Englishman Murdered In Hua Hin Robbery

katana

I recall a photo* that the girl/woman who was involved in the murder on her husband Dale Henry from Canada in Ranong in 2008 (see previous link in an earlier message) made EXACTLY the same V-sign behind the head of her husband as this woman, Bunnag.

It gave me the creeps when I just noticed that.

Yep, spoke volumes to me. A complete lack of respect... a Thai g/f wouldn't be doing that to her Thai guy no matter what the age difference or her status. Looks a nasty piece of work even without seeing her eyes. The poor guy was very ill to begin with and 'she couldn't wait...'. Pack of wild animals. :bah:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personal Note:

I recall a photo* that the girl/woman who was involved in the murder on her husband Dale Henry from Canada in Ranong in 2008 (see previous link in an earlier message) made EXACTLY the same V-sign behind the head of her husband as this woman, Bunnag.

It gave me the creeps when I just noticed that. :ph34r:

Why are Thai women so fond of the V sign?, what does it mean to them?

Some birds will flash the sign in every single photo...

Yep, spoke volumes to me. A complete lack of respect... a Thai g/f wouldn't be doing that to her Thai guy no matter what the age difference or her status. Looks a nasty piece of work even without seeing her eyes. The poor guy was very ill to begin with and 'she couldn't wait...'. Pack of wild animals. :bah:

It is nothing more than a playful gesture with no overtones whatsoever. Thais do it all the time when they know photos are being taken.

It is nothing more than a playful gesture with no overtones whatsoever. Thais do it all the time when they know photos are being taken.

Isn't it weird that in all the years that I'm a member, I can only recall 2 photos on Thaivisa...just 2...that show 2 married Thai women who are both showing the V-sign behind the head/back of their respective husbands and both of them had their husbands murdered ?

"It is nothing more than a playful gesture...." really ?

In these murder cases it's an absurd and absolute BIZARRE coincidence...this playful gesture...

LaoPo

A wealthy English businessman, Raymond John Hyde, 68, from Hua Hin, was stabbed to death in a violent struggle in his bungalow during an attempted break-in and robbery on the 26th July.

His was found by his Thai wife, Fon, 32, when she came back from a shopping trip...

I read this far and easily guessed the end of the story. :ermm:

Raymond John Hyde

RIP

to teach her husband a lesson because he regularly berated and insulted both her and Thai people, saying they eat dirty food like animals and that they were uneducated and lowly

Nice little curve ball there.:realangry: Is it enough for a not-guilty verdict? :ermm:

At least make the perp a hero in prison. ;)

Before everyone jumps on the bandwagon to hang the accused, there are some factors that are going to have to be considered;

1. The deceased was allegedly dying of throat cancer. (Let me guess, a chronic smoker.) He is reported to have been worth a small amount of money and had a bar. One of the articles suggests the woman couldn't wait until he died. Think about the claim please. If he was sick, then he would not have had much strength to resist anything the wife wanted to do. When one is dying, the last thing one cares about is a cruddy bar. If she is as evil as some are suggesting she could have taken over the bar during his incapacitation. As for the cash payout, It's chump change

2. Why kill him in the manner reported when one could have poisoned him and everybody would have assumed it was the cancer?

3. The crime of passion aspect has to be considered in light of the claim the deceased was abusive. Mr Thanakorn testified that it all began with Mrs Bunnak telling him that she wanted someone to teach her husband a lesson because he regularly berated and insulted both her and Thai people, saying they eat dirty food like animals and that they were uneducated and lowly. This built up a deep feeling of resentment and anger in Mrs Bunnak which led to Mr Khomkrit being asked to teach him a lesson, but only as far as injuring him. The testimony is plausible and some Thais can be quite proud. A decade of this type of hectoring, combined with the difficulties of the cancer could have pushed the wife over the edge.

