Anybody In Bangkok Has Some Kyat Left ?

siam2007

going to Myanmar later this month, I was wondering if there is anybody around in BKK at this moment who still has some KYAT and no use for it.

As I arrive in Yangon late in the afternoon and most probably immiditely have to hop an a bus or train to Mandalay, I though it would be a good idea to have some small bills.

I don't want to change money at the airport in RGN as the rates are ridiculous, and I will probably not have time to go around town with all my luggage to find a decent changer.

to cut a long story short: If you have KYAT and wanna get rid of it (at regular irrawaddy.org - rates), PM me or post it here

I do have some Kyat, about 10 USD but quite honestly I would rather hang on to them for my next trip (they are new notes so won't become obsolete).

I don't think you will have too much trouble getting by. First of all a taxi into town is 7 USD and they can give you change in Kyat. Secondly the taxi driver should be able you help you to change some money, maybe going to Scott's market, which is not too far from the railway station.

Thirdly Mandalay is a large city with extensive trading links to China Thailand etc through the porous land borders. So exchanging dollars here should be easy.

Basically if you have dollars (clean, small denomination) you will get by. Just don't take Baht.