Al Qaeda To Blame For London's Explosions?

Braccobaldo

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This can't be a coincidence, one day after London wins the bid for the 2012 Olympics.

This will be deja-vu for anyone who was in London during the IRA's mainland bombing campaign in the 70s.

Edited by camerata

This can't be a coincidence, one day after London wins the bid for the 2012 Olympics.

Quite.

Although it is much too early to speculate on those responsible.

There are members of every insane political and terrorist organisation in the world, living hidden in the labyrinth of London.

With absolutely no proof what so ever, I blame the French. :o

After all, this is the 3rd time in the last 20 years that they've lost out on their Olympic bid !

Several injured in London blasts

Several people have been injured after explosions on the Underground network and a double-decker bus in London.

A police spokesman said there were "quite a large number of casualties" at Aldgate Tube Station.

And Scotland Yard confirmed one of several reports of explosions on buses in the city - in Tavistock Place - but said the cause was not yet known.

One caller to BBC Five said his friend had seen "the bus ripped open like a can of sardines and bodies everywhere".

Number 10 said it was "still unsure" whether the explosions were a terrorist attack and although casualties were reported, no further details were yet available.

Ministers are meeting to clarify the situation and the government will make a statement later, Leader of the House Geoff Hoon told the Commons.

PA also quoted union officials as saying sources had told them there had been at least one explosive device on the Underground.

British Transport Police said incidents took place at Aldgate, Edgware Road, King's Cross, Old Street and Russell Square stations.

Scotland Yard confirmed they were assisting with a "major incident" and said there were casualties.

Hospitals have said they are no longer accepting non-emergency cases, BBC Five Live reported.

The National Grid, which supplies power to the Underground, said there had been no problems with its system which could have contributed to the incidents.

'Screaming and crying'

Jacqui Head, from BBC News, who had just left King's Cross station on a Piccadilly Line train as an explosion happened, said: "Everything was normal. Suddenly there was a massive bang, the train jolted.

"There was immediately smoke everywhere and it was hot and everybody panicked. People started screaming and crying."

The train was kept in the tunnel for 20 minutes and no announcement was made to explain the delay to passengers, she added.

Liberal Democrat MP Simon Hughes, near Kings Cross, told Five Live: "My only thought in the midst of all this confusion is that after the celebration of yesterday (for the Olympic 2012 London success) for people to be evil enough - if it is the intentional causing of death and injury - and think that they can justify this in any circumstances is completely unacceptable."

London Fire Brigade said four crews were at Liverpool Street and more were on their way.

Another passenger, who had left the Tube at Fenchurch Street Station, and walked to Aldgate East, told BBC Five Live that he saw injured people.

"As I walked through the bus station I could see people lying on the ground, black, as if they'd been covered in smoke. There were about three or four people on the floor being treated."

Eyewitness Paul Woloszyn from BBC News, who was at Blackhorse Road station on the Victoria Line, said: "We were told there was a bomb at Liverpool Street station.

"I was on the Tube, and they stopped the train and told everyone to get off and evacuate the station."

He said staff had said the entire Tube network had been affected, and leaflets had been handed out with details of alternative bus routes.

Another eyewitness, Dorothy Molloy, had been on a Tube train at King's Cross and said "staff just chucked everyone out of the station".

She said staff there had not given any details, but she said two passengers she had spoken to had said they had received messages saying there had been bombs.

"People didn't really know what was going on, they were just huffing and puffing and saying how annoying it was," she said.

"People don't seem to be panicked, but there's so many police and ambulances coming into the areas. People are just concerned, and some are just annoyed at the delay."

LONDON TUBE EXPLOSION CHAOS

0849 - Report of explosion on Metropolitan Line between Liverpool Street and Aldgate

Further explosions reported at Aldgate East, Edgware Road, King's Cross, Russell Square and Moorgate

Two Underground trains collide near King's Cross

Story from BBC NEWS:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/uk/4659093.stm

Published: 2005/07/07 09:52:56 GMT

© BBC MMV

CCTV will pick up on who was responsible.

All we can do is pray that the casualalities are minimal .

Mans inhumanity to Man .

At a time when our minds were focused on Genocide.

Several injured in London blasts

<etc.>

They have closed the whole travel network.

We have been advised to stay in work because there is no hope of getting anywhere and it is safer to be off the streets. There are many people however who are stuck on the streets because they are unable to get to work or to return home.

There are confirmed fatalities, but the exact number will doubtless not be known for some time.

Although it is much too early to speculate on those responsible.

There are members of every insane political and terrorist organisation in the world, living hidden in the labyrinth of London.

This is unreal - 100:1 its Muslims of one sort or another. Its hardly going to be Hindus, Buddhists, Jews, Christadelphians or any of the great religons of the world is it now. Which other group is murdering & massacring people right across the globe from Thailand to New York?

The backlash has started from what I can gather.

Apparently Finsbury Park Mosque has already been attacked by a mob.

I just hope that most people can keep a sensible head on their shoulders and realise that most Muslims are decent peace loving folks.

It is the few idiots who bring them down and I hope they are hunted down like dogs.

Dee Jai, The coppers are saying that if you want to leave Central London you must go by foot.

all London is blocked. Blockades in and out on all central London locations. !2pm GMT Tony Blair (PM) speech will follow the incidents.

My heart goes out to all the families involved.

Your right Proffessor.. I am livid, angry and messed up by this all my family are in London its scary time...

Edited by lopburiguy

Radio has just said Scotland Yard confirm at least 6 bombs, at least 20 dead and many hundreds injured. My mate's wife is a nurse in Kent and they have all been drafted into London to help out.

Spoilt for choice for suspects: Al Quaeda, G8 protestors, and Ulster paramilitaries (a bit unlikely) are all active. Remember, though: the IRA tried to bomb us flat during the 70s and 80s and they failed, and I don't expect anyone else to succeed. This is a tragedy for families of the dead, very difficult for the injured and their families, but needs only to be an inconvenience to the rest of us.

We're staying in the office and getting the beers in.

BBC World just reported that an Al Qaeda faction has claimed responsibillity on a web site.

As much as I hate London and Londoners ( as a scotsman, its the law ) I dont wish this on anyone. :o

I really wish there could be a very smart bomb that just kills all the mental ###### - Al Qaeda, IRA, Animal Rights, Seperatists, Religeous fundmentalists of all flavours etc that are capable and want to do this sort of thing and leave the world just to the normal people.

Al-Qaeda behind London blasts, say Arab sources - BBC

LONDON: -- Arab sources have told the BBC that the multiple attacks on London's transport system today were the work of the al-Qaeda terrorist network, the radio and TV station said.

It said security correspondent Frank Gardener, who is usually well informed, had been given the information by 'Arab sources.'

A number of British security and anti-terror experts have also spoken of a 'co-ordinated attack' that bore the hallmark of terrorism.

--AFX 2005-07-07

I'm in my brothers flat in Clapham Junction.

There's a strange atmosphere outside, everyone is on their mobile and I can't get any signal on mine.

Can anybody tell me if Boo was online at the time of the Liverpool Street blast?

I know she would have been in that area and I can't call her and see if she's ok.

I'm in my brothers flat in Clapham Junction.

There's a strange atmosphere outside, everyone is on their mobile and I can't get any signal on mine.

Can anybody tell me if Boo was online at the time of the Liverpool Street blast?

I know she would have been in that area and I can't call her and see if she's ok.

Hiya Gentlman scamp, I would leave it a while networks are down but the landlines are up and running. I know its hard but stay calm mate.