New 250Cc Sachs Motard/Enduro

Is Sachs coming with a new 250cc liquid-cooled motard/enduro style motorcycle? Apparently somebody already is cruising around on one in Thailand!!!!

For some more specifications I found this http://www.sachsbikescolombia.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=70&Itemid=64

post-12170-080588600 1280325153_thumb.jp

post-12170-017934800 1280325181_thumb.jp

post-12170-046235300 1280325261_thumb.jp

post-12170-051718200 1280325297_thumb.jp

Edited by Richard-BKK

I haven't hard anything from Tiger/Sachs Motors about this Bike...and it is probably just an import. Don't think it will be available in the near future...but maybe i'm wrong? Would be nice to have more Bikes available but the X-road 250 keeps being delayed .

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

I haven't hard anything from Tiger/Sachs Motors about this Bike...and it is probably just an import. Don't think it will be available in the near future...but maybe i'm wrong? Would be nice to have more Bikes available but the X-road 250 keeps being delayed .

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

whats the delay on the x-road 250 ? Emissions ?

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

whats the delay on the x-road 250 ? Emissions ?

Emission seems just one of the biggest issue ,there are now other things as well such as some parts supply or lack thereof...hope they rectify both soon and get on with it...

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

That looks awesome. Much much better looking than the X-Road.

..Hope they start officially importing it soooon!

Wonder how much a grey import would cost?

I agree, the X-Road is one ugly looking bike, this new one might tempt away a fair few D-Tracker buyers.

Not sure if we will ever see it as legal import...looking at the pics from richard i see a red plate on that bike...which is some temporary option, and i am quite sure that the person who has this bike will also have to deal with the emission testing. I think Tiger/Sachs Motors would be best advised to get the FI on the bikes....i am sure that on Tiger Bikes we will see FI in the future ( not sure when though) and sachs bikes specially on the x-road or bikes in similar larger cc should also consider FI...but i have not a lot more info other than the X-roads delay.

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

Okay I did some tracking, digging, calling and found the story behind the 250cc with liquid-cooling. It will be available within 2 to 3 months (order is in production, and with delivery it will take about 2 months...but who knows what can go wrong so the extra month). The motorcycle already cleared emission testing and import license is issued.

The remarkable part of the whole deal is that the 250cc Motard will not be available, as you may expect, from Tiger Motor Co. Ltd (who is currently the Sachs distributor). But this motorcycle will come from a complete new company.

The Thai price is still unknown, but it cannot be that close to a Kawasaki D-Tracker 250 otherwise they will not move fast enough. Comparable motorcycle from Lifan will be around 100k Baht, so guess that is about the same price level this 250cc with liquid-cooled engine comes in.

Edited by Richard-BKK

Having just emailed to tiger motors they are not aware of this model , and mentioned that it is possibly not an sachs ...actually just got it confirmed from Tiger/Sachs Motors ,Thailand that it is definitely not Sachs but apollo( a chinese manufacturer).

here some related link that advertises a smaller cc apollo bike with a similar look: http://apollo.en.alibaba.com/product/227013182-200253962/EEC_motorcycle_AGB_36_RX_50_.html

what makes me wonder richard, how did you spot that this is a Sachs Bike? It has nowhere Sachs written on it? At least from the pics provided it isn't visible to me.Good luck for passing the emission check.....and the importer seems ATV Panther

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

ok, here is the ad for the Apollo RX 250( which is advertised on the sachscolumbia page, but is in fact a chinese Apollo Bike as it is also mentioned on sachscolumbia with the name apollo rx 250) : http://apollo.en.alibaba.com/product/277559466-200073175/on_road_AGB_36_RX250_water_cooled_.html?tracelog=cgsotherproduct4

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

At the bottom of the specification in Spanish it says "Bienvenido a la Familia SACHS BIKES!" Now need to say that my Spanish is not that good, but I'm pretty sure it says something like "Welcome to the Family SACHS BIKES!"

