Thai Consulate In Perth Closing In October

I never used their service myself, however i only came across soooo many good reviews about them, sad to see them disappear and i hope it's not because of the good services they have been providing for so long, it would be good to see the guy promoted to an even better position by maybe teaching all his colleagues around the world on how to do their job in not just the more appropriated manner but by even exceeding in the expectation ones would have, so, all the best to the guy for his excellent job during the years and to all his staff, goodbye ! :jap:

As per the retiring WA Consul-General Brigadier William Drayton Jamieson "His military career included Active Service in New Guinea in World War II ..." I do not think a 'promotion' or whirl-wind tour is in the works

I've used the services of the Royal Thai Consulate in Brisbane for years now, most recently in June. If you meet the criteria and have all of the necessary paper work you will have no trouble getting a Non Imm O class visa. When I'm in Oz I send all of my docs/ details to them by mail and the passport comes back within 7 days. Great service from Khun Chamai there.

As per the retiring WA Consul-General Brigadier William Drayton Jamieson "His military career included Active Service in New Guinea in World War II ..." I do not think a 'promotion' or whirl-wind tour is in the works

Well when I last saw him two years ago he could give Ian Forbes a run for his money. Do not know about the girls or the fish, he is too much a gentleman to brag.

I did not mean to suggest that he would not be physically up to it ... just that he is (if he is) in fact retiring and maybe looking to wind-down official duties... My late Father was of the same WW II vintage (US Navy Aviator) and played 18 holes of golf 2 days before he died a few years back.

• Like 1

Being from Perth myself thats a real shame and inconvenience that the consulate is closing down. I always found the staff very helpful with all my visa trips there.

That leads me to my next question.What consulate in Australia now do I use for applying for a "Multiple Entry Non B"?(by post from Perth)

I had a look on Hobart's website and their promoting a 12 hour turn around for visa applications!

Anyone had a any dealings with Hobart before on the above mentioned visa?

Sounds very efficient if thats the case with the turn around time.

Also any other recent advice or experiences with Australian consulates based on a "Multiple Entry Non B" application would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Edited by yabbra

I have just spoken to the Perth consulate office.

When I asked if it was true they would be closing in mid October, she replied "that was the plan at the moment".

Which I interpret to mean it was not a fait acompli - perhaps (and hopefully) the search is on for a new Consul General.

Edited by jackspratt

There has also been at least 1 report that Brisbane refused to issue an O-A visa (to an Australian).

The O-A may have been refused because the applicant was not an Australian citizen or a permanent resident of Australia or he did not meet the criteria for the visa

Thai Consulate Perth closing means no more Non-Immigrant-O on the basis of visiting friends/relatives for those of us who are under the age of 50 :realangry: . Hull, England is it - but too far for me.

Just called Thai Consulate in Brisbane and talked to a nice Thai lady named TIM - she said They will issue Non-Immigrant-O with multiple entries (Cost AUD$225.00) valid for 12 months (you can stretch it to 15 months) - with the following proof of docs (Copies):

1. Title to your condo here in Thailand with your name on it

2. 2 photos

3. Your passport

4. Thai Bank Statement or Bank Book - no required amount but the more the merrier.

5. Fill out application

Guess where I'll be flying in November :P ?

Just one more year and I'll be 50 -

So exactly the same as Perth ( only one photo in Perth and copy of wife's passport and house book.)

.goodonya mate for your post

So exactly the same as Perth ( only one photo in Perth and copy of wife's passport and house book.)

.goodonya mate for your post

@David: Actually not the same - Perth allows you to apply for Non-Immigran-O on the basis of visiting friends/relatives. So even if you do not own property here in Thailand, you can still get it. All you need is an invitation letter from a Thai friend and a copy of his/her ID.

Confirmed: From Thai consulatein Perth..((email removed per forum rules))

Thank you for your e-mail of the 3rd August 2010.

The Royal Thai Embassy at Canberra has directed that the Royal Thai Consulate-General at Perth is to close on the 18th October 2010 and that from such the Embassy will provide all consular service in Western Australia.

Should you have further remarks or enquiries we suggest you direct them to the Embassy.

Edit: double quote deleted - mario2008

Edited by Mario2008
Forum rules violation

the Embassy will provide all consular service in Western Australia.

Should you have further remarks or enquiries we suggest you direct them to the Embassy.

in Western Australia or to Western Australia??? :unsure:

• 4 weeks later...

Having personally met the Honorary Consul last Thursday, it is confirmed that the honorary consulate in Perth will be closing on Monday 18th October 2010 following the retirement of Brigadier W.D. (Bill) Jamieson, Honorary Consular-General.

Visa and consular services will be provided up to and including that date. Note normal office opening times are Tuesday and Thursday, unless by prior appointment. After 18th October all consular services provided by Perth will be handled from Canberra.