(Mens) Discussion Group In Pattaya

deejah

greetings pattaya gentlemen

i am putting my feelers out there

with the idea of starting a mens discussion group

the purpose of which would be

to share concerns issues thoughts feelings (yes some of us have them) and reflections

in an open safe warm supportive trusting friendly environment

i have attended meetings like this in the states

both co-ed and men only

and got nothing but good stuff out of it

i can not take credit for the idea

a friend suggested that pattaya is ripe with men with issues

and an open face to face forum to converse

would be a much welcome addition to the community

without it becoming a bitch moan and cry session

however if you are moved to tears this would be the place where you can let your hair down

so.................

how much interest is there in doing this once a week for 1 1/2 or 2 hours somewhere central like soi boi cow?

i think on or around dinner time 5 6 7 or 8 pm

probably safe bet to avoid afternoons and weekends but..........

also if someone wants to offer or suggest a place or dwelling to meet i would certainly take that into consideration

my abode is too small with few chairs

i am happy to coordinate

if this sounds like something you would like to participate in fee free, then please post or let me know by pm

i will do the rest

helpful advice and suggestions welcome here

but please if you have nothing constructive to add to this thread move on boy, take your vibe elsewhere

choke dee crap :jap:

Hi Deejay, I would think you're a new kid on the block by the content of your post. You say that if a blogger has nothing constructive to input then move on. That's rather bresumptive of you. What might not be constructive to you might be the reverce for someone else so it sounds as if your forum might be flawed from the start. Having said that, a good place to meet in Soi Bhao Kaw would be the coffee shop two doors down from the dentist called Dental Art which is almost opposite Chaba Hut Resort on the same side but well before Dianna Estate. There is a large car park very near where they only charge you 30 bahts for unlimited time and the coffee shop is large enough to accomodate lots of people (men).

I don't know what sorts of topics you're planning to discus but you'd better be careful they are not too earth shattering. I don't know if you've noticed but Thailand is not yet ready to move into the 21st century.

Hi Deejay, I would think you're a new kid on the block by the content of your post. You say that if a blogger has nothing constructive to input then move on. That's rather bresumptive of you. What might not be constructive to you might be the reverce for someone else so it sounds as if your forum might be flawed from the start. Having said that, a good place to meet in Soi Bhao Kaw would be the coffee shop two doors down from the dentist called Dental Art which is almost opposite Chaba Hut Resort on the same side but well before Dianna Estate. There is a large car park very near where they only charge you 30 bahts for unlimited time and the coffee shop is large enough to accomodate lots of people (men).

I don't know what sorts of topics you're planning to discus but you'd better be careful they are not too earth shattering. I don't know if you've noticed but Thailand is not yet ready to move into the 21st century.

I'm not really sure what gives you the right to suggest that somebody is "a new kid on the block"? I have been staying in Songkhla since 1987 (yes 1987) and I see and learn something new on more occasions than I would like to admit. Does this mean that I am also "a new kid on the block"? In my humble opinion I think your post is somewhat out of order.

I don't want you, or any other man, putting their "feelers" out on me thank you very much!

It all sounds pretty gay to me...maybe you would have better luck posting your ideas in the gay sub-forum. Gays seem to be much more in touch with their emotions, like most women, and would probably like the "feelers" thing as well.

I don't want you, or any other man, putting their "feelers" out on me thank you very much!

It all sounds pretty gay to me...maybe you would have better luck posting your ideas in the gay sub-forum. Gays seem to be much more in touch with their emotions, like most women, and would probably like the "feelers" thing as well.

Yes, should keep his feelers to himself.

What have men got to talk about that women have to be excused?

I would say he is being sexist.

I'm not really sure what gives you the right to suggest that somebody is "a new kid on the block"? I have been staying in Songkhla since 1987 (yes 1987) and I see and learn something new on more occasions than I would like to admit. Does this mean that I am also "a new kid on the block"? In my humble opinion I think your post is somewhat out of order.

Why are you attacking him? he never mentioned a period of time, so you have been here since 87, I came here in 80, my friend came here in 68, so what!In my humble opinion your post is out of order!

Yes, should keep his feelers to himself.

What have men got to talk about that women have to be excused?

I would say he is being sexist.

Jori says: What completely idiotic comment from Basil B

You should be "processed"at a police station for grevious access to the internet to supply stupid information.

The only reason I am here in Pattaya is because I'm sexist

There are plenty of reasons I do not want a women here to overhear my conversation,let alone my thoughts!!

Edited by jori

Awful statement for one with such a name.

OP: While I'm thinking that you have a good idea, it might be very hard to put something like this up down here. Good luck!

I don't live in Pattaya - I'm just a frequent visitor, so I'm not suitable to join any local mens group. But these are my thoughts on the matter:

I think there are things that men might want to discuss in a small group without women present. Women's brains work differently and they can't empathise with the problems men experience in life. This would be especially so in Thailand where they have a totally different language and culture to ours.

Since I've retired, I've been looking locally (in Melbourne) for a mens group where I could discuss openly the problems of retirement. One group I did attend, carefully avoided any such issues. They stayed safe by keeping any discussion shallow and inconsequential. They spent their time repeating old war stories to each other or discussing cars or gardening. Any mention of personal difficulties led to an awkward silence. (Or negative reactions like the ones in this thread).

At one time in my life, I had a prostate cancer scare and was in a very depressed state. There was really no one to talk to about it. But my boss suggested I spend an hour with the company shrink. It was free. So I went. It was like having a dark cloud lifted from over my head. After just a one hour chat, I left the office completely cured of my depression and with a brand-new shiny bright view of life. This taught me that having someone to talk to about real issues can make a huge difference. The hard part, especially in retirement, is finding someone you can talk to (for free).

To the original poster - I don't know if you'll be able to get this group started. As you can tell by the reactions - it's pretty scary for men to do this. Good luck.