Englishman Murdered In Hua Hin Robbery

katana

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Maybe the deceased was a living saint and was kind to his wife. I don't know. In the absence of corroborating evidence...

In the absence of corroborating evidence, one should not make a lot of wild speculations. As you said, you don't know. I'd rather read comments from people who knew Mr. Hyde.

The horn sign means cuckold, which is in particularly poor taste given how he died.

Sounds like a horrible piece of work and hope she is locked up for a long time.

I generally have little sympathy for older men who marry much younger women and lose houses, money and cars. But losing your life is something else. The abuse angle sounds very convoluted to me as well - sounds more like they botched a fake burglary, then thought it would make it better if they slurred the dead victim with "abuse" accusations when he couldn't defend himself. Lovely.

The horn sign means cuckold, which is in particularly poor taste given how he died.

Really? I never knew that. In the US we just do it for fun when we take pictures....I even do it here with friends that I'm not sleeping with....guess I better try and verify what you wrote....

are certain the doors were left unlocked to allow the assailant entry to the house.

How can police be proof positive this? What about wife's brother knocks on door and victim opens door?

no repies can have disrespectful and stupid speculation, only they

When will the older guys learn to stop living in a fairy tale dream world and that these much younger women are only interested in their money.

The problem is that this is not always true. It is most of the time, but not always, so, if one is smitten, it makes it difficult to not take a chance on winning the lottery. :D

This is true, but like a lottery the odds of winning are millions to one. That's fine if the man is willing to gamble his life's achievements and take a chance that he won't be cheated by lies and deceit.

Men don`t seem to realise that women view sex differently. To men sex is a way of bonding with a woman; to women sex is a means of obtaining something they want.

No woman in my lifetime has ever won me over with a bit of sex. She has to do a lot more then that to prove her sincerity. Just because the water looks clear, blue and inviting I would not jump in the deep end. We should first wade in slowly to see if it is safe or not.

Quite often men fall in love with the dream and not the reality. This is why so many of these dating scams are successful, they see a picture of pretty girl and a few well chosen words and then suddenly they are hooked, taken in by the dream and ready to send the money.

There are a lot of evil people out there, who want to steal what you have and as in the case of this poor tragic man, they even took his soul.

All I am saying is, just beware and cautious.

How much wading do you need to do he was married to her for 10 years I think he had every right to swim in the deep end after 10 years

I disagree. I was for over 10 and did not see it coming. But I am still young and have my whole life ahead., If she met you with $5m never go to $1m or she is out the door, or when you stop giving out blank checks.

I recall a photo* that the girl/woman who was involved in the murder on her husband Dale Henry from Canada in Ranong in 2008 (see previous link in an earlier message) made EXACTLY the same V-sign behind the head of her husband as this woman, Bunnag.

It gave me the creeps when I just noticed that.

Yep, spoke volumes to me. A complete lack of respect... a Thai g/f wouldn't be doing that to her Thai guy no matter what the age difference or her status. Looks a nasty piece of work even without seeing her eyes. The poor guy was very ill to begin with and 'she couldn't wait...'. Pack of wild animals. :bah:

It is nothing more than a playful gesture with no overtones whatsoever. Thais do it all the time when they know photos are being taken.

Isn't it weird that in all the years that I'm a member, I can only recall 2 photos on Thaivisa...just 2...that show 2 married Thai women who are both showing the V-sign behind the head/back of their respective husbands and both of them had their husbands murdered ?

"It is nothing more than a playful gesture...." really ?

In these murder cases it's an absurd and absolute BIZARRE coincidence...this playful gesture...

LaoPo

I would agree that it may be a coincidence involving the woman doing this with a Falangs that have been murdered.

My niece and her girl friends use the V sign frequently. I looked through most her pictures of herself and her friends. I found three pictures of her doing this with her fiance and one picture of a group of friends she visited in Korea, where this was done by one of the Koreans to another. As far as I know, the guy in Korea and her fiance are still alive. I could not find the picture where my niece did this with me several years ago.

I think that as one poster stated, this may be an innocent gesture that Thai females make when pictures are being taken. This is the only time I have seen the V sign being made. My sister in law does it, I even have a picture of my mother in law doing it. What I have never seen, is a Thai male making a V sign (or as I knew it in my younger days, a "Peace Sign".

Edited by radiochaser

While these sweet girls are getting their bodies tattooed and drinking and smoking while pregnant at 17 their brains are being filled with clever con artist tricks of how to take care of their babies...mama...papa...sick buffalo and entire village by meeting and dating as many ATMs as possible until some Handsome Sexy Chump marries them and All Is Well.

Then reality...in this case Lek comes along and the entire wedded bliss is over.

This isnt the first case of this. It wont be the last.

I actually investigated the exact crime in 1972 when a Thai wife and her new BF killed a USAF Sgt. She got life in prison. Her excuse was he made fun of her so she got a new lover. Together they planned and executed him.

