Darkside Robbery

Dhali

Where does a construction worker get a gun costing thousands? Most likely it's a toy/pellet gun. From a couple of meters distance you wouldn't be able to see the difference.

For sure. They have a child's toy machine gun in the US that is designed to look EXACTLY like the real thing. Police have been trying to get if off the market as there have been incidences of people being shot due to their use of these "toys" during robberies. Police can't tell if it is real or fake!

just to let people know that there was another gunpoint robbery down the same street at 9am the other day with a thai lady getting robbed, will let you know when i have all the details.

I went to the police again today with my wife and neighbour to let them know whats happening but they where unaware of our last robbery ?,so it seems that when you call the police and give all the details they do not pass the information on to others !!.

just to let people know that there was another gunpoint robbery down the same street at 9am the other day with a thai lady getting robbed, will let you know when i have all the details.

I went to the police again today with my wife and neighbour to let them know whats happening but they where unaware of our last robbery ?,so it seems that when you call the police and give all the details they do not pass the information on to others !!.

Living myself in the area, I must say there is very little police presence.

One thing I'm trying to find out is who owns or operates the surveillance camera's in the area.

There is one set at the new 7/11 at the entrance of the road leading to the siam country club old course, and then one round the other side of the lake leading to Nong Prue, right at the entrance to the dam of the lake. Which by the way is very close to where that girl got a bullet wound as mentioned earlier in the thread.

Knowing my way a bit with that camera stuff, I'm a bit mystified as to how the things are hooked up (if they even are :) ) as all electric cabling runs above ground in this area, and the camera set I attached the picture of is not even close to the electricity poles with their spaghetti style cabling. There also does not seem to be any style of antenna visible, as often used, mostly the square patch type antenna's. Have already asked a few local officials I know, and they don't have a clue either.

Basically our area falls under the supervision of Banglamung Police station, but most police you see here seems more to be some volunteer force in beige colored uniforms.

post-4701-035778100 1281775271_thumb.jpg

#### posted on behalf of boardmember jsultan ####

Sorry to hear about the 9999 a shock, my wifes bar on country club in the month of may this year had 6 customers mugged in the area all on step throughs kicked off & the road left to do the damage all diferent times of day & evening mostly day time along with quite a number of Thai females as well held up, 1 pal of mine was with 5 of his Aussie mates when this happened all on step throughs all big guys who you wouldnt want to mix it with , So the Thai kids have No fear or driven by desperation, Drugs or the funding of drugs, another was an ex army instructor a B.M.F. a really aware guy who told me he had no chance ! never even saw it comming broard daylite!, lucky for the muggers they didnt cock-up, but then what in this just land ? arrested for a heap of charges & pay compensation to the muggers or there family?

The 9999 guy was right hand over the money take in as much detail as possable then the tricky bit will the scum shoot you anyway? only each person can judge the situation ,given the chance i prefure the odds of leaving the scum in a very bad way, but this isnt a coyboy film so i think best to use a car if not be aware around the lake area use your mirrors & observe all that you see like a small gang hanging around outside 7/11 watching you with -draw from the a.t.m.or leaving a bar,not quite sobber,or you were stupid enough to let that bar girl see a full wallet of cash, mobile phone = scum boyfriend & his mates! maybe?

As ex-pats in this area all we can do is look out for 1 another help each other dont think ( not my buisness) it may be you tomorrow? or your wife / girlfriend, we know in this area Dixon Of Dock Green isnt going to help much, Get to know your local motorbike taxi boys the proper ones, leave your bike phone them to collect you if you dont feel too happy or something doesnt feel right, Lots of customers do this at C.C. & go with there taxi guys home ( normally because of over the limit) 100baht or so , better than a huge medical bill or bullet ! lets look out for 1 another day & night,