Starcraft 2 Finally Out

Ian_B

After 12 LONG years the sequel to one of my all time favourite games has finally been released worldwide

I picked up my copy at Fortune for 2500 yesterday. I already had a battlenet account for WOW and it installed without a hitch but there was a tiny 35mb patch that took TWO HOURS to download since there must have been a million people also downloading the patch

This is one of those games you have to buy as you need the code to play online since and like WOW will be zillions of patches for balancing in the years to come

So far I think it's great but do feel a bit miffed that they have split the game into 3 separate games you have to buy (Starcraft 2 campaign is solely for the Terran campaign) since they know millions will buy them (including myself)

Supreme Commander 2 is still my personnel favourite RTS (mainly due to it's use of a second monitor as the mapscreen which is awesome on a 55" LED TV) but this is a very close second

Anybody else playing?

"This is one of those games you have to buy as you need the code to play online since and like WOW will be zillions of patches for balancing in the years to come"

Already cracked for offline play ....... didn't take long, did it!

So legit users have to be connected to the internet all the time to play, lose your connection, lose the game.

Pirate users can just play and not worry ...... makes you think.

Edited by sarahsbloke

What is up with the pricing on this? 2500 Baht? $80 US? In the US it's only $60. Normally PC games are 1/2 to 1/3 the price of the US, I've never heard of a game priced higher. I'm not sure how well this is gonna sell when every other new game is 400-800 baht. Still, gonna pick it up this weekend.

What is up with the pricing on this? 2500 Baht? $80 US? In the US it's only $60. Normally PC games are 1/2 to 1/3 the price of the US, I've never heard of a game priced higher. I'm not sure how well this is gonna sell when every other new game is 400-800 baht. Still, gonna pick it up this weekend.

When I bought my copy at Fortune there was a queue at the gameshop, everybody buying SC2. 2500 is expensive I know (and is only one third of the complete game)

Only Blizzard could get away with this and I'll be first in line when Diablo 3 comes out next year!

And no SC2 has NOT been cracked for online play, though I am sure there will be pirate servers just like WOW pirate servers. Battlenet has never been cracked as far as I know

here is the NFO from Reloaded for SC2:

1. Unrar.

2. Burn or mount the image.

3. Install the game. When the game is installed in offline mode, a message

will be displayed that you need to be online. Click the orange button to

enter a media key: DELETED.

If you have an internet connection enabled during setup, at the end of

the setup, the autoupdate starts, close the autoupdate window.

4. Copy over the update files to the install dir and run update.bat.

5. Copy over the cracked content to the install dir.

6. Play the game.

NB: Since some game modes run on battle.net servers, only challenges,

single player campaign modes and the map editor are supported by this

release.

7. Support the software developers. If you like this game, BUY IT!

Could some one explain what is this Star Craft game?? I only heard about Starcraft

when recently as the sequel is coming out.

I am a gaming veteran and go way back when. My type of games range from

Final Fantasy, Zelda, Age of Empires, Warcraft, C & C, GTA, Street Fighter.......... you

know all the classics man. This Starcraft has passed me by is it worth me getting into.

well, who ever bought the real SC2..

Add me for some noobish multiplayer action - 'Mozikillah' whistling.gif

Need to give your character code as well as your username

My SC2 username is "Bangkokian" and my character code is "740"

I finished the single player campaign on Casual difficulty and I have to say it is by far the best, more varied RTS campaign I have ever played. Must be a good 12hrs+ gameplay in single player

Multiplayer is like a different game and even on skirmish I find it hard to win on easy mode... reaction time is key to multiplayer

I'm not willing to pay $200 for a video game. That's how much a console is supposed to cost.

The game costs THB2500 or about US$80

In the US it costs $60

Problem is the version they sell here is for the entire Oceania region, which includes Australia

That explains the high price to me. Steam makes games just for Thailand and are much cheaper (but they can only be played from a Thai IP address)

I must admit that SC2 is now my favourite RTS, beating Supreme Commander 2

Most fun I've ever had with an RTS

If only it had Lan Play :(

I'm not willing to pay $200 for a video game. That's how much a console is supposed to cost.

The game costs THB2500 or about US$80

In the US it costs $60

Problem is the version they sell here is for the entire Oceania region, which includes Australia

That explains the high price to me. Steam makes games just for Thailand and are much cheaper (but they can only be played from a Thai IP address)

I must admit that SC2 is now my favourite RTS, beating Supreme Commander 2

Most fun I've ever had with an RTS

If only it had Lan Play :(

You're only getting the Terran campaign, hence a third of the game. Keep in mind that the other two campaigns are going to be sold as seperate installments which count as their own game, which means they're not expansion packs. Which means they'll be priced as high as this one. Which means you're paying at least $180 for all three campaigns.

Their excuse is that the game was simply 'too large' to release all at once. I hear the main campaign is something like 12 mission. I'm pretty much done with the Activision pricing schemes. It's sick.

You're only getting the Terran campaign, hence a third of the game. Keep in mind that the other two campaigns are going to be sold as seperate installments which count as their own game, which means they're not expansion packs. Which means they'll be priced as high as this one. Which means you're paying at least $180 for all three campaigns.

Their excuse is that the game was simply 'too large' to release all at once. I hear the main campaign is something like 12 mission. I'm pretty much done with the Activision pricing schemes. It's sick.

Yes only the Terran Campaign is in SC2:Wings of Liberty, but the Terran campaign must be close to 30 missions and took me at least 12hrs of gameplay to finish it. The campaign is easily re-playable too as there are achievements and artefacts that can bolster your units.

There are also challenges besides multi-player and skirmish which teach people how every unit has a weakness, how to counter rushes etc

It is an expensive but awesome game that just oozes quality. My son now wants a copy for his birthday so we can play online together!

I just hope the Zerg and Protoss games are of similar quality - I am prepared to wait 18 months for each if the end result is as good as Wings Of Liberty

I feel like an idiot but I just can't figure out where to buy sc2 in Chiang Mai. Couldn't find any game stores in central airport plaza and only one in Pantip is selling cracked versions.

Anybody know?

You can buy online and download; takes a few hours though!

I loved starcraft all those years ago. For anyone looking for something new, wait to be disappointed. This is the same game with some slight (very slight) tweaks. Not much to show for 12 years work IMO. If you're thinking of buying, I suggest you try the pirate first- I reckon you'll be spending your money on something more worthwhile.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

It's really nice to see people playing that awesome game in thailand... :rolleyes:

I'm gonna be in bangkok for 2 month or more and I was wondering if there was some games area or places where you could play starcraft 2 in Bangkok? (like in Korea).

I can't manage to bring my rig with me

Thanks

Edited by stunefire

I finally got this game yesterday. Maybe we could get some team games going, I'd like to play some 4v4. My id is Gish and 728. All my friends are playing on the American server and at the moment we don't have access to them so I'd like some people to team up with.

I'm not very good yet though. Last night I went 2-7, it was embarrassing. Played Terran the whole time, first game I didn't wall in right and zerglings ran through to my mineral line. Second game a probe snuck in built a bunch of cannons in my base. Third game I rushed with marines and was able to win with superior micro against a protos with a superior economy. 4th game a Protoss tried to sneak a pylon in my base but I caught him and killed it, and he quit. I thought things were going good at this point, but no, I was crushed in the next 3 games by void rays, mutas, and hyrdas :lol:

Edited by DP25