, as they are so wide out.. Only problem is they would hamper city lane slicing and make me nervous if cutting traffic quick.

Many motorcycle mirrors are worthless, especially sportbike ones.

If you go to a bikeshow or dealer, just sit on them all and you'll realize that mirrors are not high on the list of design priorities when you're trying to sell something that looks fast.

Useful mirrors would all be over a foot away from the fairing, but then the bike would look goofy and no one would buy it.

Only bikes that don't have to look sleek and fast seem to have useful mirrors.

Strange I just sat on a 150 and I can see OK. The mirrors are about 550mm centre to centre. On my bike they are 640-ish. On the 150 they are simply attached with a "std" threaded rod so as has been said look at all other bikes and see if the mirror stalk is longer. OR you could remount them further out on the fairing and look below the bars.

Have you thought about going back to the dealer? Maybe one of the mechanics will know if another model of bike has longer mirrors. Or you can do what ALL the cool.gifguys do in Indonesia, remove the mirrors. They are only for womenlaugh.gif

Edited by VocalNeal

........ Or you can do what ALL the cool.gifguys do in Indonesia, remove the mirrors. They are only for womenlaugh.gif

That would be another 200 baht for the BiB, as it is illegal to ride a bike with no r/h mirror - even though its quite legal to adjust them "Thai style", so you can admire yourself as you are driving. Apparently it works best if you just swop the mirrors over, so they both point to the middle!

The gagets are Ok if you like but all sports type bikes require you to move your arms to glance but "seedy" is right I never rely on my mirror alone. Any advanced motorcycle rider would tell you that as well.

........ Or you can do what ALL the cool.gifguys do in Indonesia, remove the mirrors. They are only for womenlaugh.gif

That would be another 200 baht for the BiB, as it is illegal to ride a bike with no r/h mirror - even though its quite legal to adjust them "Thai style", so you can admire yourself as you are driving. Apparently it works best if you just swop the mirrors over, so they both point to the middle!

John,

Like it is illegal to ride in Indo without a helmet but a construction hard hat with no strap is considered OK.rolleyes.gif

If you want to be safe, do a shoulder check. You will be surprised what you see that is invisible in a mirror.

I agree Seedy. But I have limited neck articulation which limits how far I can turn my head. Oh to be young and in perfect health! ;)