She never once showed remorse. They also used the house breaking method but left so many clues.

After she knew we had her she then blamed the poor sap who helped her.

Did that happen in Udon Thanii? Seems I heard about something like that when I was there. I left in May 1972.

I have read now several explanations about the V-sign.

However, it's a BIZARRE coincidence that the only 2 Thai girls ever shown on Thaivisa, making this V-sign, had their Farang husband murdered - MURDERED in cold blood because of greed...:annoyed:

No matter the explanation, friendly meant or not; this remains BIZARRE.

LaoPo

The V sign is a very Japanese thiing that seems to have spread through Asia, and most places Japanese travel. <snip>

What a load of &lt;deleted&gt;. I was doing it decades ago in England. Get a &lt;deleted&gt; grip you daft people.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anybody give me any update on this situation?

Are Fon and the boyfriend still being held; have they been charged; is the brother still on the run; has Ray's daughter managed to obtain custody of his body? Etc,etc.

My interest is that I am a long-time acquaintance of Ray from way back in the flying club in UK but living in Chonburi I am out of the loop. Googling has produced no recent info.

I would prefer to do this via PM. I assume that forum rules don't allow me to post my email or telephone details.

Thanks.

Jor

The V sign is a very Japanese thiing that seems to have spread through Asia, and most places Japanese travel. <snip>

What a load of &lt;deleted&gt;. I was doing it decades ago in England. Get a &lt;deleted&gt; grip you daft people.

I believe it was coined by the English when they defeated the evil invading nazi germans during the battle of Britain and later on when supporting the Russians allies logistically, winning the war and defeating the nazi germans,( the us joined after the victories were obtained)

admittadly at high cost, high debt, return of colonies, but as far sighted as those people are it was the right time to return the colonies, to produce the indians, the pakistanis, and the bangladeshians as well as freeing the french from their tyricanical rulers and most of europe

Thailand is a great country since it has not been colonised, and they like to use the English v sign as well, V for victory

:(:annoyed:

Another sad Farang Husband - Thai wife - Thai lover and family involved in murder; it's always about greed...how sad, tragic and disgusting at the same time.

I hope justice will be done.

There were earlier murder cases with wife, family and her lover involved:

The murder case of Jules Odekerken - in 2003

http://www.thaivisa....en-nov-17-2003/

Dale Henry - Canadian Brutally murdered in Ranong in 2008

http://www.thaivisa....ered-in-ranong/

&

http://www.thaivisa....il-family-says/

May Mr. Raymond John Hyde RIP

LaoPo

Sadly, until I spent many years in Thailand I never realised life was worth so very little,and money and wealth was valued so much.

IMHO and from my observations everything in Thailand has a price and comes down to avarice,and a desire for wealth without a thought or conscience for the rightful owner.

So nothing has a real intrinsic value. as long as you have "Face" which equals wealth it matters nothing how wealth was achieved or come by,This is why Thaksin is so revered.

One could be forgiven for thinking that this is the Norm in Thailand!

Blood money and tainted money will surely bring bad Karma to the wrong doers.

Rest In Peace Raymond.

Life is no cheaper than in any other country, all these things are relative not typical of this country any more than your home country

Life is no cheaper than in any other country, all these things are relative not typical of this country any more than your home country

Yes yes, Europe, Africa, Asia,all exactly the same, no differences at all, just the name is not the same but i guess it was a mistake....

Yes yes, Europe, Africa, Asia,all exactly the same, no differences at all, just the name is not the same but i guess it was a mistake....

Ever been to Egypt? I met a few foreigners there have suffered similar problems, robbed systematically by buisnesses using the law etc

and http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2010/aug/26/port-st-lucie-woman-accused-of-trying-to-hire-ex/

http://www.dvmen.org/dv-173.htm and colarado just for fun

Do you think this does not happen in your country

Bump. Anyone have any info?

Are Fon and the boyfriend still being held; have they been charged; is the brother still on the run; has Ray's daughter managed to obtain custody of his body? Etc,etc.

My interest is that I am a long-time acquaintance of Ray from way back in the flying club in UK but living in Chonburi I am out of the loop. Googling has produced no recent info.

I would prefer to do this via PM. I assume that forum rules don't allow me to post my email or telephone details.

Thanks.

Jor

• 4 weeks later...

Second bump attempt.

Bump. Anyone have any info?

Thanks.

Jor

• 4 weeks later...

Fon has been aquited of all charges.

from the OP:

"His was found by his Thai wife, Fon, 32, when she came back from a shopping trip.

Two days later, his wife and her 33 year old lover Lek, were arrested for murder, the lover having already confessed. The third party in the murder, the wife's 26 year old younger brother is still on the run."

and now, the murdered man's wife has been acquited...?

:(

LaoPo