Englishman Murdered In Hua Hin Robbery

katana

Came across this story in the Thairath.

A wealthy English businessman, Raymond John Hyde, 68, from Hua Hin, was stabbed to death in a violent struggle in his bungalow during an attempted break-in and robbery on the 26th July.

His was found by his Thai wife, Fon, 32, when she came back from a shopping trip.

Two days later, his wife and her 33 year old lover Lek, were arrested for murder, the lover having already confessed. The third party in the murder, the wife's 26 year old younger brother is still on the run.

More here

http://www.thairath.co.th/content/region/99171

http://www.thairath.co.th/content/region/99412

http://www.thairath.co.th/today/view/99454

• Like 2

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:(:annoyed:

Another sad Farang Husband - Thai wife - Thai lover and family involved in murder; it's always about greed...how sad, tragic and disgusting at the same time.

I hope justice will be done.

There were earlier murder cases with wife, family and her lover involved:

The murder case of Jules Odekerken - in 2003

http://www.thaivisa....en-nov-17-2003/

Dale Henry - Canadian Brutally murdered in Ranong in 2008

http://www.thaivisa....ered-in-ranong/

&

http://www.thaivisa....il-family-says/

May Mr. Raymond John Hyde RIP

LaoPo

• Like 1

the thing that struck me about the picture of the two when presented to the press by the police,. is that their doesnt seem to be any sign of remorse in their expressions. no shame or hiding underneath a hat or covering of the face. just the look of two cold bloodied killers that look pissed about the fact that they got caught.

hope they get everything they deserve and whats coming to them. angry.gif

Edited by tigerfish

What the heck!!! again another greedy murder act! Honestly here we need to take a deeper look on what can be done to maybe not deter more cases like this but at least make sure justice is done and the criminals involved gains the less as possible from their actions, we all know how bad is the legal system around here, the murders of this particular poor guy given their absences of emotions or worries know too, possibly out in just a few months free to enjoy what they killed for, so what to do? maybe every expat living in LOS should put everything he owns in this land under the name of a next of keen abroad? so to make any killing plots less attractive? and what about following up what happen to these criminals, i don't personally know the victim, however i wouldn't mind to put some of my money to make sure he get justice done! that is very likely to attract some sort of bad attention, however i wouldn't mind, as living knowing that things like these happens also because almost no one really want to get involved or chase up the criminals, lets hope Mr Raymond John Hyde didn't die in vain, it could have been anyone of us or our family! RIP :(

u mean she wasn't w/ him for love ?

Let's see, he was 68 and she was 32. Like Tina Turner sang: "What's love got to do with it?"

On a serious note, my condolences to the family of the victim, and I hope those involved in this are duly prosecuted by the law.

Another sad Farang Husband - Thai wife - Thai lover and family involved in murder; it's always about greed...how sad, tragic and disgusting at the same time.

Yes it's important to remember all of them, what about a pinned section where all the cases can be followed up? there are expats almost in every part of the country for which finding out might be an easier task than for others having to travel 100's of km, has anyone any costructive advise to give on this matter? (please just avoid the usual "is their country so they can do whatever they like" kind of comment), let's talk about it people, if you really love this country, getting some justice done can only help!

Ok sam666,

Consider this an official moderator warning. If you want to remain as a member of this forum you will read the forum rules and follow them. You've been on the edge several times lately with your language and now you have crossed the line by threatening another member no matter what your reasoning.

Consider yourself warned!

Ok sam666,

Consider this an official moderator warning. If you want to remain as a member of this forum you will read the forum rules and follow them. You've been on the edge several times lately with your language and now you have crossed the line by threatening another member no matter what your reasoning.

Fair eno but I'd like to point out i got threatened first out of nowhere.

Ok sam666,

Fair eno but I'd like to point out i got threatened first out of nowhere.

Ok, things were happening pretty fast on this thread and my wonderful Internet connection was taking 5 minutes to load pages. By the time I went back to investigate all that came before your post it had been removed by admin.

Lets just all use this thread to offer sincere condolences to Ray's friends and family who do read Thailand forums instead of for speculation about the crime. Thanks

My sincere condolences to Kuhn Raymond's family and friends, another unnecessary loss of life seemingly as a result of greed.

The only good thing I can say is that the police appear to have apprehended the alleged perpetrators in record time.

