Renting House In Pattaya

therealmrbrightside

Hi all,

I will be starting a new job in Sattahip which requires me to stay within commuting distance.

I've been looking online and asking around for advice on who are best agencies, are they all good - will they try to rob me? Is it more beneficial to rent from a Thai local or an expat - i've heard some scary strories.

I'm looking for a 2 bedroom sized house with garden and pool around Pattaya but close to Sukhumvit Road. What are the best agencies for this area?

Please if you have any advice on where to go, what to watch out for etc. any bad experiences then let me know,

you can email privately if you'd prefer not to post at [email protected]

Cheers people,

I moved down to Pattaya just over a month or two ago and went through Alan Bolton Property Consultants who are based in The Avenue. Dealt with Frank O'Neil there who was very helpful - gave him our requirements day 1, he arranged for us to view 5 properties the next day all of which met all our requirements, selected one and move in two days later. I think I have seen them advertising on Thai Visa and their website has quite a few properties on it which is apparently fairly up to date. Certainly the one we rented was taken off it same day we moved in.

You can get closer accommodations pending on your needs Bang Saray is about 10-15 minutes away & you can find rentals 2bdr for 6,000 baht & up. usually takes 1 -2 days just cruising around off of sukimvet to find what your looking for.It helps a lot if you have a Thai partner to do the negotiations.Just a word of advise- mthe real estate companies are going to ream you on the Price as they are used to making a killing. I lived next to a real estate agent in Pattaya (when I lived there)and Frank told me they usually charge up to double the rent if the find you a place to rent. Way cheaper to roll with a motorcycle & stumble into the area you want. Right now rents are cheap & owners are trying to get people to rent or trying like hel_l to sell. Ban Amphur is another 7 -9 minutes from Sattahib & is nice as well. Pattaya is about 30+ minutes to Sattahib & traffic in Pattaya these days suck.

Good luck on your search

Agree with Beardog. Bang Saray is much closer to Sattahip and has a nice beach and good restaurants.

But we're still within striking distance of Pattaya - for best shopping/entertainment/nightlife.

I'm pretty sure you won't get a place with garden and pool for anywhere near 6,000 a month though.

Seems to be quite a few nice houses for rent inside Sattahip itself, but not many with pools - and Sattahip is a bit far away from any entertainment.

BTW - I havn't got a place to rent, so no axe to grind here.

Good luck!

Well i am looking for all mod cons - Cable TV / Internet / Swimming pool / European kitchen. 25k a month is my budget.

I have a Thai friend who will help me negotiate, my original plan was going to be rent the bike and go house hunting anyway but always welcome to offers, should anybody have a place in mind.

Thanks for the replies!

:jap:

Dave

Well i am looking for all mod cons - Cable TV / Internet / Swimming pool / European kitchen. 25k a month is my budget.

I have a Thai friend who will help me negotiate, my original plan was going to be rent the bike and go house hunting anyway but always welcome to offers, should anybody have a place in mind.

Thanks for the replies!

:jap:

Dave

With a budget of 25k per month you should find something very nice in the Sattahip area - not sure about a private pool though. Sattahip is a very Thai area. A few of the moo baans will have communal pools.

I would take a short-term apartment rental (say a month or two) and explore South Pattaya, Ban Amphur, Bang Saray and Sattahip at leisure, before making any longer term commitment.

My experience (renting for 3 years) is that dealing directly with owners is easier and cheaper than going through agents - but that's just my experience.

In the end I decided to buy a place in Bang Saray 5 years ago and I have no regrets - but I am a retiree.

Anyway, good luck and let us know how you get on.