Scars

Doza

If you can get some, rose hip oil is very good for minimising the inflammation and assisting the healing of a fresh wound/scar. Just rub a little bit into the scar tissue twice a day... works a treat!

:o

Wounds are notoriously slow to heal over here as Tornado says.

Had my leg split open in a motorcycle accident 4 months ago. Took 3 months for it heal properly and I was taking good care of it.

One MF of a scar that will not go away, ever.

After scraps and cuts etc what used to heal easily and leave no scar in farangland now eventually heals with a scar, even for normal grazes.

What's up with that?

Take regular visits to the sea. Salt is a great healer. :o

agreed with jackr above.

Also, bear in mind the excessive humidity that our (don´t know where you are from) northern european bodies are not naturally designed for causes wounds to stay moister, therefore taking longer to heal.

Apparently.

I think the reason of tropical weather is very true. I have problems with dry skin and when i get an open wound it takes far longer to heal out here than when i was living in the uk...as another jackr mentioned...should get out to the sea more...

My farther-in-law (thai) actually died from a splinter in his foot.

He did'nt mention the splinter until it was really giving him problem's and infected. They had to cut the infection out, but It just did'nt heal so they were cuting more and more out all the time until they had cut so much away you could see the bones in his feet. They then decided to amputate, but he was so weak that he did'nt recover and died.

Needles to say I'm very careful about cleaning cuts and splinters

Similar story to my friend - a sandal blister left untreated didnt heal. Then came the gangerine, then the amputation.

The fact that he was drunk most of the time and wasn't looking after himself didnt help.

--

The contents of a vitamin E capsule, applied to a wound, helps heal cuts and grazes.