I Want To Hire A Danish Aupair

I and my Thai wife lives in Southern Thailand and we want to employ my Danish niece as our AuPair girl for 12 months.

But I have no clue to what the rules are in Thailand for that kind of job?

I guess my niece will need a 12 months visa and a work permit?

Is there any websites I can visit to get more info?

As she is your neice, she could get a one year non 'o' from Hull (for visiting family) and as she is family, it would hardly be a job to spend time with her cousins would it. As she is your neice giving her some pocket money while she is on holiday would also be fine. She would have to do the 90 day visa runs though.

:lol:

Put an ad in the local newpaper employment section. Have the ad translated into Thai. Make sure it specifies Thai wanted, must speak Danish, to work as aupair to Danish couple with Danish speaking child. When you get no reponses, take that add and request a WP with it as proof the job you are advertising can not be done by a Thai. It won't work but even the Thais will see the point when you complain.

Now if you DO by chance find a Thai national that speaks Danish, and wants the job...hire her at once.

Edited by IMA_FARANG

Can I bring sand to the beach please,rolleyes.gif

The "sand" in Pattaya does not speak Danish. Not everyone wants their children taken care of by Thais as they have a more casual approach to a lot of things.

• Like 1

As she is your neice, she could get a one year non 'o' from Hull (for visiting family) and as she is family, it would hardly be a job to spend time with her cousins would it. As she is your neice giving her some pocket money while she is on holiday would also be fine. She would have to do the 90 day visa runs though.

Don't you have to be British to get a non 'O' from Hull?

Put an ad in the local newpaper employment section. Have the ad translated into Thai. Make sure it specifies Thai wanted, must speak Danish, to work as aupair to Danish couple with Danish speaking child. When you get no reponses, take that add and request a WP with it as proof the job you are advertising can not be done by a Thai. It won't work but even the Thais will see the point when you complain.

Now if you DO by chance find a Thai national that speaks Danish, and wants the job...hire her at once.

He he...nice one....will try that :rolleyes:

Thanks for your input...very much appreciated :jap:

Guess I could do with just a Non O visa for family visit. No problem if she has to do a visa run every 3 months....

Thanks again ;)

Don't you have to be British to get a non 'O' from Hull?

Nope. European. They will post back anywhere in Europe for a fee - and offer services to any one in the EU. No different from going to Kuala Lumpar for a Visa - unless you are a local. They an only give Visa's to Thailand though :) that's the limitiation (i.e. destination limitation, not origin)

I would like to bring over a Phillipino girl as an Aupair.

As they speak good English.

Is that any easier?

I would like to bring over a Phillipino girl as an Aupair.

As they speak good English.

Is that any easier?

Assuming she is NOT family, then probably harder as the pretext is no there (i.e. visiting family) - it would be very difficult (read not possible) to get a WP as a baby sitter/nanny as this IS a job Thai nationals could do (no special skill set that Thais do not have). Speaking English ould help, but as Philipines is not considered a natural English language, then I would suggest they would still believe a Thai could do it just as well. So, I would say officially (legitimately) that you could not do this.

I'm no Visa expert, but I think a WP will be very hard to obtain for nanny work. As a niece won't she just "visit and stay with your family and in the same time experience Thailand? As a nice relative you will give her some pocket money sometimes"...

As late June this year the Thai embassy in Copenhagen issued triple tourist visas. The only requirement is an air ticket. That will give your niece at least 9 month stay.

Companies rue 2M Baht paid up capital, 4 Thai employees gets one Foreign Work Permit. If you are here on a WP and a Non Imm B then every multiple there of gets you another work permit. But if the lass is family - there is not much hope to get here a work permit - I think Tourist stamp from offshore for 90 days then take your chances - good luck.

There are indeed Thai people who speak Danish. But that's not the point of the OP, he wants to bring his niece over for a year.

There is a regulation for trainees. I know therte are also regulatins for maid visas in Malyasia (maids coming from Cambodia and Philippines), I don't know whether Thailand has such a simplified regulation. This is the road I would try.