Maybe the deceased was a living saint and was kind to his wife. I don't know. In the absence of corroborating evidence, it is unfair to rip the accused apart. Some people can be downright awful to live with. And no I am not justifying the murder. However, there may be mitigating reasons for the event. And don't throw up your hands in righteous indignation, because you all know well the type of person that runs these types of bars and marries a 23 year old girl that is 30 years younger. I have yet to meet a foreign guy in his 50's running the typical Thai beer bar, that would be someone I would want to know. Maybe this guy was different. However, if you are going to give him the benefit of the doubt, then so too must you give the accused wife the same consideration.

• Like 1

geriatrickid, you make some valid points and present a balanced argument, but like you I don't know what went on behind closed doors maybe Mr Hyde spoke down to his wife and maybe he didn't, unfortunately he cannot give his side of the story having been beaten with a hammer, stabbed and succumbing to his injuries in this cowardly attack.

However if he did talk down to his wife and she was that unhappy maybe she should have just walked away, taking her lover with her.

Geriatrickid, she must have had a bag and the house had doors and windows from which she could have escaped from this Man.

Why did nt she pack off somewhere with her giggolo and live happily ever after?

Justifying or trying to reason the intent of murdering a human being because he was talking down on you, you must be out of your knickers.

With the reported boyfriend on the side and a blood thirsty brother, the victim might have been not so happy with his Thai family and might have led to saying a bit more than necessary.

What a dastardly act. Reading that she "wanted to teach him a lesson" for insulting Thailand makes my skin crawl. Getting your lover to kill your husband to defend your culture sort of says it all doesn't it.

Obviously, taking the moral high ground or turning the other cheek doesn't extend to Thai culture either, so better to kill someone.

As for putting a V sign above your husbands head, I have never seen a Thai woman do this to a man, let alone her husband, and my wife would never ever dare to do it to me. It is as far as I am concerned extremely disrespectful between adults in Thai culture.

Isn't it weird that in all the years that I'm a member, I can only recall 2 photos on Thaivisa...just 2...that show 2 married Thai women who are both showing the V-sign behind the head/back of their respective husbands and both of them had their husbands murdered ?

"It is nothing more than a playful gesture...." really ?

In these murder cases it's an absurd and absolute BIZARRE coincidence...this playful gesture...

LaoPo

It is *not* a playful act when it is placed behind the head.

They playful V-sign Thai girls do here is the same as Korean and Japanese girls, around their *own* face, usually close to the corner of the cheeks / mouth.

Not the same.

It is *not* a playful act when it is placed behind the head.

They playful V-sign Thai girls do here is the same as Korean and Japanese girls, around their *own* face, usually close to the corner of the cheeks / mouth.

Not the same.

I'm not so sure. My wife will do this (behind the head) regularly with her sister, brother, and friends when taking pictures. They will respond in kind for the next picture. They all seem to get a big laugh out of it, with never any hard feelings or aggression.

Edited by way2muchcoffee

I just showed that photo to some of my very polite staff members without telling them anything other than he is her husband. I asked, "Is this bad" and they laughed and said that she is just joking. i think some posters are reading too much into it, but she certainly looks to be a hard case.

To be fair the chap that wrote the remark that you refer to has admitted it was in poor taste and had the decency to apologise, something you don't see very often on here, and I for one respect him for it.

Edited by sbk
deleted quoted post removed

To be fair the chap that wrote the remark that you refer to has admitted it was in poor taste and had the decency to apologise, something you don't see very often on here, and I for one respect him for it.

Let's just hope that this case is solved quickly and that those who perpetrated the crime are found, tried, and convicted to the full force of the law. Hopefully Thai enforcement agencies will take the case serious and not turn a blind eye for whatever reasons there could be to do so.

Edited by sbk
deleted quoted post removed

Came across something in the English press here.

Dying Briton 'killed by Thai wife for his money'

A dying British businessman was beaten to death on the orders of his 'evil' Thai wife so she could get her hands on his money early, police have said.