This seems to be happening quite often now around Thailand and a lot of cases probably unreported. In Cham in 6 months, one stabbing last month, assailant apprehended and jailed and 2 other cases of partners/husband being attcacked/beaten......knowone knows what goes on behind closed doors but attacks/murder are not justified. Not commenting on this case but I do think drink and the rise in drugs especially, play a part in other cases whether it be by the assailant or victim.

Seems he was a regular and real good guy in the bar I go (Now I see pics I think I may have seen him a few times now) and all the Thai's were disgusted with the way he died and the pictures in the paper, they all say RIP and hope she gets the justice she deserves.

Edited by sam666

Lets just all use this thread to offer sincere condolences to Ray's friends and family who do read Thailand forums instead of for speculation about the crime. Thanks

So if we can't comment on it, should the title be changed to 'In loving Memory of Mr. Ray', and the maybe OP detailing the crime removed?

RiP Ray... a sad way to go. At the hands of greedy cowards.

Edited by thomo

So if we can't comment on it, should the title be changed to 'In loving Memory of Mr. Ray', and the maybe OP detailing the crime removed?

RiP Ray... a sad way to go. At the hands of greedy cowards.

Of course one must be able to comment on this tragic story, but in consideration of the deceased's British family members, who might be reading this tread, the wording ought to be chosen wisely.

Of course one must be able to comment on this tragic story, but in consideration of the deceased's British family members, who might be reading this tread, the wording ought to be chosen wisely.

Exactly my point, thanks stghre!

http://www.thairath.co.th/today/view/99454 28th July 2010 06:02 am:

Arrest of Thai Wife and Lover for Brutal Killing of Farang Husband

Wife still protests innocence - Hunt on for her accomplice brother.

Arrest of wife and her lover for terrifying murder of her elderly English husband in his house. Wife's younger brother on run with a quantity of stolen valuables. Lover states it was the wife who called for her husband to be taught a lesson but only as far as injuring him, due to him insulting her until she couldn't take it any more. But the brother went too far and the victim died. Wife denies any claims that she arranged for her husband to be hurt but admits she had talked to them about his abusive behaviour.

An English businessman, Mr Raymond John Hyde, 68, was stabbed to death by an unknown number of assailants in his bedroom, at his house located at 34/146 Khao Noi Village, Khankhlong Chonprathan Rd, Hua Hin, in Prachuap Khiri Khan Province. The murder happened while Mrs Bunnak, or Fon Hyde, 32, the wife of the deceased, was out shopping in Hua Hin market buying some items in preparation for merit-making on the upcoming Thai religious holiday of Asanha Bucha Day.

After the murder, Police Major General Wichia Tantrawiriya, Commander of Prachuap Khiri Khan province ordered that he wanted a quick resolution to the case because the victim was a foreigner and also because of the shocking nature of the murder. At the same time Police Colonel Damromgsak Thongngamtragun, Commander of Hua Hin Police station ordered uniformed officers to begin looking for clues, starting with those people close to the deceased, due to the fact that the criminals knew when Mrs Bunnak left the house. This eventually led to the arrest of two people, one of them being the very wife of the deceased herself.

At 1.00 pm on the 27th of July, Police Colonel Damromgsak Thongngamtragun, Commander of Hua Hin Police station obtained an arrest warrant and along with uniformed officers arrested Mrs Bunnak, or Fon Hyde, the wife of the deceased along with Mr Thanakorn, or Lek Butsa, 33, of 21/14 Khao Noi, Tambon Hua Hin, Mrs Bunnak's lover. During a police interview, Mr Thanakorn stated that Mr Raymond was murdered by Mr Khomkrit, or Don Im Nuee, 26, the younger brother of Mrs Bunnak. Mr Thanakorn claimed he only drove the killer to the house but took no further part.

Mr Thanakorn testified that it all began with Mrs Bunnak telling him that she wanted someone to teach her husband a lesson because he regularly berated and insulted both her and Thai people, saying they eat dirty food like animals and that they were uneducated and lowly. This built up a deep feeling of resentment and anger in Mrs Bunnak which led to Mr Khomkrit being asked to teach him a lesson, but only as far as injuring him. Subsequently he drove Mr Khomkrit to the house and sent him off with a cudgel and flick knife. Mr Thanakorn said at this point he drove home not thinking that Mr Khomkrit would go so far as to commit murder and steal from the house.

