Extension Of Stay Based On Marriage Or Stay Based On Work Permit

Hello guys,

My in laws want us back to Thailand and stay with them in order to start a family business. I have read a lot of things about visa, extension of stay and work permit. And I must admit that all the information provided is giving me a headache with too much confusion.

1. My in laws are saying that it would be easy for me to stay in Thailand due to the fact that I would work with them. But that would involves a work permit. Now there are restrictions to what a foreigner can do. The business in question is rubber wood. Yes my in laws are from the South.

2. I have a law firm in the USA that would like to open a branch in Thailand and they would like to offer me the opportunity to put up the office and hire the required staffs for starting the branch office (I'll be the office manager). The branch office would be opened up as as new company in Thailand (e.g. xxxx (Thailand)). This would also involves as a work permit.

3. My wife would like to use the extension of stay based on marriage (showing the 400K) and then apply for a work permit to work in the law firm branch.

I'm going on vacation with my wife on 9th August till 27th August on a tourist double entry visa. I am not sure where to start from. A little help from another perspective mind could help here.

Could you please advise what options do I have?

Thanks a lot in advance and best regards,

Jey

P.S: I'm from Mauritius, an Island far east the African continent. Basic salary 25,000 THB required.

Edited by xtr3mx7

Don't come on tourist visa.

You must have a non immigrant visa to apply for extension of stay and work permit.

Apply for non immigrant "O" visa based on marriage.

Put the required money in bank for two months and then apply for extension of stay based on marriage.

As working in rubber business, no problem you can be "General manager" on your WP.

The 25.000 you mention is for extension based on employment.

Guys, thanks for the input. I was actually thinking of coming on a non imm visa O based on marriage but I think it's quite late right? Considering the time it would take to have the new visa approved from here.

Indeed, I am going on vacation to Thailand for the 3 weeks mentioned but the potential employer want me to build up the office for him as his office manager then my family want me to stay in the family business. Here's another question, would I require 2 work permit? One in BKK for the law firm and another one for Songkhla for the family business?

@ mallyrd, the fact would be the minimum salary required if based on employment (Mauritius is considered part of Africa though far away in the middle of the ocean).

Thanks a lot in advance.