Raymond Hyde, who had throat cancer, was killed by wife Bunnag's brother because she could not wait to inherit £200,000, his house and bar business, it was alleged.

The 68-year-old, from Cheshunt, Hertfordshire, died at his retirement home in Hua Hin, 241km (150miles) south of Bangkok, last month.

continued:

http://www.metro.co....e-for-his-money

I hope I'm allowed to give the murdered Gentleman (and accused ordered-murder-wife) a face....:

post-13995-021839800 1281564336_thumb.jp

Fatal attraction: The last known picture of Raymond Hyde with wife Bunnag, who is accused of ordering his murder to inherit his wealth

Picture: Andrew Chant

Source: Metro.co.uk

http://www.metro.co....e-for-his-money

Personal Note:

It gave me the creeps when I just noticed that. :ph34r:

A very small comfort is the idea that that woman was sentenced to life in prison, together with her accomplish murderers.

* That photo is here:

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__1812880

post-13995-039118500 1281565252_thumb.jp

I'm shivering...as if that sign was a kind of death-sign: two married women...both giving a V-sign and later have their husbands murdered. :(

LaoPo

Winston Churchills Victory Sign,

truly Bizarre!

Edited by MAJIC

Before everyone jumps on the bandwagon to hang the accused, there are some factors that are going to have to be considered;

1. The deceased was allegedly dying of throat cancer. (Let me guess, a chronic smoker.) He is reported to have been worth a small amount of money and had a bar. One of the articles suggests the woman couldn't wait until he died. Think about the claim please. If he was sick, then he would not have had much strength to resist anything the wife wanted to do. When one is dying, the last thing one cares about is a cruddy bar. If she is as evil as some are suggesting she could have taken over the bar during his incapacitation. As for the cash payout, It's chump change

2. Why kill him in the manner reported when one could have poisoned him and everybody would have assumed it was the cancer?

3. The crime of passion aspect has to be considered in light of the claim the deceased was abusive. Mr Thanakorn testified that it all began with Mrs Bunnak telling him that she wanted someone to teach her husband a lesson because he regularly berated and insulted both her and Thai people, saying they eat dirty food like animals and that they were uneducated and lowly. This built up a deep feeling of resentment and anger in Mrs Bunnak which led to Mr Khomkrit being asked to teach him a lesson, but only as far as injuring him. The testimony is plausible and some Thais can be quite proud. A decade of this type of hectoring, combined with the difficulties of the cancer could have pushed the wife over the edge.

Maybe the deceased was a living saint and was kind to his wife. I don't know. In the absence of corroborating evidence, it is unfair to rip the accused apart. Some people can be downright awful to live with. And no I am not justifying the murder. However, there may be mitigating reasons for the event. And don't throw up your hands in righteous indignation, because you all know well the type of person that runs these types of bars and marries a 23 year old girl that is 30 years younger. I have yet to meet a foreign guy in his 50's running the typical Thai beer bar, that would be someone I would want to know. Maybe this guy was different. However, if you are going to give him the benefit of the doubt, then so too must you give the accused wife the same consideration.

Well, IMO I dont think giving the accused wife consideration,would be appropiate,considering the initial Post Quoted:"33 year old lover lek"

Had she been a decent woman she could have at least waited out his terminal illness,before having a boyfriend on the scene.

When will the older guys learn to stop living in a fairy tale dream world and that these much younger women are only interested in their money.

It is possible that Raymond was murdered before nature took it`s course because his wife was concerned the money maybe spent on medical fees.

Love them, pay for the time and leave them. Do not get involved with these evil people.

Very tragic and sad for this man. Not only was he dying from a terminal disease but also suffered a terrible violent death. No one deserves that.

R.I.P and hope you receive true justice.

post-110219-029891000 1281640024_thumb.j

Edited by Beetlejuice

When will the older guys learn to stop living in a fairy tale dream world and that these much younger women are only interested in their money.