As far as Mrs Bunnak's testimony goes, she says she doesn't know anything about what happened and she never asked anyone to hurt her husband as Mr Thanakorn alleges. Also before leaving the house she locked all the doors but she does admit that she had talked to Mr Thanakorn and her brother about her husband's continual abusive behaviour during their 10 year marriage and that she would like to teach him a lesson not to insult Thai people. But as to the two men going so far as to kill him, she knew nothing about this and never thought it would end up like this.

Police Major General Wichia Tantrawiriya, Commander of Prachuap Khiri Khan province, disclosed that police investigations had turned up several pieces of evidence that pointed to the fact that all 3 had conspired in the murder. The issue of whether they had only wanted to go so far as to intimidate the victim is possible but due to the victim being of a large physical build it may be that a fight ensued causing Mr Khomkrit to decide to stab him to death. We believe we'll arrest Mr Khomkrit within one or two days.

Investigating officers also made reference to Mrs Bunnak's claim to have securely locked the house doors before leaving to go shopping. Police investigations on the day of the murder found no evidence that any doors, windows or entrances to the house had been forced open and they are certain the doors were left unlocked to allow the assailant entry to the house.

Came across something in the English press here.

Dying Briton 'killed by Thai wife for his money'

A dying British businessman was beaten to death on the orders of his ‘evil’ Thai wife so she could get her hands on his money early, police have said.

Raymond Hyde, who had throat cancer, was killed by wife Bunnag’s brother because she could not wait to inherit £200,000, his house and bar business, it was alleged.

The 68-year-old, from Cheshunt, Hertfordshire, died at his retirement home in Hua Hin, 241km (150miles) south of Bangkok, last month.

continued:

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/837784-dying-briton-killed-by-thai-wife-for-his-money

Edited by sbk
added some content

The murder case of Jules Odekerken - in 2003

http://www.thaivisa....en-nov-17-2003/

Dale Henry - Canadian Brutally murdered in Ranong in 2008

http://www.thaivisa....ered-in-ranong/

&

http://www.thaivisa....il-family-says/

May Mr. Raymond John Hyde RIP

LaoPo

Sadly, until I spent many years in Thailand I never realised life was worth so very little,and money and wealth was valued so much.

IMHO and from my observations everything in Thailand has a price and comes down to avarice,and a desire for wealth without a thought or conscience for the rightful owner.

So nothing has a real intrinsic value. as long as you have "Face" which equals wealth it matters nothing how wealth was achieved or come by,This is why Thaksin is so revered.

One could be forgiven for thinking that this is the Norm in Thailand!

Blood money and tainted money will surely bring bad Karma to the wrong doers.

Rest In Peace Raymond.

Edited by MAJIC

Came across something in the English press here.

Dying Briton 'killed by Thai wife for his money'

A dying British businessman was beaten to death on the orders of his 'evil' Thai wife so she could get her hands on his money early, police have said.

Raymond Hyde, who had throat cancer, was killed by wife Bunnag's brother because she could not wait to inherit £200,000, his house and bar business, it was alleged.

The 68-year-old, from Cheshunt, Hertfordshire, died at his retirement home in Hua Hin, 241km (150miles) south of Bangkok, last month.

continued:

http://www.metro.co....e-for-his-money

I hope I'm allowed to give the murdered Gentleman (and accused ordered-murder-wife) a face....:

post-13995-021839800 1281564336_thumb.jp

Fatal attraction: The last known picture of Raymond Hyde with wife Bunnag, who is accused of ordering his murder to inherit his wealth

Picture: Andrew Chant

Source: Metro.co.uk

http://www.metro.co....e-for-his-money

Personal Note:

I recall a photo* that the girl/woman who was involved in the murder on her husband Dale Henry from Canada in Ranong in 2008 (see previous link in an earlier message) made EXACTLY the same V-sign behind the head of her husband as this woman, Bunnag.

It gave me the creeps when I just noticed that. :ph34r:

A very small comfort is the idea that that woman was sentenced to life in prison, together with her accomplish murderers.

* That photo is here:

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__1812880

post-13995-039118500 1281565252_thumb.jp

I'm shivering...as if that sign was a kind of death-sign: two married women...both giving a V-sign and later have their husbands murdered. :(

LaoPo

The murder happened while Mrs Bunnak, or Fon Hyde, 32, the wife of the deceased, was out shopping in Hua Hin market buying some items in preparation for merit-making on the upcoming Thai religious holiday of Asanha Bucha Day.

haha what a sweet, pious devoted wife. If she was the planner of this act may she rot in hel_l.