Visa +++++

I posted a question or two in the Chiang Mai forum under visa+++++ and after 4 hour's and 70+ view's no reply's Ive just told them they are a brain dead lot. So dont let me down. I want to know amongst other thing's where the nearest border was to C/M to do a visa run. Dont let me down as I told them Id let them know how long it take's me to get a reply. From you lot 900klm away. By all mean's let them know yourself if you want. Let's see who the brain dead are.

I posted a question or two in the Chiang Mai forum under visa+++++ and after 4 hour's and 70+ view's no reply's Ive just told them they are a brain dead lot. So dont let me down. I want to know amongst other thing's where the nearest border was to C/M to do a visa run. Dont let me down as I told them Id let them know how long it take's me to get a reply. From you lot 900klm away. By all mean's let them know yourself if you want. Let's see who the brain dead are.

Frebo,

A couple of things. I do not think that you helped yourself yesterday evening, with your Topic Post at 1845, as you did not post in the main Chiang Mai forum - but in Chiang Mai 'News and Events'. Despite the 70 views, at that time in the evening, perhaps many of the viewers were unable to help you. As the number of views is now up to 115 - it may be that your sacastic remarks, in your further post have not served you well.

Had you posted in the main CM forum - it may have been a different story. Still, at that time of the evening - 4 hours for a reply may have been optimistic. Despite your reference to CM Forum posters and viewers being 'brain dead', it is most often the case that many will be quite helpful.

Up to you concerning using your car to Mae Sai, but another option is to book one of the many tour mini-bus that daily make this return trip. You can either elect to travel direct to Mae Sai, or take one which will include sight-seeing along the way. I think that it will be more cost effective that using your own vehicle and less tiring. Plus they will drop you right in front of the border. I could be wrong but I have never found any parking close to the border - which may mean a walk in the rain or songtieow to/from.

Should you still wish to drive - it is 3-4 hours each way. Take the road to Chiang Rai. When you hit the T-junction, turn left and follow the signs to Mae Sai.

Gladiator