The problem is that this is not always true. It is most of the time, but not always, so, if one is smitten, it makes it difficult to not take a chance on winning the lottery. :D

Stupidity and greed know no bounds.

You're viewing it from a sound mind. Look at it through hers (the way many of her ilk think) and also take into consideration what she'd previously said to others about him.

Kids may do it or with a friend, but over the head in a husband/wife scenario (as trivial as it sounds) is a no no.

The problem is that this is not always true. It is most of the time, but not always, so, if one is smitten, it makes it difficult to not take a chance on winning the lottery. :D

This is true, but like a lottery the odds of winning are millions to one. That's fine if the man is willing to gamble his life's achievements and take a chance that he won't be cheated by lies and deceit.

Men don`t seem to realise that women view sex differently. To men sex is a way of bonding with a woman; to women sex is a means of obtaining something they want.

No woman in my lifetime has ever won me over with a bit of sex. She has to do a lot more then that to prove her sincerity. Just because the water looks clear, blue and inviting I would not jump in the deep end. We should first wade in slowly to see if it is safe or not.

Quite often men fall in love with the dream and not the reality. This is why so many of these dating scams are successful, they see a picture of pretty girl and a few well chosen words and then suddenly they are hooked, taken in by the dream and ready to send the money.

There are a lot of evil people out there, who want to steal what you have and as in the case of this poor tragic man, they even took his soul.

All I am saying is, just beware and cautious.

Edited by Beetlejuice

While these sweet girls are getting their bodies tattooed and drinking and smoking while pregnant at 17 their brains are being filled with clever con artist tricks of how to take care of their babies...mama...papa...sick buffalo and entire village by meeting and dating as many ATMs as possible until some Handsome Sexy Chump marries them and All Is Well.

Then reality...in this case Lek comes along and the entire wedded bliss is over.

This isnt the first case of this. It wont be the last.

I actually investigated the exact crime in 1972 when a Thai wife and her new BF killed a USAF Sgt. She got life in prison. Her excuse was he made fun of her so she got a new lover. Together they planned and executed him.

She never once showed remorse. They also used the house breaking method but left so many clues.

After she knew we had her she then blamed the poor sap who helped her.

It is possible that Raymond was murdered before nature took it`s course because his wife was concerned the money maybe spent on medical fees.

Love them, pay for the time and leave them. Do not get involved with these evil people.

Very tragic and sad for this man. Not only was he dying from a terminal disease but also suffered a terrible violent death. No one deserves that.

R.I.P and hope you receive true justice.

"Older guys living in a fairy tale dreams"?? Get real!!!

I know of a 33 yrs old Canadian who bought a yacht and a house and put the girlfriend's name on the ownership deeds.

As a naif first timer in Thailand, he believed her when she told him he still had time to renew his visa after it expired.

She then called the authorities and grassed him up. He went to jail, lost everything he ever owned in Thailand and my friend had to drive him to the airport after paying for his ticket back to Canada.

Apparently he is a good looking and well educated guy.. He just used the anatomically wrong part of his body to do his thinking!!!

This is true, but like a lottery the odds of winning are millions to one. That's fine if the man is willing to gamble his life's achievements and take a chance that he won't be cheated by lies and deceit.

Men don`t seem to realise that women view sex differently. To men sex is a way of bonding with a woman; to women sex is a means of obtaining something they want.

No woman in my lifetime has ever won me over with a bit of sex. She has to do a lot more then that to prove her sincerity. Just because the water looks clear, blue and inviting I would not jump in the deep end. We should first wade in slowly to see if it is safe or not.

Quite often men fall in love with the dream and not the reality. This is why so many of these dating scams are successful, they see a picture of pretty girl and a few well chosen words and then suddenly they are hooked, taken in by the dream and ready to send the money.

There are a lot of evil people out there, who want to steal what you have and as in the case of this poor tragic man, they even took his soul.

All I am saying is, just beware and cautious.

How much wading do you need to do he was married to her for 10 years I think he had every right to swim in the deep end after 10 years