Carrefour-Going Down Already?

thaigerd

I do like Carrefour although not in Thailand. In Singapore they have two and they are very nice shops. In Phuket, lets be honest, the place looks like a mess at the best of times.

Has anyone been into TOPS in Central since they have expanded it? Is it better than before? I always find a better selection in there than in Carrefour or Villa Market. Was pleased to see that they have expanded it. Will pop in over the weekend and check it out..

having problems seeing carrefours business model in LOS. They focus on farang stuff in addition to what thais purchase, yet they have been very slow in establishing in farang sones outside BKK. Not yet in Hua Hin, and just a few years ago in Phuket.

Still, like the shop, and Big C as new owner would be interesting. Big C is focusing mainly on thai customers, they are not often in geographical competition with each other, so the cost of closing down outlets shouldnt be needed

having problems seeing carrefours business model in LOS. They focus on farang stuff in addition to what thais purchase, yet they have been very slow in establishing in farang sones outside BKK. Not yet in Hua Hin, and just a few years ago in Phuket.

Still, like the shop, and Big C as new owner would be interesting. Big C is focusing mainly on thai customers, they are not often in geographical competition with each other, so the cost of closing down outlets shouldnt be needed

According to reports I have heard ,Tesco is more likely to be the contender to replace Carrefour;

IF they can produce the excellence we see in their UK stores that will be a bonus for everyone.

The "New" Tops is certainly bigger and has more selection and I would say now competes with Villa,but they have too much "Waitrose" discards and we have been running back for the last few weeks with packets of stale cheese biscuits(Carrs table water mainly), which makes one lose confidence . Also the bread at Tops is rubbish., but the new 'lunch" bar outside is useful 'though expensive.

• 5 weeks later...

According to reports I have heard ,Tesco is more likely to be the contender to replace Carrefour;

IF they can produce the excellence we see in their UK stores that will be a bonus for everyone.

The "New" Tops is certainly bigger and has more selection and I would say now competes with Villa,but they have too much "Waitrose" discards and we have been running back for the last few weeks with packets of stale cheese biscuits(Carrs table water mainly), which makes one lose confidence . Also the bread at Tops is rubbish., but the new 'lunch" bar outside is useful 'though expensive.

Having worked for Tesco for 10yrs and treated like dirt I dislike supermarkets but actually like Big C, never have to wait at the check outs and it's a pleasant place to go.