But I need to be honest, I cannot find any other source of information that will or can confirm that this is a Sachs motorcycle. The only thing I can tell you for sure is that next week I know much more.

Edited by Richard-BKK

Metallic rims look so much nicer.

My latest Chinese product was a rucksack. One part lasted about 15 minutes. And Gawd knows what the resale value of this one will be in a year :unsure:

My wife bought a big red coast guard ship for our little boy - Chinese made from the local market in Pai. It looked great, he was quite excited about it. He put it in the water, it tipped over and sank instantly. Parts came off of it every day too, so we had to secretly dispose of it soon thereafter.

Come to think of it that was pretty much the experience with all chinese toys we bought or were given as presents. Look great, flashy, big, and disintegrate very quickly.

This motorbike looks all right but I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

Edited by nikster

At the bottom of the specification in Spanish it says "Bienvenido a la Familia SACHS BIKES!" Now need to say that my Spanish is not that good, but I'm pretty sure it says something like "Welcome to the Family SACHS BIKES!"

But I need to be honest, I cannot find any other source of information that will or can confirm that this is a Sachs motorcycle. The only thing I can tell you for sure is that next week I know much more.

Richard. i can tell you already that this isn't a Sachs Bike...no need to wait until next week to figure that out.:rolleyes:

Just because sachscolumbia has some writeup "welcome to sachs family" doesn't mean that this is a sachs bike but maybe a Bike that is marketed from the website owner- is that sachscolumbia website even an official sachs website??? Were you not surprised that nowhere on this bike was a Sachs Logo? I found an apollo write on the one picture of the swing arm....and before i had answer from Tiger/Sachs Motors i found already with google enough info to know that this can't be a Sachs Bike.Nor does it's design look like a Sachs.

As i posted before the pictured Bike is an Apollo RX 250 Chinese Made motorbike of unknown quality ( maybe good ,maybe bad) ...i am sure they will have fun with the emission controls....and as in many Bike announcements i believe it's availability when i see it for sale here.

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

My latest Chinese product was a rucksack. One part lasted about 15 minutes. And Gawd knows what the resale value of this one will be in a year :unsure:

My wife bought a big red coast guard ship for our little boy - Chinese made from the local market in Pai. It looked great, he was quite excited about it. He put it in the water, it tipped over and sank instantly. Parts came off of it every day too, so we had to secretly dispose of it soon thereafter.

Come to think of it that was pretty much the experience with all chinese toys we bought or were given as presents. Look great, flashy, big, and disintegrate very quickly.

I hear that most people who bought a Apple iPhone 4 have problems with getting a signal, when they hold the phone in the hand. That is called a major Chinese production failure. With the little Chinese made Coast Guard ship you bough in Pai (nearly 1000 kilometers from the nearest coast) you should know better, sure something was wrong :D :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Edited by Richard-BKK

Cool looking bike.

I hope it makes it into the country legally.

If they happen to be the same size, I'd love to get those alloy rims on my Dtracker.

Real Marchesinis are ~70000+ baht but these imposters look pretty good.

I wonder if the wheels meet either JWL, DOT or TUV safety specs.

Cool looking bike.

I hope it makes it into the country legally.

If they happen to be the same size, I'd love to get those alloy rims on my Dtracker.

Real Marchesinis are ~70000+ baht but these imposters look pretty good.

I wonder if the wheels meet either JWL, DOT or TUV safety specs.

The Apollo Orion RX 250 is has received a positive answer on its Thai exhaust emission and noise (81dB normal operation) testing, of course this was to be expected. The Orion RX 250 is available, and road legal in Europe.

Almost every motorbike factory around the world uses chinese parts or build their bikes in china. Why are you upset about the brand? Equal if it´s a Sachs or whatever, it comes from the same part of the world, offen from the same factory.

