Pick Up Rental, Pattaya

johnh101

Holiday Car Rentals on Third road just before the junction with North Road.

Their rates are average, their vehicles well maintained, their insurance? drive the car away, bring it back in whatever condition and walk away, the insurance covers you, then or during any accident.

They usually ask 150 baht a day for the top cover but this time of year you can talk the rates down and get the insurance thrown in as well, ( Just a touch of bag-wan :o )

They have pick-ups and cars of various sizes.

Cheaper, but the insurance is not so good, is a small place at the junction of Theppreset and Thappraya road opposite the Expat car rental place. anything over four days should go about 1,000 per, cheaper still for two weeks etc etc

dog

Maybe give WCR a pm. He may have a truck available- I've rented from them before and can recommend the quality and rates (well maintained, first class insurance)

I have sent him a PM, thanks for your help.

Cheaper, but the insurance is not so good, is a small place at the junction of Theppreset and Thappraya road opposite the Expat car rental place. anything over four days should go about 1,000 per, cheaper still for two weeks etc etc

dog

Cheaper??? I must be bloody cheap then! Better re-check my rates as my rates are cheaper than this and you get 1st class rental insurance, bail bond insurance and nationwide breakdown and recovery inclusive!!!

WCR,

Just speaking as I know :o ,

I need 4 wheels fairly regularly, as do a friend or two, so would you care to PM your details/location whatever? cause I must be the only guy here doesn't know them.

Live and learn :D

chastised dog

G'Day WCR...what's all this about nationwide breakdown?

Didn't know Thai had such an animal

Yes, there are a couple of companies doing this. The one I use is CWC Car World Club. They are based in BKK and offer national roadside assistance and breakdown recovery. Its probally not the same service you would expect from your own country such as the AA or RAC in the UK but its better than nothing. Costs start at around 1000 Baht per year and you will have to pay a milage charge for recovery after about 30KMs.

I have done a search on old topics and not come up with much on this.

Can anyone recommend a reputable and reasonable priced car rental company in Pattaya for a Pick Up Truck.

Holiday rentals on third road - the Pattaya Nua end. I dented (Just a little ding!) one of their vehicles but insurance, no problem.

however I haven't been there for some time now so make sure the ownership is the same; an English guy...forgotten his name now.