Fencing Material

Pond Life

Im looking for rolls of galvanized wire mesh.

With hole sizes in the range of 4 to 6 inches.

wire diameter 2 to 3 mm.

I've seen chain link in Global house, but its to expensive as I need about 500 meters.

Any suggestions ?

He did, in the title.

I assume by fencing he means this:

welded_mesh_weld_mesh_galvanized_welded_wire_mesh.jpg

as opposed to this:

fencing.jpg

Was also going to say Global as they have many gauges in the back. How about using the mesh they use for strengthening concrete roads? Pretty sure they have it in rolls there:

20080908havel1.jpg

Only thing is, not galv.

Could always try Home Mall out on the Outer... they also have a fair amount of steel in the back and are often cheaper.

• Like 1

Yep, fencing material for building a 500m fence around a property.

The concrete re bar mesh is not galvanized as you say.

Its also very stiff & heavy, something lighter & cheaper is needed.

In Farangland what im looking for is called, stock fence, Deer fence, Pig fence etc.

I want to keep cows, dogs & nosy neighbors out.

I cannot see any economical way of doing this. The sort of fence wire mentioned is very expensive everywhere in Thailand.

Have you considered the possibility of having a cement block wall, rendered or plain built around the property? This is also expensive but perhaps a better alternative then wire, more secure and should last longer. Otherwise the only other options is to use wooden or bamboo fence panels that are much much cheaper but will need replacing about once a year when the weather conditions eventually rot them or cement posts with barbed wire running along the borders attached to the posts

This is all I can think of, cement block wall, wire fencing, bamboo fence panels or barbed wire.

post-110219-093794200 1280407037_thumb.j

post-110219-032603600 1280407052_thumb.j

post-110219-037461500 1280407068_thumb.j

post-110219-026750900 1280407094_thumb.j

Edited by Beetlejuice

Barbed wire fence with pre-cast concrete posts and thin galvanised wire mesh attached with plastic cable ties on the bottom three strands with about 6 inches buried in the ground and turned under in the direction you expect dogs or other small animals might want to get in from. Galvanised mesh is 469 baht for a 1m x 30m roll from Global House, concrete posts 85 baht from almost anywhere, barbed wire also from Global House. Once in place plant a hedge on one or both sides. The downside is that you'll have to provide water for the hedge in the dry season but I'm told that in about three years you won't see the fence.

We've just completed 250m of perimeter like this and I think it will work fine. BTW the DIY Housing Forum is full of helpful people who may have some alternative ideas.

Edited by Greenside

Thanks Greenside,

Thats the way Im probably heading, minus the hedge.

Was just hoping I could do it in one piece rater than multiple barb wire + mesh.

I'll give the DIY forum a look.

Hey pondlife....u back??

A beautiful, cheap, fast growing, headge with it's own natural 'barbs' is bouganvilla [sp]. can hedge it or just let it run wild and it becomes almost impenetrable.

The concrete re bar mesh is not galvanized as you say.

Its also very stiff & heavy, something lighter & cheaper is needed.

You did say 2/3 mm. Any fencing material will be heavy, unwieldy and ultimately expensive at that gauge. The barbed wire is defo the cheap, easy way to go.

• 8 years later...

Just go back to Global and ThaiWatsa and look again.

you will find exactly what you were looking for in the first place.

If you prefer, go to pretty much any builders yard, and pick up as many rolls as you need.

Its cheap and its galv......having said that, dont be fooled, the coating is microns thick and after a month outside your fence will be rusted up.

1 hour ago, Bill97 said:

9 year old thread resurrected by a salesman offering goods and eyecatcher bit

Wow

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Well spotted Bill!

Yes I was conned, you Know theres threads that come alive after ten years and others archived and dead after two years.