The RX is a modern cool looking bike

Almost every motorbike factory around the world uses chinese parts or build their bikes in china. Why are you upset about the brand? Equal if it´s a Sachs or whatever, it comes from the same part of the world, offen from the same factory.

The RX is a modern cool looking bike

Hangdong, Nobody is upset about the chinese made Apollo Orion RX250 nor is anyone upset to Sachs....but the thread clearly says "New 250cc Sachs Motard/Enduro" and this is obviously false and needed to be corrected.

You are right a lot of stuff comes from china ,made for all kind of manufacturers worldwide. It all really depends about the Design and even more the QC over the final outcome. it isn't right to say that all chinese Bikes are crap...or lack quality but some of them are, but the chinese closing up to better standards fast which is obviously good for us Bikers as we will see in future more Bikes that are decently priced.

So it isn't about chinese manufacturing but rather correcting the Brand , Design & QC behind this.

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

I completely accept, the title has little to do with SACHS motorcycles, therefore maybe we can change it to "New Apollo Orion RX 250 motorcycle enters the Thai market"... or something similar, at moderators discretion...

Edited by Richard-BKK

I hear that most people who bought a Apple iPhone 4 have problems with getting a signal, when they hold the phone in the hand. That is called a major Chinese production failure. With the little Chinese made Coast Guard ship you bough in Pai (nearly 1000 kilometers from the nearest coast) you should know better, sure something was wrong :D :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I know you're jesting but there is a very clear distinction between made in China, and Chinese manufacturer. Everything is made in China - the best quality items and the worst. Chinese factories are second to none when it comes to implementing procedures that ensure great product quality.

Chinese manufacturers - brands of cars, bikes, fake phones, real phones - are a different story. Just like German or Japanese manufacturers have a reputation for great quality - even when their factories are in China - Chinese ones have a reputation for crap quality. There's always exceptions to the rule, of course. But by and large they're crap, we judge on merit, and so I know of JRD and I know of Platinum, and they're both total crap. Hence, I would be crazy not to be biased against a new Chinese motorcycle manufacturer - at least until they've proven they're actually different from the others.

PS: Well the coast guard ship was a toy ship... but yeah... we also had this toy rescue helicopter, complete with ambulance and rescue man... and some big frickin' guns, just in case the rescue turns bad, I suppose ;)

Edited by nikster

I agree Nikster. I've been to about 15 speaker factories throughout Asia and have seen high end and low end products coming out of the same factory. It all comes down to management and quality control. If it's a bunch of native taught management controlling things it often falls under the "cheap Chinese crap" label. If there's a Japanese, American, or European on site managing and keeping on top of things those are the products that are sold under the "wow that's quality" brand of exports. This has and is continuing to all progress toward better products. The Chinese have been educated by Western management for decades now and the smart companies are making top end stuff as well as the cheap crap. There's a market for both products, people just tend to dwell on negative things.

I know you're jesting but there is a very clear distinction between made in China, and Chinese manufacturer. Everything is made in China - the best quality items and the worst. Chinese factories are second to none when it comes to implementing procedures that ensure great product quality.

Chinese manufacturers - brands of cars, bikes, fake phones, real phones - are a different story. Just like German or Japanese manufacturers have a reputation for great quality - even when their factories are in China - Chinese ones have a reputation for crap quality. There's always exceptions to the rule, of course. But by and large they're crap, we judge on merit, and so I know of JRD and I know of Platinum, and they're both total crap. Hence, I would be crazy not to be biased against a new Chinese motorcycle manufacturer - at least until they've proven they're actually different from the others.

PS: Well the coast guard ship was a toy ship... but yeah... we also had this toy rescue helicopter, complete with ambulance and rescue man... and some big frickin' guns, just in case the rescue turns bad, I suppose ;)

Just for information both JRD and Platinum are no Chinese manufacturers.

So, if you do buy a RX250 and you don't want it to tip over and/or loose parts.....don't wash it and don't leave it out in the rain! :rolleyes: