Joint Uk Settlement Visa Applications

Hi All,

Just wondered if two applications are submitted at the same time does the application take longer to process than a single spouse application, or not necessarily so? (i.e. each application is different). I take it that in such an instance much of the work carried out in determining to issue the spouse visa would be relevant to issuing the child visa, therefore I would hope it wouldn't take too much longer. Ideally, of course I was hoping it would take the same amount of time as just the spouse, but I realise this is perhaps wishful thinking! ;-)

For instance, in my case my wife and her son's applications were submitted at the same time.

I apologise if this has already been covered elsewhere but I did do a search and it didn't reveal anything so please feel free to close thread and re-direct if this repeats another.

Thanks guys and keep up the good work.

Applications are assessed individually, and for various reasons some may take longer than others. So, although general processing times can be a useful indication, there is no guarantee that any one application will fall within the average.

Parent and child applications are assessed together, and should not take any longer than a single application. As explained to me by an ECO, albeit 10 years ago, they basically assess the parent's application and if they are successful, the child will be too; provided there is adequate maintenance and accommodation for them both and the sole responsibility criterion is satisfied.

Establishing sole responsibility may delay things if there is an element of doubt in that area; but if parent and child are applying together and have been living together for some time prior to the application this should be a formality.

It is usually only when parent and child have been living apart that parental responsibility may become an issue.

Edit;

I see that you have asked this before, but I missed it: apologies.

Edited by 7by7