Need Help Identifying The Location Of This Old Photo

jcbangkok

Wow, you guys are AMAZING. Like the mini CIA here, lol.

My friend was so very grateful to you all. I would have been happy with confirming it was BKK but like you all I really got curious to know where exactly this was and it appears the mystery is solved.

Give us a hard one next time.

If I told you why I was able to recognize the intersection immediately, you would be less impressed. Brought back a lot of memories though.

Come on and spill it, now you've got me intrigued! ! !

There was the mundane reason that I used to pass this circle on my trips to and from my house in Dusit to Patpong. That only took about 20 minutes in those days so there was not much reason to stay home.

Also back in the day, many barber shops supplied services in addition to their normal tonsorial activities. A lady working at the First Hotel barber shop was rated 'best in Bangkok' by the nightlife correspondent of the Bangkok World at furnishing one of these art forms. Such a claim demanded confirmation and this can not be done on the strength of a single visit. After determining that the information was essentially correct, there are also the QA/QC follow up checks as well. I went around that circle so many times I am still giddy.

I even got a haircut once.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I was wondering as well. Great thread, for once a good hearted thread, with people jumping in to help with no negative comments. I loved the detective side of the story, but am also interested in knowing if the OP was able to help his friend.