If You'Re Listening To Music Now... Whats Playing? 4

Jockstar

The sun is a welcome guest in Issan in January but within 2 months he's overstayed his welcome, revealing a fiery and relentless nature that's only curbed by the rainy season. Before too long, watch out! There may be a drought about.

I saw a documentary today with Joe Boyd talking about Nick Drake, he mentioned how unique Nick's style was, he was no ordinary folk singer, the unusual tunings the excellent guitar playing, the melodies and that voice... haunting is what I would say, but not in a particularly sad way, rather it's sensitive, attuned in

In another way Roy Harper ploughed his own furrow too, wonderfully distinct in guitar style and voice like Nick Drake

Working and living in Exmouth Youth Camp overlooking the cliff and bay in the summer of 1980, we would head off after work to the beach and pub in my trusted Morris Minor, its solid frame could easily handle four pairs of feet insistently tapping out the bass beat to Miss You as the cans of Tennents Super took effect.

I swear those tapping feet added at least 5 mph to our average cruising speed of 35 mph.