Puppies

Thomas_Merton

Anyone experience with puppies (14 weeks) and eye infection, in LOS?

This is not your average soi dog, but a pedigree labradour, who has had all the necessary preventative injections.

Not experienced in Thailand but we had a pedigree lab pup who had an eye infection took him straight to the vets, vet gave him an injection and a course of antibiotics you put in his food. I would get him to the vet asap. There is an animal hospital in bkk cant remember the name but i am sure someone knows it. :o

This is not your average soi dog, but a pedigree labradour, who has had all the necessary preventative injections.

Not experienced in Thailand but we had a pedigree lab pup who had an eye infection took him straight to the vets, vet gave him an injection and a course of antibiotics you put in his food. I would get him to the vet asap. There is an animal hospital in bkk cant remember the name but i am sure someone knows it. :o

Got an appointment in 3 hours - just wondering if there is anything we can do while we wait.

could u tell me more bout detail please? i think i can help u .

for common bacterial infection , u can try u use antibiotic eyes drop (as gentamycin) and dont use the one that it has storiod inside.. coz its make the corneal ulcer worse..(in case that pup has a small wound inside)

for eyes drop, u can use human product , drop every 1-3 hrs

Bambi :o

ps.. u'd flush eyes with some solution as boric acid 2% or normal saline be4 drop,

Edited by BambinA

could u tell me more bout detail please? i think i can help u .

for common bacterial infection , u can try u use antibiotic eyes drop (as gentamycin) and dont use the one that it has storiod inside.. coz its make the corneal ulcer worse..(in case that pup has a small wound inside)

for eyes drop, u can use human product , drop every 1-3 hrs

ps.. u'd flush eyes with some solution as boric acid 2% or normal saline be4 drop,

Thanks,

I'll probably try the boric acid or the saline solution until we see the vet.

I've heard that camomile tea bathed on the eyes could give a soothing effect and beneficial help - any opinions?

Thanks,

I'll probably try the boric acid or the saline solution until we see the vet.

I've heard that camomile tea bathed on the eyes could give a soothing effect and beneficial help - any opinions?

you 're welcome

about "camomile tea bathed on the eyes " .. i've never heard b4..but i think its not sterile enough .. maybe just boric acid or NSS is the best choice

Bambi

this is a stuff that your vet will do today

1 deworming

2 eye dressing - antibiotic eye drop as gentamycin ,chrloramphenical oint or terramycin ( IMHO..if your dog has too much eye discharge,..better use eyes drop solution)

- eye cleansing solution as boric acid /NSS

3 antibiotic (p/o) -as amoxycillin ,sulfa-trimethoprim (but i think its not necessory for common conjuctivitis)

for vaccine..we will do it when puppy is healthy ..so i think your vet'd not do it today

PS1 .. i dont talk about Canine Distemper that have 3 system infected .. nervous sys /respiratory /GI .. dog can have conjuctivitis also

ps2.. just take its easy .. i think its just common conj

ps3 .. i just predict..coz i hve never seen your pup

ps4..Good luck ka

in LOS

This is the catch all. Append this to the end of any query.

What do you think of Hartlepool's chances of promotion, in LOS?

Here is a photo of a decomposing senior citizen. What do you think, in LOS?

Here, neither the puppies (which i'm sure are delighful, albeit with their ocular suppurations), nor the owner, nor the vet are within 5000 miles of LOS, so its rather perplexing.

moog, you are not right about your last post and should retact your statement as I can guarentee the vet is in LOS. So better get a grip before posting crappe that's not true.

What does this other stuff have to do with this thread?: What do you think of Hartlepool's chances of promotion, in LOS?

Here is a photo of a decomposing senior citizen. What do you think, in LOS?

Edited by Kringle

Just an update:

It appears the pup has been bitten by a wasp or a bee. The whole head was swollen, making the eyes close.

The vet has given a cortezon injection and already there appears to be an improvement.

To Moog:

You yet again prove how little you know.

One day, hopefully, you will learn that cynicism is a sign of an unfulfilled life.

But then that requires greater self knowledge and considerably more restraint than you have yet to demonstrate on this forum.

To Moog:

One day, hopefully, you will learn that cynicism is a sign of an unfulfilled life.

But then that requires greater self knowledge and considerably more restraint than you have yet to demonstrate on this forum

I'm happy that Martin's pets are better, but what does any of this puppy drama have to do with Thailand?

To Moog:

But then that requires greater self knowledge and considerably more restraint than you have yet to demonstrate on this forum

I'm happy that Martin's pets are better, but what does any of this puppy drama have to do with Thailand?

Just to shut you up - an impossibility I know - in Suwankolok, or rather on a farm 5Ks from Suwankolok, lives my farther-in-law, who was the recipient on his last birthday of a pedigree labradour pup (not the cat we had planned); this pup was stung yesterday by a wasp or a bee; my wife was talking to her mother on the telephone, when Ma remarked that the dog's eyes were closed by some infection; TM reacted as he did.

Now before the cynic in you accuses me of "protesting too much", perhaps you better concentrate your valuable time on trying to be the first to warn us of the next earthquake - if you wish to be remembered as a man who made at least one useful posting on Thaivisa - rather than displaying these stupid resentments.

The doggy is a Thai doggy,

Please proceed  :D

ps How are you dealing with the rat poison that Thais liberally sprinkle? They're pretty ruthless about this matter, they don't care about other people's pets.

The_Moog > :o

Khun TM , congrats that your pup is ok now..

Bambi :D