Exporting Medications

lennya12threh

It looks like I can import medication to Canada for personal use as long as it only comes every 3 months and is in the required amounts, but they mentioned other countries may have export restrictions. I am thinking about exporting Sebivo, a Hepatitis anti-viral from Thailand to Canada. In Thailand 28 tablets is like 5,000 baht. In Canada it would be almost 20,000 baht ($600)..Can I export this medication for personal use?

No taxes for personal use?

Me and my wife will be going to Canada, and although chances are she will be virus free before we enter in maybe 6 months, but in case she still isn't we don't want to start paying four times as much in Canada and wouldn't be able to afford $600/mon on her meds.

Also, I wonder what the taxes would be for commercial use, as one could make a lot of profit buying in Thailand and them selling in Canada at even half price. People would go for it too because it's so dam_n expensive...

Edited by lennya12threh

You would run afoul of several Thai laws/regulations if exporting for commercial purposes.

Work permiy...

Pharmacy license...

etc etc.

And I expect there would be issues on the canadian side as well. Importing for personal use is one thing. Imprting for resale and you need appropriate licensure, credentials etc.

I am living back in the US now; but, when I lived in LOS I had a couple of friends who mailed Thai pharmaceuticals to Canada without a problem.

Basically, the meds were shipped vis EMS at the Thai Post Office. When the the receipt was filled out at the Postt Offie, the sender(s) used false names.

All meds mailed that I heard of made to the intended recipient(s). As best I understand it, this is not legal; but, oftentimes, perhaps mostly, overlooked unless

the quantities are 'large.'

What officials here and also in Canada are looking for are 'copy' medications, which sometimes can be extremely dangerous.

This is a huge problem around the Globe; and, particularly in Asia, including LOS.