Its Official: Pattaya Is Now Cool

andyww

Could these visitors that the TAT keep not be counting people who work in Pattaya

coming and going from Pattaya and considering them as visitors.............

Anyway hardly seen many of these Thai holiday makers in all the things I have done in

Pattaya and NO before someone mentons I did not spend all my time in a bar.

Maybe they just visit Pattaya and stay in there hotels there whole trip.

Like I said before, head to beach road early. 8am or so. And you will see bus loads heading out to the boats. They come back to the Bali Hai pier and hop on their bus and either back to Bangkok or off to a hotel on 3rd road or somewhere like that. They are use to walking street stuff, so no interest to them. As most of us know, what is SEEN in Thailand, is only the tip of the iceburg here. Thais have their own places to visit...

Could these visitors that the TAT keep not be counting people who work in Pattaya

Anyway hardly seen many of these Thai holiday makers in all the things I have done in

Not sure of the TAT methodology to be fair. I think they can gather information from Immigration by using foreign arrivals cards, flight operators, plus they can gather visitor information from hotels etc. With regard to Thai's however, how would you distinguish a Thai holidaymaker from a local resident? In most cases you cannot, therefore they go largely unseen by the western eye. Anyway, whats wrong with spending the whole time in the pub? :)

If you want to see just how vast the numbers of Thai Tourists here are, just pop along to the Floating Market, Nong Nooch, Silverlake, Wat Yan etc. etc. any day of the week and you will see. They too - just like you, dont spend all their time in bars!

If you want to see just how vast the numbers of Thai Tourists here are, just pop along to the Floating Market, Nong Nooch, Silverlake, Wat Yan etc. etc. any day of the week and you will see. They too - just like you, dont spend all their time in bars!

Dang...forgot about those areas. Packed on the weekends for sure! I live just past the Floating Market...weekends are a zoo there....

I live on Beach road in Central Pattaya.

I have traveled a lot and I do not know one place in the world where you have so much entertainment in walking distance.

From my condo, I can walk 5 min to go to see a Movie (I saw Despicable me in 3D yesterday), find huge restaurants and food courts (Central Festival Mall), go to the beach or take a boat to the Island, find a girl for 500 baths on the beach, or 1000 baths on 2nd road bars, 10 min from walking street, and I do not mention DHL, post offices, copyshops, massage shops, 7/11, Big C, Home Works, Carrefour etc. etc. etc.

All at walking distance!!!

Forget Miami Beach, The French Riviera, Greece, Spain, Cuba and Barbados, Cancun and everything else.

Central Pattaya is not the place to rise a family, but it is definitively one of the best entertaining beach city in the World! You can relax, do nothing or f.ck all day it is your choice. You can't do that in BK where you need to take the transports for anything.:blink:

Dang...forgot about those areas. Packed on the weekends for sure! I live just past the Floating Market...weekends are a zoo there....

Yup, they're in the hotels, guest-houses and the tourist spots as mentioned above, but mainly they are on the beaches and as the sun goes down, in the restaurants.

You won't see too many Thai tourists in Walking Street, the bars or the stores.